The Real Dubai

Topic locked
the real Dubai Oct 28, 2007
Hi all, I have a question. My partner has just left for a 6 week vacation in Dubai. He's visiting friends who are Canadian expat nurses and health care workers in a dubai hospital. I may be worrying needlessly but I would like the real scoop on life thare from actual residents, rather than reading more Dubai hype on internet sites that are clearly geared to tourists. Finally, my question, How safe is Dubai for tourists. Keeping in mind he's no kid. late fifties.He loves the beach so I imagine he'll spend some time there, what can he expect. Also night life, do I have to worry he'll meet some gorgeous dubai woman and leave me,lol. Appreciate any input

gabe chadwick
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 28, 2007
safe as safe can be-- safer than home i imagine (the benefits of a benign monarchical govt.)

as for the wandering eye, love will tell the tale! ;)
Sydneysider
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

the real dubai Oct 28, 2007
Thanks sydneysider. I wasn't expecting a reply so soon. What are you doing up so early? and yes love will tell the tale.. I'm just wondering who's? lol
gabe chadwick
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 28, 2007
Cheap women of the paid variety are plentiful here. The rest is up to him.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: the real dubai Oct 28, 2007
gabe chadwick wrote:Thanks sydneysider. I wasn't expecting a reply so soon. What are you doing up so early? and yes love will tell the tale.. I'm just wondering who's? lol

You should have come with him to keep him in check :wink: :wink:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

the real dubai Oct 28, 2007
Would have loved to. Dubai is on my short list of" must sees," however job wouldn't allow it. Just have to do my visiting vicariously thru forum geuss
gabe chadwick
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 28, 2007
the answers are simple

a/ yes dubai is as safe as anywhere

and

b/ what difference does it make what country he is in if he wants to shag around? The same answer would apply to whatever country he was in.

If he wants a woman he will find it whether he be in Dubai, Columbia, London or Outer Mongolia.

:roll: :roll:
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

the real dubai Oct 29, 2007
You're right arnie, but really I was just trying to inject a little levity. My real purpose for the post was to find out a little more about Dubai fromthe expats point of view, and since first posting, I have gone over some of the old forums. Real informative. Thank-you :D
gabe chadwick
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 29, 2007
arniegang wrote:If he wants a woman he will find it whether he be in Dubai, Columbia, London or Outer Mongolia.

I didn't find any free women in Outer Mongolia. :(
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 29, 2007
gtmash wrote:
arniegang wrote:If he wants a woman he will find it whether he be in Dubai, Columbia, London or Outer Mongolia.

Thats because you didn't turn left after the thrid set of traffic lights :roll:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 30, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
gtmash wrote:

Thats because you didn't turn left after the thrid set of traffic lights :roll:

im right that down right now in my jokes book

no seriously that was awesome :D
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum