2020 World Cup

Topic locked
2020 World Cup Sep 10, 2007
2020 World Cup starts this week who do you think is going to win this one .....

Looking forward to the Pakistan V India match should be a good one.... :wink:

Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2007
heard the matches would be of 20 overs team innings...??
abdulnafees
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 10, 2007
Yeh you heard right im not sure about all the rules but it will be 20 overs per side.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Re: 2020 World Cup Sep 10, 2007
Galactico wrote:Looking forward to the Pakistan V India match should be a good one.... :wink:

I think that it might turn out to be a very one sided affair. Pakistan has been playing 20-20 for a long while now, in their domestic leagues, and thus the players are quite well versed with that version of the game.

India on the other hand, have practically no experience.

Furthermore, the indian bowling/fielding (even with their 20/20 team) leaves a lot to be desired.

Having said that though, on a given day... anything can happen.
the.eternal.truth
Dubai Forum User

Sep 10, 2007
Galactico wrote:Yeh you heard right im not sure about all the rules but it will be 20 overs per side.

Your supporting your host country I presume?
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 10, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
Galactico wrote:Yeh you heard right im not sure about all the rules but it will be 20 overs per side.

Your supporting your host country I presume?

I am allowed to support both sides :P
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 10, 2007
HP has bought flat screen and tomorrow gonna buy DISH for 20,20 world cup . GEO is the only channel showing in europe. If i culdnt get it on Dish then i ll buy online :P

I wana see someone defeat Australia :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 10, 2007
HP wrote:HP has bought flat screen and tomorrow gonna buy DISH for 20,20 world cup . GEO is the only channel showing in europe. If i culdnt get it on Dish then i ll buy online :P

I wana see someone defeat Australia :lol:

Sky Sports also has the rights to it..... :D
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 11, 2007
Galactico wrote:Sky Sports also has the rights to it..... :D

There are always clound on Danish Sky :(. We dont have access to this channel :oops:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 12, 2007
I just don't get it with cricket.
How many World Cup in a year they have?
Like almost every week they play the same team/country over and over again, with slightly different rules.
:?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 12, 2007
xty wrote:I just don't get it with cricket.
Like almost every week they play the same team/country over and over again, with slightly different rules.

Cricket only has 2 World Cup's

1 World Cup which is 50 overs per side every 4 years.

The other which will be played every 2 years that is 20 over per side. This one has never been played before .
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 12, 2007
Galactico wrote:

The other which will be played every 2 years that is 20 over per side. This one has never been played before .

The 20 / 20 is really a test case now, we go from real cricket (5 day test match) to 50 / 40 over 1 day and now we have 20 / 20 I am yet to be convinced with this one.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 12, 2007
hahaahahahahhaahahhahahahhahahahahaa

hahahahahahahhahah¨

Congratulation Australia

hahhahhhhahhahhahhaahhahah
hahahhahhhaahahahhah
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 13, 2007
sage & onion wrote:
Galactico wrote:

The 20 / 20 is really a test case now, we go from real cricket (5 day test match) to 50 / 40 over 1 day and now we have 20 / 20 I am yet to be convinced with this one.

It might be approching a baseball game. 9 innings -average 130 pitches thrown per side

20/20 cricket = 120 balls bowled per side.

Soon the'll alternate who bats after a few overs.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2007
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Cricket - pass me a cucumber sandwich and a nice cuppa tea!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Sep 13, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Cricket - pass me a cucumber sandwich and a nice cuppa tea!

Choco what Game do you like ?

Concord

Congratulate to your friend Ian for losing the match against the most lazy time of history .........Zimbabwe. I am going read Australian News paper to see the reaction of Australian Prime Minsiter :lol:
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 13, 2007
It was a good game to watch I thought Australia might pull through at the end. Looks like the aussies dont care about 20:20 cricket.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 13, 2007
HP wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Cricket - pass me a cucumber sandwich and a nice cuppa tea!

Choco what Game do you like ?

Concord

Congratulate to your friend Ian for losing the match against the most lazy time of history .........Zimbabwe. I am going read Australian News paper to see the reaction of Australian Prime Minsiter :lol:

Yeah, but I bet you Chad would whip Zimbabwe.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2007
man, it was crazy, i think punter made a wrong decision to bat first :), but full credit to zimbabwe. cant wait for tomorrows tie :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 13, 2007
Jeevan wrote:man, it was crazy, i think punter made a wrong decision to bat first :), but full credit to zimbabwe. cant wait for tomorrows tie :lol:

You and me both ........ :wink:

Seen 2 fantastic games so far better then the whole World Cup which was played in Feb/March.
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 13, 2007

u mind sharing ;) oye admins stop blocking me i miss this forum plz plz plz i want back in :D i promise to be a good boy :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 24, 2007
Tomorrow should be a cracker finale...... I think Im going to stay sober for a change..... would be nice to watch India romp to victory... although I am a bit skeptical bout that Sreesanth character. Hes defenitely on weed!!!
olivertwisted
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Sep 24, 2007
i hate that guy sreenath, think hes a feather. but yeh it should be a good match. but the pakis deserve it after the tough one year they have had.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat