Stealing Parking Ticket ..

Topic locked
Stealing parking ticket .. Oct 04, 2007
An unfortunate south african dude(building mate) dint get parking space inside our building last night and had to park it on the road side. around 9:45 an RTA fellow comes and puts a parking fine on his car and goes off.. after 10 mins a smart ass comes and tries to park infront of that car.. sees the parking ticket.. gets out from the car to take a better look at it.. and then looks around and takes the ticket from the car.. and moves his car a bit ahead, parks and keeps the stolen parking tickets on his car.. the poor SA guy.. had it been his day, he must've got 2 parking fines for 1 night..

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 04, 2007
people who flat share and rob someone else's car space or go outside and park either inconsideratly or illegally deserve a ticket in my opinion.

The RTA are cracking dow on this and about time too i say
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 04, 2007
arniegang wrote:people who flat share and rob someone else's car space or go outside and park either inconsideratly or illegally deserve a ticket in my opinion.

Arnie, Arnie, Arnie, Ra Ra Ra.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 04, 2007
unlike Arnie and his cheerleader I read this different, the guy didn't have a spot to park so parked on the street, free parking until 9ish but he slept in or whatever and got a ticket, someone wanted to park instead of paying the fee to park grabbed the other guys parking ticket and stuck it on his dash so he wouldn't get a ticket?

What actually happened St. L? I'm curious.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 04, 2007
My point is Fayz that due to flat sharing 3/4 people can have a car with only 1 allocated parking space. Havent you noticed the nighmare and inconsiderate parking at night between your place and my place.

People just shove their cars anywhere, pavements, over entrances, sticking out from corners etc etc. Not only is this annoying but its dangerous.

Even in your building Fayz theres a notice telling people not to park in other peoples spaces.

I got so sick of people parking in my space, i now have a wheel clamp in my appt, soooooo i am just waiting for the next time a weekender from AD parks in my space - he/she wont be going anywhere for a few days :D

Its soooooooo bloody annoying

Rant over
arniegang

Oct 04, 2007
arniegang wrote:My point is Fayz that due to flat sharing 3/4 people can have a car with only 1 allocated parking space. Havent you noticed the nighmare and inconsiderate parking at night between your place and my place.

People just shove their cars anywhere, pavements, over entrances, sticking out from corners etc etc. Not only is this annoying but its dangerous.

Even in your building Fayz theres a notice telling people not to park in other peoples spaces.

I got so sick of people parking in my space, i now have a wheel clamp in my appt, soooooo i am just waiting for the next time a weekender from AD parks in my space - he/she wont be going anywhere for a few days :D

Rant over

Remind me to catch a taxi next time I come over, such agression, chill man it's the WEEKEND :lol: :lol: :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 04, 2007
arniegang wrote:My point is Fayz that due to flat sharing 3/4 people can have a car with only 1 allocated parking space. Havent you noticed the nighmare and inconsiderate parking at night between your place and my place.

Rant over

I don't think you have a wheel clamp.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 04, 2007

Rant over

Where can i get those wheel clamps from?
guest999

Oct 04, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:

Rant over

Arnie's place :lol:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 05, 2007
Not_Sure wrote:

Rant over

I have never seen them in Dubai, i brought mine over from the UK where every motoring shop sells them. Unlike you lucky people in the Emirates you arn't used to having your car stolen, so we brits buy wheel clamps for our cars, caravan and boat trailers because vehicle theft is an everyday hazzard for us, sadly.
arniegang

Oct 05, 2007
arniegang wrote:
Not_Sure wrote:

Rant over

I have never seen them in Dubai, i brought mine over from the UK where every motoring shop sells them. Unlike you lucky people in the Emirates you arn't used to having your car stolen, so we brits buy wheel clamps for our cars, caravan and boat trailers because vehicle theft is an everyday hazzard for us, sadly.

My former college in Sharjah has wheel clamps. They use it to fine those who park their cars incorrectly on college grounds. The most expensive cars never get clamped of course.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 05, 2007
arniegang wrote:people who flat share and rob someone else's car space or go outside and park either inconsideratly or illegally deserve a ticket in my opinion.

Now then.. This could be the problem of Localization of Language... for me a building mate is not a flat mate.. or I just dont get the pun ..whatever is the reason, I dont agree with those views of yours .. however this gentleman that got the parking ticket doesnt fall in any of those classifications that u mentioned. Poor chap was at the receiving end. and now again he got another parking ticket :P but who is to be blamed? The building owner? who doenst provide enough parking space? The RTA for allotting double the number of vehicles that the avilable parking space? or The guy for having a vehicle..

Having said all that the topic of my post was just to point out to a new kinda theft.. that of stealing someone else's parking ticket and clipping it on to your car to fool the rta guys..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 05, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:...Poor chap was at the receiving end. and now again he got another parking ticket :P but who is to be blamed? The building owner? who doenst provide enough parking space? The RTA for allotting double the number of vehicles that the avilable parking space? or The guy for having a vehicle..

You, his neighbor who watched the ticket being ripped off of the car and not doing anything about it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 05, 2007
fayz wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:...Poor chap was at the receiving end. and now again he got another parking ticket :P but who is to be blamed? The building owner? who doenst provide enough parking space? The RTA for allotting double the number of vehicles that the avilable parking space? or The guy for having a vehicle..

You, his neighbor who watched the ticket being ripped off of the car and not doing anything about it.

I know I'm to be blamed.. I waited to see if I can see any RTA officials coming in.. but couldnt stop any.. all I could do was just to let him know the thief and his car number.. hmm could i do anything else?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 05, 2007
nah, i was actually half just teasing but if you gave the SAF guy the plate number of the theif that's good.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 06, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
fayz wrote:

I know I'm to be blamed.. I waited to see if I can see any RTA officials coming in.. but couldnt stop any.. all I could do was just to let him know the thief and his car number.. hmm could i do anything else?

You could've written a strongly-worded letter to 7Days. :evil:

heeheehee
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 06, 2007
fayz wrote:nah, i was actually half just teasing but if you gave the SAF guy the plate number of the theif that's good.

:) I get that.. but like the old saying, Pun is no feather to tickle an intellect its a pistol let off at the ear.
And u know how difficult is it sometimes to make these people understand.. It took 10 mins to explain the whole thing to one of them.. n then he said something that I couldnt comprehend.. So I asked them who understands english..? In comes the answer 'I Understand' from the same guy to whom I explained.. :) so I told him again... oh great I wanted to let u know abt this.. to which he answered.. 'thank you but you should tell the number to the owner of fined vehicle' :P haha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat