Dubai 2015-2020

Topic locked
May 21, 2007
More towers done now. The marina heights tower (the smallest one that's done, also it's one of the ones not made by me) is the only one that's completed in real life and is now one of the biggest in the marina. Not for long :)

malec
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 21, 2007
exelent work mate

what tool are u using
google sketchup?
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

Jun 11, 2007
Model almost done now.
This area contains 9 towers over 1000ft that are either under construction or proposed. In fairness I really doubt all this will be built. There are definitely 3 that will rise. The twisting tower on the water's edge will have a massive delay because the marina wall caved in onto the construction site. They're now working on getting the project back on track but if the water damaged the piles that'll all have to be redone. Damac has 2 supertowers here but they're generally full of shit. They're having problems with the first one since they can't get a main contractor, I give the 2nd one a 0.1% chance of seeing the light of day :lol: . Tameer also have 2 towers, one of them is fully underway while the 2nd, nothing. I've heard they're having trouble selling. The tallest of the lot just seems way too ambitious to be financially viable. I mean, it is over 1700 bloody feet tall! It only has 160 apartments (which are all around the same size) and they start at $2m. I wonder how they'll finance something which will certainly cost in excess of $1bn.

Anyway, here are the renders:

From ground level:

malec
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat