The 'How Was Your Eid?' Thread

Topic locked
Aug 19, 2007
My friend's finishing day (300 lbs)

Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 19, 2007
WOW! That's so huge! It can feed the whole village.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2007
Friday night, went down to Al Diyafah Street.
Two hotdog sandwhiches and a jumbo shrimp burger from Jebel Al Noor, still the best. AED10.

Carried it across the road to KFC and scoffed it there instead (superior al fresco dining area) and swigged it down with some barbican non-alcaholic beer, my newfound joy.

Fed street cats some jumbo prawn.
Spent next hour shooing away said street cats.
Declined to buy DVDs from Chinese lady (she's back! you know the one - the Queen of Al Diyafa, used to work pizza hut) but took number for future reference...

quality night.
but then again Im easily pleased...
burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Aug 26, 2007
Let me be the joy killer. Mine involved WORKING !! Its a crime but somebody had to do it!
To be more precise it was like: sleep, eat, tv, work, sleep, eat & work some more. :cry:
BabyDoll
Dubai chat master

Aug 26, 2007
my weekend involved paintball....suprise suprise ;)

On saturday, i went to the jebal ali shooting range with my bro, indoor .32 pistol shooting is the bomb. Overall sleep was sucky so im not in the best mood today.
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2007
went bowling at DBC and sold my car at tasjeel emirates road. played dota and watched some nice movies at home that i downloaded. not bad at all :lol:
xero_
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 26, 2007
Worked, but then what's new. Crazy birthday party on Thursday - wicked fun.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Aug 26, 2007
burton u got her no mate, i need some deeveeedeees :D
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 26, 2007
Chocoholic wrote:Worked, but then what's new. Crazy birthday party on Thursday - wicked fun.

I feel you...

worked too
Clement
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Aug 26, 2007
burton wrote:....
Declined to buy DVDs from Chinese lady (she's back! you know the one - the Queen of Al Diyafa, used to work pizza hut) but took number for future reference...

Hahahaha I actually do know that person, I use to think she got kick backs from KFC because she seemed to always be there, figured she must have been arrested.

Diyafa does have some people that really add to the character of the street, like the older homeless Irani/local guy that although he is older, can’t stand straight, etc. is always smiling and full of life, Diyafa really have its own vibe, love it or hate it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Aug 27, 2007
fayz wrote: Diyafa really have its own vibe, love it or hate it.

Love it, Fayz!

I will be starting a new job before the end of this year. There's a good chance I will be offered accomodation on either Shk Zayed Road or just round the corner from Al Diyafa.

And honestly mate, I think I might even ditch ol' Zayed just to stay close to my yard. Sounds crazy but it's true!

As for the Queen of Diyafah, she is now joined by another Chinese lady who looks like her sister. They are great, they are always smiling - even if you don't buy any of their DVDs, sorry - deeweedees!

The Irani bloke? Never come across him but I will keep a look out for the geezer!

Laters.

:D
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 27, 2007
rudeboy wrote:burton u got her no mate, i need some deeveeedeees :D

Sorry mate,
I scribbled it on a KFC napkin but it's gone for a... burton!
But honestly we're not joking. She does live in KFC!

:lol:
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 30, 2007
Party/cookout in Wisconsin, travel upto Chicago
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 01, 2007
We went to Ras Al Khaimah and had a blast there.
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 01, 2007
I had 4 girls....
2 on my right and 3 on my left....where did tht extra one come from? Well dont ask me, I was just pimpin like its no tommorrow. These girls could not leave me alone for 5 minutes to save their life. So I had an wild time with those 4 or 5 girls or may be 6 ;) untill 4 in the morning and then decided to leave the party and head for an after party like that R.Kelly song. So after the candles and a lot of heavy breathing, I wake up to a bed soaked with my own waste disposal and then I think to myself DAMN! that was too good to be real :D
SuperStAr
Dubai Forums Member

Oct 07, 2007
Alright gents, let's lighten up a bit...what did you all get up to?

Went on one of those evening dhow cruises last night - you know, 110 AED for a buffet dinner etc...

Really not my cup of tea. Food average at best plus eating at sea/on the water just puts me right off. Actually felt like throwing up afterwards...

These things - bloody desert trips and dhow cruises - they're alright for newbies to Dubai (which is why the bloke chose it) but honestly, I would never be arsed to do it again...

Oh, on a positive, found a new cafe which actually lets you smoke shisha outside - The Grind. It's at the bottom of Manazel Tower on Mankhool Road. Very chilled out, plus it's an Emirates accommodation tower so, um..there's all kinds of things to...talk about, if you're into flight and aviation...

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 07, 2007
The Grind!! a nice place indeed.. :D
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 07, 2007
Stayed home, BBQ with good friends. Great :)
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 15, 2007
Not much to report really.
Had lots of grand plans of getting away (best mate went to Singapore, brother to the Maldives.bastards) but that didn't happen.
Pretty uneventful. Although ended up in the Chelsea Hotel last night
with a steaming platter of sisig and a plate of crispy pata.
That saved my Eid...

What about everyone else?
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2007
Oh my god, i missed crispy pata and spicy sisig. I will have those when i come home in december.

1st day of Eid: I slept for 12 hours and be lazy the whole day. I missed being lazy, not brushing my teeth, not taking a bath, not combing my hair. Just home alone and comfy all day long.

2nd day of Eid: I went out with friends. We stroll in Sharjah, ate cotton candies and play "go kart". It was fun! Oh we play poker, shh..

3rd day of Eid: Wake up so early around 3am to go fishing. I slept while waiting for my friends' catch. *Yawn*
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 15, 2007
Eid Holiday now lets see;
1st day Friday BBQ a few friends over.
2nd day Saturday few odd jobs around the house shopping etc.

Hold on a minute, that's what we do on a weekend, heyyyyyyyyyy, where did my Holiday go?????????????
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 16, 2007
SCY wrote:Oh my god, i missed crispy pata and spicy sisig. I will have those when i come home in december.

1st day of Eid: I slept for 12 hours and be lazy the whole day. I missed being lazy, not brushing my teeth, not taking a bath, not combing my hair. Just home alone and comfy all day long.

2nd day of Eid: I went out with friends. We stroll in Sharjah, ate cotton candies and play "go kart". It was fun! Oh we play poker, shh..

3rd day of Eid: Wake up so early around 3am to go fishing. I slept while waiting for my friends' catch. *Yawn*

Heh,
it's true - I always associate holidays with a total abandoning of bodily grooming, the kind where if it was someone else, you'd say yuck...

Btw SCY, have you actually tried the food at Tia Marias? The pata is now the best that I have tried in Dubai. DaWarrior will testify!

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2007
sage & onion wrote:Eid Holiday now lets see;

Hold on a minute, that's what we do on a weekend, heyyyyyyyyyy, where did my Holiday go?????????????

i know what you mean mate...
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 16, 2007

Poor Sage :lol: :lol:
Galactico
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 16, 2007
burton wrote:Btw SCY, have you actually tried the food at Tia Marias? The pata is now the best that I have tried in Dubai. DaWarrior will testify!

Indeed the crispy pata in Tia Maria's resto, Chelsea Hotel is one of the best I've ever sampled. We should get some complimentaries with this free ad.;)

Was able to see 'The Kingdom' last Friday. Wish the last action scene would've been longer though.
DaWarrior
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 16, 2007
Galactico wrote:

Poor Sage :lol: :lol:

Tico, don't worry I will get you for this :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat