Dogs In Furnished Housing?

Topic locked
Dogs in furnished housing? Dec 01, 2007
Hi,

Are dogs generally allowed in furnished housing? I think it will be a villa as we are a married couple. We are waiting on the answer from the company, but would like to know what the general practice is.

canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

Dec 01, 2007
From what I've been told generally in a furnished house pets aren't allowed, also worth noting on the news a couple days ago 16 breeds of dogs were newly banned in Dubai, not sure the breeds but there are some dog experts here who I'm sure can add details.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Banned Dec 01, 2007
thanks for the info.... I found this article which is what you were referring to. http://www.xpress4me.com/news/uae/dubai/20004454.html

my dog is a husky... looks like she is banned :(
canadiangal75
Dubai Forum User

Dec 02, 2007
Dubai is not the type of environment to bring a long haired dog to in any case. I had a Persian cat which had to be shaved at least 4 times per year because she overheats. This is in an apartment with the air-conditioning running (no I didn’t have permission to keep her, but cats are generally quieter than dogs so it never caused a problem).

You would definitely not be able to let him/ her outdoors in summer to exercise because of the heat and humidity.

Most rented apartment buildings (furnished and unfurnished) do not allow animals.
dbxsoul
Honored Member

posting in Accommodation in DubaiForum Rules

Return to Accommodation in Dubai