Australia V India - 3rd Test

Topic locked
Australia V India - 3rd Test Jan 16, 2008
End of Day 1 - India 296/6 at stumps.

Highlight of the day was Dravid's innings, but India now on the back foot as late wickets have cost them dearly.

A big one for Australia as they are staring at 17 wins in a row, making a new record for any test nation. Australia currently shares the record with Australia.

Only really dodge umpiring call today came from the Paki umpire, giving Tendulkar out to a ball which looked a little high.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jan 16, 2008
All teams should only play 20,20 cricket with Australia . None of the team can beat them in one day or test.
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 16, 2008
They were playing well .. :| thought we'll have a good total..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 16, 2008
India stopped the winning steak of test matches the last time the Aussi's were on a roll.

I wonder if history will repeat itself? :?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 17, 2008
Well... poor day for Australia so far. 165/6 and even then only helped to this total by a 102 run partnership between Symonds and Gilly.

Hopefully we'll get 250 ish... I think trailing by ~70 still allows us to be in the game, and still have a sniff of winning.
^ian^

Jan 19, 2008
Forget Sydney, Perth belongs to India...................Adelaide next in the line :!: :!: :!:

:o :o :o
vicks_20012
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Jan 19, 2008
Ah we can't win them all, just the last 16 prior to this one.

Good to see India with some fight for a change.
^ian^

Jan 19, 2008
Went to the cricket today, was disappointed in Australias batting for the whole test here in Perth. Best moment was Mitchell Johnson and Clarke slogging 6's one after another toward the end of the match today.

Will be in dubai on Thursday - where is good for Australia Day? I hear aussie legends at the bottom of the rydges??
Antiloop
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 19, 2008
Antiloop wrote:Went to the cricket today, was disappointed in Australias batting for the whole test here in Perth. Best moment was Mitchell Johnson and Clarke slogging 6's one after another toward the end of the match today.

Will be in dubai on Thursday - where is good for Australia Day? I hear aussie legends at the bottom of the rydges??

Party at my place.
^ian^

Jan 19, 2008
Indians team is RUBBBISH they worse then bloody England :D.

The only good thing they good at is appearing on ads.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jan 19, 2008
Antiloop wrote:Went to the cricket today, was disappointed in Australias batting for the whole test here in Perth. Best moment was Mitchell Johnson and Clarke slogging 6's one after another toward the end of the match today.

There' been four 6s hit by the aussie team in 4th innings.. 3 by the tail endors and 1 by symonds..thats quite an extraordinary sentence to say 6's one after another.. for 3 sixes..I had to check the score card to see the details.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 19, 2008
St.Lucifer wrote:There' been four 6s hit by the aussie team in 4th innings.. 3 by the tail endors and 1 by symonds..thats quite an extraordinary sentence to say 6's one after another.. for 3 sixes..I had to check the score card to see the details.

Don't take me too literally son! It was exciting nonetheless, a late spark in a very dull batting performance. :)
Antiloop
Dubai Forum Guest

Jan 20, 2008
Antiloop wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:There' been four 6s hit by the aussie team in 4th innings.. 3 by the tail endors and 1 by symonds..thats quite an extraordinary sentence to say 6's one after another.. for 3 sixes..I had to check the score card to see the details.

Don't take me too literally son! It was exciting nonetheless, a late spark in a very dull batting performance. :)

Point noted. :) But for once.. Indians won it convincingly..it was a brilliant bowling performance.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jan 20, 2008
KeithL wrote:India stopped the winning steak of test matches the last time the Aussi's were on a roll.

and history repeats itself
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jan 20, 2008
KeithL wrote:
KeithL wrote:India stopped the winning steak of test matches the last time the Aussi's were on a roll.

and history repeats itself

So Keith, what's your prediction for the next test?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat