Ramadan Kareem!

Topic locked
Ramadan Kareem! Oct 02, 2005
Don't know if this was posted before, but Ramadan kareem everyone!

Let's discuss everything about this month here :)

Something I would like to know is which tents will be good this year? Last year I remember Shangri-La & Jumeirah Beach Hotel had great ones, don't know if they are having the same style this year, but I heard that Jumeirah Beach Hotel's tent will be smaller.

Nevertheless we'll see in a few days!
All the best

liverpool4ever
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 02, 2005
sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about ramadan...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in dubai.
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 02, 2005
cadmus wrote:sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about ramadan...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in dubai.

The basic purpose of this month is to provide you a kind of practice, which suppose to be last for rest of 11 months. What is the practice, its is avoiding all bad stuff , cheating , adultery , lying , misbehaving , violation of human rights ……………….well the purpose is to make you a perfect person.

BUT at the end of this holy month, Muslims start doing all bad stuff, which they had refrained in Ramadan. That’s why we call “ Muslim for one month”.
Usually in this month, we try our best to be good human beings in order to win the score before God:0) . As well as socialization is concerned ,we usually visit each other and invite other families for dinner and stuff.
Liban ,i am sure you gonna fast ,are you inviting me for "iftari " (opening of fast).
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 02, 2005
mina aasalam :D
BobbieMasoner
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 02, 2005
HAPPY RAMADAN/ RAMADAN MUBARAK TO ALL THE MUSLIM FORUM MEMBERS!!!!!
kelly1966
Dubai Forums Talker

Oct 02, 2005
cadmus wrote:sorry for my ignorance...but i dont know nething about ramadan...can neone tell me whts the significance of this and how they celebrate it here in dubai.

hey cadmus;

Ramadan falls in the ninth month of the Muslim calendar. It is considered the holy month mainly because The Quran é karim was sent from the heaven to the earth as assistance to men.
Muslims fast for 1 month and during their fast they should not eat or drink during the daylight hours (starts from fajr Athan (sehri – the meal before the fast) to … ) and are obligatory to break their fast with Maghribs Athan known as Iftari

Like Hp mentioned, during this month Muslims refrain themselves from their routine life and focus on their faith - worship and contemplation.

Also during the fast, in Ramadan or any time of the year, smoking and s#x is forbidden.

In Dubai, Ramadan is awesome. Mostly, the working hours are shortened. Classes in School and university’s are smaller. There are Iftar parties everywhere, iftar tents, food in Musjid is distributed & I’ve heard even at the sheikhs palace (Umm don’t know which one to be exact, but mostly all)
So basically it’s a month where people want to ‘give’ and do good ‘deeds’

And correct me if I m wrong (somebody) but many stores, and bazaars are open as late as 3 A. M so that people can shop around as it can be difficult during the fast!

I Hope I answered you;
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 02, 2005
oh btw.. Ramadan kareeem to all of you :D
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 03, 2005
I have to second Bobbie .. Mena Salam was the best one last year .. Arika Lounge at Dubai Marine was a close second ..

lets see this year :D

Ramadan Kareem everyone
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2005
thx easternjewl!
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 04, 2005
hp is big anooying piece of crap. PPl are seriously asking question and u r just blabing anythying that comes from ur butt.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 04, 2005
To all Muslims..

Ramadan Karim :wink:
symmetric
BANNED

Oct 04, 2005
Quick information about some traditions in Ramadan:

The saying of Ramadan Karim was first found by the Turks who later on passed it to other Muslims, mainly Arabs who use it a lot nowdays.

Before the Iftar (the breaking of the fast) .. the Turks in the past used to bring a (old type of tanks, like a cannon) and then they fire gunpowder as a sign for the people to start their Iftar. This tradition has also been passed to the Arabs and they still practice this tradition. Here in Dubai they do it and people seems to enjoy it!

P.S: If you are interested then go to Musallah El Eid in Bur Dubai before the Iftar (before Maghreb prayers) to have a look ^^
symmetric
BANNED

Oct 05, 2005
Ramadan Moubarak everyone...

May you enjoy peace, love and prosperity...

Salam.

And yes HP, as a good Muslim, I would invite you to iftar no matter how annoying you are.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 05, 2005
Ramadan Kareem everyone.

Some of the Iftars are fantastic and don't forget they're open to everyone, it's a great opportunity to get together with friends during this time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Ramadan Kareem Oct 05, 2005
Ramadan Kareem

8)
saleempc30
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 05, 2005
hey its been around four months since came to dubai.....and i dont have ne muslim friends as yet...but still i wanted to go to one of such places and see the customs...is it fine if i visit some place for iftars...i mean i hope it wont look out of the place for me...
cadmus
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 05, 2005
Hello Cadmus...

Yes you surely can!
Actually Iftar is just like any other meal (lunch, dinner) but in Ramadan we change the system from lunch and dinner to Iftar(at evening), and Suhur(at the end of the night, before the sun rises..although many people prefer to have it 1 or 2 hours after midnight).

In hotels, and restaurants, they serve Iftar daily in Ramadan .. so you're most welcomed to join it, or you can knock the door of my house and I will invite you to share with me my Iftar ^^
symmetric
BANNED

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat