Possible Visit Late Sept Early Oct.

Topic locked
Possible Visit Late Sept Early Oct. Aug 26, 2007
I am planning a trip to Dubai in late Sept to interview with a few developers & visit the city to see what I will be getting myself into. I have arranged for flight & hotel for Sept 25-Oct 2 with a total cost of rougly $2000 USD. Does this seem like a good deal to those with experience?

Also, I am looking to make contacts & visit with people who have already been living there for a year or more. I am interested in a "tour guide" & willing to pay someone a reasonable fee (or maybe some beers) to show me the ropes of Dubai & even offer advise on where to live, rent/lease, & even just show me around the city.

I will mainly want to focus much of my energies meeting with Real Estate Developers, Real Estate Sales Offices, & banking/financing companies for job opportunities. If you have experience or contacts in this area I would appreciate some pointers.

"Hark"

harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2007
I hope you are aware that you are visiting during the Ramadan..
yujinn
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2007
yujinn wrote:I hope you are aware that you are visiting during the Ramadan..

I was aware of this, but it is the best time for me with School, Work, & personal issues. Do you think it will affect my trip that drastically to the point I would not be able to accomplish much?

"Hark"
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2007
ok Ramadan ....

NO Clubbing / No loud music and no Booze .... meaning you wont be able to see Those super clubs where international Djs played at ... and that already reduced your chance to get laid by 70%

No Restaurant is allowed to open from 5 AM - 6PM .... meaning you cant eat in somewhat cheaper restos during lunch time ... so you have to eat Ridiculously priced Hotel Food

With people spending most of the time sleeping or just watching re runs at home ..... there is also a 70 - 80 % chance that you will be doing the same stuff in your hotel room .....

my suggestion ...... keep your 2000 $ and buy your self something nice !!!
majorpain2007
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2007
Perhaps it's time I change my trip to late october early novermber? I knew it was a big deal, but not THAT big of a deal.

Thanks for the heads up.
harkev
Dubai Forums Member

Aug 26, 2007
majorpain2007 wrote:Those super clubs where international Djs played at ... and that already reduced your chance to get laid by 70%

hahaha now this is something the original majorpain would say are you the same guy?
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 27, 2007
fayz wrote:
majorpain2007 wrote:Those super clubs where international Djs played at ... and that already reduced your chance to get laid by 70%

hahaha now this is something the original majorpain would say are you the same guy?

yes ma brother fayz!!!! its me alright!!! heehehehe howz liban ?
dubai radiocast
Dubai Forum Visitor

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat