EARTHQUAKE

Topic locked
EARTHQUAKE Nov 27, 2005
just when i am browsing some 5 mts back i sensed the earth vibrated a little. earthquake in UAE? :o did any body else felt the vibration ? :roll:

Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 27, 2005
maybe it was your neighbor sneezing ? :)
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2005
oh shit, i am in Saudi at the moment so made that smart ass comment. Just saw that a 5.9 earthquake hit south of Iran !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2005
it was felt in dubai internet city and also all wtc ppl left the building
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Nov 27, 2005
is anybody dead yet...?

HP did the earth swallow u???!!! :D
D-Unit
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 27, 2005
Our guys in Iran said its 6.1 quake. Some friends in NBD and Citibank said their buildings shook enough for management to call it quits for the day - not that they had long left to go anywayz.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2005
no one is dead. it was just a small shake only felt in the northern parts of town. just got off the phone with friends .. its all good ..

http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/Region ... eID=195310
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2005
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 27, 2005
secretdubai
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 28, 2005
In nasar sq. everybody had to evaculate the building.. some of my friends felt the vibrations..
I m so freaked out !
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 28, 2005
10 people died in Iran.

And in the building where my mother works the windows vibrated about 4 inches back and forth. Scary!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 28, 2005
Experts predicted that the Norther UAE is expected to be hit by an earthquake sometime soon.....
hosrom_951
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 28, 2005
I work on the 36th floor of my building and we actually had to hold up against the wall so much it was swinging...

And yes they are predicting a much larger quake soon...
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 28, 2005
Liban wrote:I work on the 36th floor of my building and we actually had to hold up against the wall so much it was swinging...

And yes they are predicting a much larger quake soon...

http://www.uaeinteract.com/news/default ... y=10&ID=51

Interesting set of articles.. there might be a quake soon, or maybe not for a long time. Either way, all of UAE is at risk from this :?

Most of the buildings here are not quake proof. Wonder if its safer in a villa or building.. I read somewhere that low rise structures were suceptible to more damage, but cant make sense of that! Seems the opposite would be true.. or at least you can get out faster!
jag
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 28, 2005
All i know is... if u start experiencing tremors then before u leave your house, office - switch the main power buttion off.. Do not use lifts.. and go to an open area, not near the sea.. oh yeah... and recite Surah Al zalzeerah.
easternjewel

Nov 28, 2005
I was in teh 20'th floor of our building..n i did'nt feel a thin..but teh ladies in our office were screamin..n complained tehy were feelin dizzy..We had to evacuate teh bulding..everybdy were of teh opinion taht the ladies cud feel teh tremors better than gents..cud'nt figure why!!!!!!

teh day was called off after that..
algren
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 29, 2005
D-Unit wrote:is anybody dead yet...?

HP did the earth swallow u???!!! :D

Dodo darling ,

Earth will swallow everyone , today or tomorrow or some other day ;) . It is very sad that just 10 people died in Iran ,i was expecting atleast 15000. CNN must be disappointed too. There is no news like a bad news.

let see how many will people die in UAE.

Choco , why do u not come to Denmark ,its jst 120 minutes from London, we ll visit the home of D-Until :) :P
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 29, 2005
easternjewel wrote:All i know is... if u start experiencing tremors then before u leave your house, office - switch the main power buttion off.. Do not use lifts.. and go to an open area, not near the sea.. oh yeah... and recite Surah Al zalzeerah.

Recite the Surah ,how sweet. The reason why i dont like my fellow muslims because they only think about God in bad time. Everyone start thinking about God as soon as he or she becumz loosers.

God is for the losers? or losers for the God , make your choice
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 29, 2005
HP wrote:
easternjewel wrote:All i know is... if u start experiencing tremors then before u leave your house, office - switch the main power buttion off.. Do not use lifts.. and go to an open area, not near the sea.. oh yeah... and recite Surah Al zalzeerah.

Recite the Surah ,how sweet. The reason why i dont like my fellow muslims because they only think about God in bad time. Everyone start thinking about God as soon as he or she becumz loosers.

God is for the losers? or losers for the God , make your choice

Dear Hp, I just dont wana loose my temper again.. the moderator moves the post to fight clubs, and not everyone has access to it.. therefore how will everyone else know how ignorent you are..

1st off all, we are all Losers when it comes to being a Good Muslim, agreed. But then, what is wrong in calling Allah, when you need Him? and that is at all times, at every step...
& God is for everybody.. thats why your there...loser :x
easternjewel

Nov 29, 2005
People in the ground floor of our building didn't feel a thing. i think the more higher u reside, more u feel the vibrations.

and jag, i think only high rise buildings are more at risk and not vice versa !!! atleast we can run fast out of the buildings in case of a low building
Mayflower
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 30, 2005
Well admin usually move the topic to "dogs club" .Though he doesnt understand the knowledge fights.Every day he appears online before sleeping and where-ever he notice " red text" ,he either delet it or send it to somewhere else. I ll sue him for hurting my feeling.

Indian cuite .......We shuld remember the God in happiness too . It ws simple point , which u culdnt grab :P. Remember the God all the time.
anyhow happiness doesnt mean offering pray at the end of date. :P .

PS" today a spanish gal offered me the massage ,she had such a silky fingures , i ws feeling sleepoo :P .Finiato senorita. Damit these white gals would take me in hell [/color]
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 30, 2005
HP wrote:Well admin usually move the topic to "dogs club" .Though he doesnt understand the knowledge fights.Every day he appears online before sleeping and where-ever he notice " red text" ,he either delet it or send it to somewhere else. I ll sue him for hurting my feeling.

Indian cuite .......We shuld remember the God in happiness too . It ws simple point , which u culdnt grab :P. Remember the God all the time.
anyhow happiness doesnt mean offering pray at the end of date. :P .

PS" today a spanish gal offered me the massage ,she had such a silky fingures , i ws feeling sleepoo :P .Finiato senorita. Damit these white gals would take me in hell [/color]

1st off all, we are all Losers when it comes to being a Good Muslim, agreed. But then, what is wrong in calling Allah, when you need Him? and that is at all times, at every step...

& you couldnt grab the simplicity of my post....that I already mentioned that we need God at all times! meaning, when ur happy, sad or whatever.
easternjewel

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat