Any Random Violence In Dubai

Topic locked
Any random violence in Dubai Oct 08, 2007
Any random violence at the bars, night clubs, malls etc. Or is it all sweet and light. Be there in a month.

Paul Booth
Dubai Forums Member

Re: Any random violence in Dubai Oct 08, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:Any random violence at the bars, night clubs, malls etc. Or is it all sweet and light. Be there in a month.

not really
unless you want to start something :twisted:
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 08, 2007
I've only seen one bar fight here,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 08, 2007
really fayz?? where/what/how/when tell us more lol
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 09, 2007
Random violence does happen though, cos stories come in the papers. Just not as common as in the West or the East.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Any random violence in Dubai Oct 09, 2007
Paul Booth wrote:Any random violence at the bars, night clubs, malls etc. Or is it all sweet and light. Be there in a month.

Nope , no violence at shopping malls. The mall is the last place you will see violence in Dubai. The malls here are a bit different to your average town/city center or indoor shopping arcade in the UK!

Yes, sometimes trouble can kick off in bars or nightclubs but even then, the chances are much lower than in your average western bar or pub.

For the most part, the sad blokes who do try to act hard are 100% bluffers, ponces. They are all into posturing, nothing more. It is all about looking macho for the ladies...

God help them if they ever tried the same rubbish in Coventry, Manchester, Liverpool {insert any other city, anywhere} on a Friday night...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Oct 09, 2007
I saw a fight in the taxi queue outside the Mardinat last week. It didnt last long though. Just some stupid scuffling over 'Oi who do you think you are pushing in?!'

Most people have told me its very rare though.
Craigo
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 09, 2007
lots of posers here in the night club, they act tough cause either they cant handle their alchol , or they want to show off in front of the women , or they are just dicks like that.

Dubai is pretty safe , in toronto were i used to be , kids were getting stabbed in higschool!!!!
its so easy to get an unregistered weapon there and shoot someone in the night clubs , happens almost everyday there

Not in dubai.. so drink up , and have some fun here!!!
and if anyone tries to start something with you , just b*tch slap them and watch them run away...
nismo
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 09, 2007
Besides a Dubai Metro taxi swinging a metal rod he took out from his trunk at a european couple...

Stated in Gulfnews...

Taxi killer strikes back! hahaha
guest999

Oct 16, 2007
it is great that there is no violence here, even raised/aggravated voices are rare, makes me miss the 'i'll nut you just for looking at me' mentaility of good old 'up north' england!

kind of generates a society of weaklings tho
dave101
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 16, 2007
dave101 wrote:it is great that there is no violence here, even raised/aggravated voices are rare, makes me miss the 'i'll nut you just for looking at me' mentaility of good old 'up north' england!

kind of generates a society of weaklings tho

Very true mate.
I mean, I'll take that over the other option any day but
definitely I agree - the complete absence of any kind of tension does
lead to an idyllic nothing-bad-is-ever-gonna-happen-to-me mindset...

Btw, on a side note, kali lessons are coming along very nicely.
Plus you know I got a bag (two actually) in my yard, where we train...

You should come along dave...
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2007
dude.....yeah....try looking over your shoulder every single time u hear a motorbike behind you....where i came from women young and old get dragged on the road when these snatch thieves try to steal their handbags.....try telling them its better to have some violence / tension... :P

dubai is as safe as it gets for a big cosmopolitan city.......this is one thing i really really miss when i go home or to any european/american/indian cities...not having to look over my shoulder....
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 16, 2007
Some of you guys seem to never venture out of Utopia, also known as New Dubai.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2007
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Oct 17, 2007
gtmash wrote:Some of you guys seem to never venture out of Utopia, also known as New Dubai.

Bro,
I certainly don't live in 'new dubai'...i am in little manila, just round the corner from new, new dehli!

:lol:
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 17, 2007
gtmash wrote:Some of you guys seem to never venture out of Utopia, also known as New Dubai.

dude.... i'm certainly not in new dubai...is international city part of new dubai....more like little india.......
dodgeek
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 17, 2007
dodgeek wrote:

dude.... i'm certainly not in new dubai...is international city part of new dubai....more like little india.......

talking to the other guys
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 17, 2007
lol

compared to other countries, then no. dubai hasnt got them much. ive seen a few fist fights between white people outside regent hotel in karama. and then three fist fights in presdient hotel between filipinos. and one at 4am in burger king deira between arab teenagers and drunk filipinos, chairs were flying all around the street :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 17, 2007
I've heard some incidents of females getting raped or harassed in taxi cabs. Some bar fights and your daily bus station pushings. :roll:
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat