Please Please Please

Topic locked
please please please Sep 26, 2007
advise me, how many times are you allowed to do a visa run.

I have recently read in the Gulfnews, that you are only allowed to do a visa run twice then you have leave Dubai for 1 month then you will be allowed to re-enter, but I havent seen it anywhere else.

Do any of you know how many times you are allowed to do a visa run

Thankyou soooooo much for your replies

:)

sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 26, 2007
Suggest you ask The Major..... PM him!

Remember from the past that he knows about this stuff!!

xx
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: please please please Sep 27, 2007
sparklyfairy wrote:advise me, how many times are you allowed to do a visa run.

I have recently read in the Gulfnews, that you are only allowed to do a visa run twice then you have leave Dubai for 1 month then you will be allowed to re-enter, but I havent seen it anywhere else.

Do any of you know how many times you are allowed to do a visa run

Thankyou soooooo much for your replies

It depends on your nationality. For Filipinos, they can do visa run 3x continuously or equivalent to 9 months, but they can come back after a year interval. However, it also depends who's the sponsor of one's visa, so it's case to case sometimes.

I am not sure if this is applicable to others as well.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2007
Hello SCY

Sorry I should have said I am a British Citizen.

My fiance has been transferred with work to Dubai, we will be getting married but I wondered if we needed to hurry with wedding (although we been engaged for 2 years and together for 5 so we should be married by now haha)

I have already extended my visit visa once and in Britain at the moment visiting my family and returning in October so that will be my first visa run, then I will have to extend my visa again before I return home for Christmas then return to Dubai in January so that will be my second visa run, so just needed to know who many times I can do a visa run after that

Any information would be appreciated as I have read one thing in the gulf news and another thing on web pages

:?
sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 27, 2007
I'm Canadian and have done 4 consecutive visa runs since November last year. It doesn't seem like they're enforcing that rule.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2007
Hello Medvezhonok, thankyou for your reply maybe they havent enforced it at the moment, when you go through customs/immigration at the airport do you get questioned why you have renewd your visit visa so much, just a little nervous, typical girl ha ha
sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 27, 2007
Well I have an e-card so I don't talk to immigration when coming in. You can get one easily if you have a British passport, just go to DNATA and pay 200 Dhs and you're done, plus no more waiting in line for 20+ minutes!
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2007
ooooh what is an e-card???????????????? i should defo get one. So does that mean that your passport does not get stamped, does that not cause problems when you go to immigration after your 60 days to get it extended another 30 days

Sorry for all the questions :oops:
sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 27, 2007
sparklyfairy wrote:ooooh what is an e-card???????????????? i should defo get one. So does that mean that your passport does not get stamped, does that not cause problems when you go to immigration after your 60 days to get it extended another 30 days

Sorry for all the questions :oops:

You can find most answers here http://www.bti-uae.com/egate/

As for the extension they scan your e-card when you do it so they know when you came in.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2007
I found that website but it said that you needed your residency but I dont have mine, do you have yours??????????????????
sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 27, 2007
you can olny have an e-card if you have a residency permit.
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 27, 2007
sparklyfairy wrote:I found that website but it said that you needed your residency but I dont have mine, do you have yours??????????????????

No, you don't need residency, I did mine using my Canadian passport, I think a British one works as well. The website might be outdated.
Medvezhonok
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 27, 2007
Medvezhonok wrote:
sparklyfairy wrote:I found that website but it said that you needed your residency but I dont have mine, do you have yours??????????????????

No, you don't need residency, I did mine using my Canadian passport, I think a British one works as well. The website might be outdated.

I can second what Med is saying I have 2 friends and they both do not have residency and have e-gate cards, one is a pomm and the other canuck. If you're one of the lucky 33 you're fine.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 27, 2007
Well I can only give it a try, thankyou all for your advice it is very appreciated

sparklyfairy
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Sep 27, 2007
fayz wrote:
Medvezhonok wrote:

I can second what Med is saying I have 2 friends and they both do not have residency and have e-gate cards, one is a pomm and the other canuck. If you're one of the lucky 33 you're fine.

I thought it was only if you're an Emirates Gold Card holder you can get one without a residency...
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 28, 2007
You can get an e-gate card as long as your on the list of countries that are given visit-visas on arrival. Keep in mind that if you end up getting a residency visa you must reapply and pay for a new e-gate card.

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum