Toilets Are For Taking A Dump, Not A Shower

Topic locked
Toilets are for taking a dump, not a shower Nov 15, 2007
What is it with people in this country and toilets? Every time I go in to take a crap in a public toilet - usually at work - the floor and toilet seat are soaked with (what I hope is) water. This results in me having to spend 5 minutes and half a roll of TP to wipe up the mess left by the neanderthal before me who didn't have the common courtesy to clean up his filth.

As if that wasn't enough, more often than not when I open the door I'm hit with a shotgun blast of stench to the face. I'm not talking about the regular BO you'd expect in a toilet, the person responsible for this stink fest must have eaten a dead rodent stuffed with curry, threw it up, then gobbled it up again before polluting the lavatory this olfactory holocaust.

Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Toilets are for taking a dump, not a shower Nov 15, 2007
usually in UAE people dont use Toilet paper to wipe their asssses , they like to use water and if there is warm water , they use 7up :). The result is flood at toilet. '

I hope you understand cross culture differences :=)
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 15, 2007
lol
bsorc
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 15, 2007
The water in the toilet is probably the flood left behind by someone washing their feet, etc

We have notices in the toilets at work requesting people not to wash feet in the wash basins.... wonder how they manage that
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 15, 2007
Some are using the toilets for ablution, so it's flooding most of the time. I've seen ladies washing their feet in a sink or lavatory, but it's ok.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 19, 2007
KeithL wrote:The water in the toilet is probably the flood left behind by someone washing their feet, etc

We have notices in the toilets at work requesting people not to wash feet in the wash basins.... wonder how they manage that

Keith where do you work mate?? i would luv to have them reported to the ministry :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
rudeboy wrote:
KeithL wrote:The water in the toilet is probably the flood left behind by someone washing their feet, etc

Keith where do you work mate?? i would luv to have them reported to the ministry :D

Which Ministry would that be?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 20, 2007
some ministry i guess. theres a ministry that you can complain to if you are not allowed to pray or have facilities such as a bathroom but are not allowed to use it the right way for cleaning urself before praying. I ll ask my mate whats the name of the Ministry.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
If they're so keen on having clean feet before praying why don't they have a separate area designed specifically for that purpose? Oh wait, that would be too hygienic.

And exactly what is achieved by rinsing your feet with water? Even if that did help cleaning them (which it doesn't since water doesn't destroy bacteria), unless you're going to pray in the toilet or hover to the praying area, your feet will get dirty again.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:If they're so keen on having clean feet before praying why don't they have a separate area designed specifically for that purpose? Oh wait, that would be too hygienic.

And exactly what is achieved by rinsing your feet with water? Even if that did help cleaning them (which it doesn't since water doesn't destroy bacteria), unless you're going to pray in the toilet or hover to the praying area, your feet will get dirty again.

"and exactly what is achieved by rinsing your feet with water?" The water is used to clean your mouth, your leg, your nose, ur hair and arms. Before praying u should DO this. If u dont you cant pray. Water doesnt destroy bacteria yes i agree. But water does remove any dirt on your hands or clean your face. Doesnt it? Water is just used to purify urself when you are about to pray.

Yes I agree with you that the water every where can be a bit annoying. But is there only one cubicle in the bathroom at work?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
its abit similar to baptism. Water is used to clean yourself when you are about to pray and remember god. Its not only to pray but whenever you are about to read the quran. If water is not around u can use other subsitutes.

Islam and Christianity are similar in few areas. In Christianity you have baptism which is a religious act of purification by water. Thats exactly what the muslims are doing. Instead of standing in a river and dipping your whole body in water muslims usually clean themselves with water before praying.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baptism#Ri ... g_in_Islam

click the link above and you will see what I am talking about.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
rudeboy wrote:"and exactly what is achieved by rinsing your feet with water?" The water is used to clean your mouth, your leg, your nose, ur hair and arms. Before praying u should DO this.

Great, just don't do it in a public toilet.

rudeboy wrote:If u dont you cant pray. Water doesnt destroy bacteria yes i agree. But water does remove any dirt on your hands or clean your face. Doesnt it? Water is just used to purify urself when you are about to pray.

I was going to point out the irony of purifying yourself in a stinky 1x1 cubicle riddled with fecal matter and urine, but you did a pretty good job of that yourself.

rudeboy wrote:Yes I agree with you that the water every where can be a bit annoying. But is there only one cubicle in the bathroom at work?

Unfortunately all of them are used for "purification" on a daily basis
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2007
rudeboy wrote:its abit similar to baptism. Water is used to clean yourself when you are about to pray and remember god. Its not only to pray but whenever you are about to read the quran. If water is not around u can use other subsitutes.

I don't recall any baptism ever taking place in a toilet, which is the point you seem to be deriving from at a steady pace.

rudeboy wrote:Islam and Christianity are similar in few areas. In Christianity you have baptism which is a religious act of purification by water. Thats exactly what the muslims are doing. Instead of standing in a river and dipping your whole body in water muslims usually clean themselves with water before praying.

They can "dip their whole body" in the toilet for all I care, just clean up afterwards.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 20, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
rudeboy wrote:its abit similar to baptism. Water is used to clean yourself when you are about to pray and remember god. Its not only to pray but whenever you are about to read the quran. If water is not around u can use other subsitutes.

I don't recall any baptism ever taking place in a toilet, which is the point you seem to be deriving from at a steady pace.

rudeboy wrote:Islam and Christianity are similar in few areas. In Christianity you have baptism which is a religious act of purification by water. Thats exactly what the muslims are doing. Instead of standing in a river and dipping your whole body in water muslims usually clean themselves with water before praying.

They can "dip their whole body" in the toilet for all I care, just clean up afterwards.

lol` hahhaha . you cant stop them cos ur in a muslim country. Try stopping it. I dont know maybe you might succeed maybe you wont. but i have told Y they do it. good luck
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 20, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:I don't recall any baptism ever taking place in a toilet

:lol: The Church has been going steadily downhill since Islam took over the globe.

When I have wet feet, my feet get even more dirty as water makes dirt stick to my feet. And putting your feet on some of the bathroom floors after ritual flooding must be like trampling on a pile of cow dung. All power to you, if humans are like plants then you should grow to be 10ft tall.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 21, 2007
scot1870 wrote:
Medvezhonok wrote:I don't recall any baptism ever taking place in a toilet

:lol: The Church has been going steadily downhill since Islam took over the globe.[quote]

Lol!

Muslims should be able to carry out ablution in their workplace. That's precisely why they should build seperate wash-rooms specifically designed for ablution. I am suprised it hasn't happened yet...

I have to admit, it really isn't a great scene - you can be in the nicest, most upscale shopping center/building/complex and when you enter the toilets they can be a total mess. And before anyone accuses me or anyone else of going on a Dubai rant, I'm not. That's precisely my point -the 'water situation' with Dubai toilets fails Dubai's own excellent standards of clean, modern amenities...

To be honest, even worse than the shopping center scenario is the office/corporate environment. Honestly, it doesn't look good. Amazing offices, most state-of-the-art facilities and when you go to the toilets, the water situation is...just really 'unprofessional'?
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Nov 22, 2007
guys muslims have to clean with the "muslim shower :D" before reading prayers. some clean the water some dont.

If its really bothering you talk to your boss or leave a CLEAR NOTE saying please clean up after the "Ghuzal".

Yes mosques have their own bathrooms where ppl can clean themselves. But in areas like media city or internet city you have got makeshift mosques in a room. So ppl will use the bathroom of their work to clean them selves up. If its really bothering you talk to your office ppl.
Cos writing about it here wont get you anywhere. Will it?
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 22, 2007
That's weird, I never knew people use the toilets for ablution :shock:
debian
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 22, 2007
rudeboy wrote: But in areas like media city or internet city you have got makeshift mosques

See now this is the root cause, I have to admit going into a toilet that was recently used for ablution is not a pretty site but why are there no proper facilities? why in a country with a Muslim majority there is need for makeshift mosques in buildings where I'm guessing at least 60% of the employees are Muslims.

There are two sides though, in my work there is a place for ablution and a mosque but people still choose to use the toilet which i've never fully understood. I agree with rudeboy people should clean up after themselves, I make an effort to, not that hard.

This thread was an interesting read.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat