The 'How Was Your Eid?' Thread

Topic locked
The 'How was your Eid?' Thread Jul 23, 2007
Hello chaps!

Being the nosey git I am, I was just wondering what everybody got up to at the weekend...hence the rather aptly named 'how was your weekend' thread! I guess I should start the ball rolling with my own rather dismal account. Here goes:

Went to Benihana for the special eat-all-you-can sushi/sashimi buffet. Really disappointed, quality has gone right down imo.
Umm, what else? Oh yeah, went to Pizza Corner (the one near Ascot Hotel) for the first time ever even though the place has been open for 34 years - Dubai's oldest pizzeria apparently. Cheap and cheerful, no frills, felt good to give the finger to the fascist pizza establishment and give the little man a break.
Topped off the weekend by going to one of my favorite little back-alley dives, located somewhere off Al Rigga Rd, and spent the night listening to some remarkable live music and watching some exceedingly funny antics and goings-on in general...

...I'm suddenly scared to say which establishment, I think I'll leave it there...

:lol:

burton
Dubai forums Addict
Location: meanstreets of satwa, outside your mosque, stealing your shoes...

Jul 23, 2007
shouldn't it be how was your food weekend thread?

had some sates and sashimi at Ginseng on Thursday

Attended the worst possible brunch in Dubai at the Glasshouse on Friday

scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 23, 2007
hmm nothing much,

had a couple of friends come over, we cooked, ate, watched a movies, went out to a mall in the evening, carried some nice shwarma and grilled chicken from damascus, watched a TV show, went for a drive and dropped them home :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 23, 2007
Yet another weekend of rain in the UK!

Had a b-b-q, under umbrellas - us brits are good at that!

A house full of friends, kids from 10am - midnight!

Lots of food, drinking, games and laughter!

Time for a peek on the forum to check what insults LG had for me!

Sunday, quiet. Working unscheduled. Whilst being with my daughter and her father!

Great time!

Relaxed and enjoyed my friends and family!

Would like some of that Dubai sun though! 8)
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Jul 23, 2007
Hmm went to Gorgeous at the Apartment on Thursday - good night out.

Friday - Togaoke party (that's a Toga/Karaoke party) great fun!

Saturday - chilled with some movies and good company.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jul 24, 2007
Flapped around at colleague's leaving do till very late Thursday. Far far too many Amber Nectars and ended up [so TCCKAMG told next morning] snoring on the floor ! Felt surprisingly fluffy nexy day, so chilled on the beach till the heat scorched me feathers and retreated to the pool on the roof.
Decided to surprise t' missus and cooked on Friday night. Tasted ok, but took a longtime to clean up :D
Usual housey stuff on Sat.

Geeeez I'm getting boring........
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 24, 2007
Drank ma fav liquid at the near by restaurant wid some friends.. went to another near by hotel n had a couple of pegs more with another friend.. caught up in an arguement with another friend on phone n decided to meet up late night...my friend came over to my place both got drunk.. watched tv n slept without having food.. :D

Friday..slept till 2.. went to do furniture shopping for a friend who recently shifted to a new apartment.. reached back only at night.. went to our regular nearby hotel and sipped on to my fav liquid till 1:30 or so relished on some Goan sea food... got back home n slept.

got up next day feelin like i've got two heads ..
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 24, 2007
yea with that routine forget the two heads, u will soon have a tyre to roll down on to work no need for a car license :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 24, 2007
:P tyre .. I already have a thin one.... Iv'e been workin on it, not to get upgraded to radials :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 24, 2007
Hey Lucifer - where did you get the Goan food from? :D
XPClone
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 24, 2007
Jeevan and English Girlie know how to have fun without spending a fortune. Goose, well, he seems drunk so I didn't get what he said, although it seems he didn't spend much either.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 24, 2007
XPClone wrote:Hey Lucifer - where did you get the Goan food from? :D

Hope u got it. :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 24, 2007
gtmash wrote:Jeevan and English Girlie know how to have fun without spending a fortune. Goose, well, he seems drunk so I didn't get what he said, although it seems he didn't spend much either.

Its definitely not about spending a fortune.. :) Its abt having a good time innit?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 24, 2007
well lucif, who says one needs to spend a fortune to have a good time :) if its about naming places than its a different story, but i guess for me if i am getting the same quality for less why not, helps in saving for a rainy day :lol: :lol:
treko meri baat abhi nahi samajh mein ayegi , ek baar suli par cadh ja fir ye sab daru varu band :lol:
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jul 25, 2007
GTmash -
Geez. I certainly wasn't drunk at half 10 in the morning ! [although the way some muppet cut me up on the way to work this morning - i bet HE was !!]

What didn't u get ? Metaphors too complicated ?
g00se
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Jul 25, 2007
g00se wrote:GTmash -
Geez. I certainly wasn't drunk at half 10 in the morning ! [although the way some muppet cut me up on the way to work this morning - i bet HE was !!]

What didn't u get ? Metaphors too complicated ?

Yours, yes. Govna!
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 26, 2007
Hello chaps!

Weekend is coming. Get your stories ready!

:P

p.s. If your weekend is sitting at home with a lonely man's pot noodle, just make something up!

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 26, 2007
burton wrote:Hello chaps!

Weekend is coming. Get your stories ready!

:P

p.s. If your weekend is sitting at home with a lonely man's pot noodle, just make something up!

I saw you kicking an Indian guy in Satwa and stealing his groceries today. And the sun hasn't even set yet.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 26, 2007
English Girlie wrote:Yet another weekend of rain in the UK!

Btw Girlie,
how's the weather forecast looking for this weekend?

Are you still gonna be paddling about in your dinghy?

Shouldn't laugh actually, have got cousins just outside Cheltenham. Haven't heard from them for a while!

:shock: :?
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2007
Well, the weekend is nearly over but just for the record,
it's been a good one!

Went to M.O.E. on Friday to meet my best mate who gave me a belated birthday present...

An iPod Nano! Silver color!! Been meaning to get one for ages but have been totally skint.

Am well chuffed, just been staring at it all day, haven't even turned it on yet!

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Jul 28, 2007
Hey.... :) Belated birthday wishes burton.. :D :) awesome.. :D so no donuts n eating stories this time.. ??? :) ;)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 28, 2007
burton wrote:
English Girlie wrote:Yet another weekend of rain in the UK!

Btw Girlie,
how's the weather forecast looking for this weekend?

Are you still gonna be paddling about in your dinghy?

Shouldn't laugh actually, have got cousins just outside Cheltenham. Haven't heard from them for a while!

:shock: :?

Thank you for asking Burton!

Actually been feeding the ducks today!..... in the back garden! :shock:
The river now runs through it!

Just kidding....
Been alittle better here this weekend! But it is only Saturday, don't forget I get Sunday too.... there's plenty of time yet to get the dinghy out!

Cheltenham, I have to say, is not looking good!
Noah is on his way, so they say!

Happy Birthday to you. Happy Birthday to you!
:o mouth poised to blow candles!!

Have a great one, will update later! :lol:
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 10, 2007
good start :) finally i took concords advice seriously and made my way to ski dubai :) it was a freezing experience. and i forgot to take my skullcap and gloves and nearly got a serious case of frost bite :lol:

now of to another party so am making most of my final weekend here.
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Aug 11, 2007
Jeevan wrote:good start :) finally i took concords advice seriously and made my way to ski dubai :) it was a freezing experience. and i forgot to take my skullcap and gloves and nearly got a serious case of frost bite :lol:

now of to another party so am making most of my final weekend here.

Glad you're celebrating your last weekend in style, Jeev.
Hope the rest of it was fun too.

Me? Just stayed at home and turned into a total NWO/One World Government Conspiracy nut. I came across this link:

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Guys, you have GOT to see this movie. It's mindblowing. If any of you enjoyed Loose Change, well it's in the same vein but without some of the more dubious elements/claims.

I might even make a separate thread for it, if 'they' don't get me first...

burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 11, 2007
i slept, ate and craped thts all
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 11, 2007
westside wrote:i slept, ate and craped thts all

Was it good crap or bad crap?
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Aug 18, 2007
Just came back from fishing! We're happy to find new fishing site somewhere in Sharjah. But we forgot to bring thicker nylon thread for bigger fish. It was fun and we have grilled the fishes alive. :P
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 18, 2007
SCY wrote:Just came back from fishing! We're happy to find new fishing site somewhere in Sharjah. But we forgot to bring thicker nylon thread for bigger fish. It was fun and we have grilled the fishes alive. :P

Hi SCY.

Glad the fishing was a success. I know you guys love your fish - and fishing - bigtime.

I can take it or leave it. But having said that, I'm a big fan of tuna jaw (panga?) and tilapia...
burton
Dubai forums Addict

Aug 19, 2007
It's raining here...... AGAIN!

Count down has started though..... in Dubai in a couple of weeks!
YIIIIIIPPPPPPEEEEEE!

Right now I can't imagine missing the rain..... but maybe I will!

So what to do on a rainy Sunday, in England..... ummmmm?????
English Girlie
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 19, 2007
burton wrote:
SCY wrote:Just came back from fishing! We're happy to find new fishing site somewhere in Sharjah. But we forgot to bring thicker nylon thread for bigger fish. It was fun and we have grilled the fishes alive. :P

Hi SCY.

Glad the fishing was a success. I know you guys love your fish - and fishing - bigtime.

I can take it or leave it. But having said that, I'm a big fan of tuna jaw (panga?) and tilapia...

It was fun. It was our first time to catch barracuda fish and more cherry fish as usual. Fishing is hard nowadays due to summer. We have to throw the bait so deep in the water. I am not an expert yet, but i am a big help eating the grilled fishes. :D

Tuna is so abundant in my city. If you've noticed, mostly Filipinos in Luzon areas love to eat Tilapia, and Filipinos coming from mindanao and visayas aren't fond of eating tilapia. The reason?! it's silly!

I learn to eat tilapia only here in Dubai!
SCY
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat