How Did U Come To Know Abt DF?

Topic locked
How did u come to know abt DF? Mar 04, 2007
Just a random thread that'll help Andyba n others to identify the money spinners' backbone...

I first came to dubai, some 6 months back.. n I was searching for some info about DMC companies.. n google search lead me to this http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.ph ... n&start=15
page.. it was a good 5 or 6 pages read... n DF stuck on me..

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 04, 2007
If I remember correctly I was surfing google about Dubai and ran into this site. I was originally looking to make contact with anyone in the advertising field. I didn't have a lot of luck on that front but as the poster alluded to, the site kinda stuck with me.
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 04, 2007
I cant remember

:?
KeithL
Dubai Forums Veteran

Mar 05, 2007
:?
Tropic23
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Mar 05, 2007
giggsy wrote:If I remember correctly I was surfing google about Dubai and ran into this site. I was originally looking to make contact with anyone in the advertising field. I didn't have a lot of luck on that front but as the poster alluded to, the site kinda stuck with me.

Giggsy, we have many people here, who are working in the adv. field.. hope u did find what/who u were lookin for.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 05, 2007
I came across this site when I was investigating to see if Jobs in Dubai . com were frauds. Found out they were and grateful for the advice received through this place.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Mar 05, 2007
was looking for job opportunities when i landed in dubai in 2005 and DF popped up :) dint get a job outa it but definately met a few nice people
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 05, 2007
was told about it by a friend who never used the forum :lol: :lol:
He found it when he was googling for something.
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Mar 05, 2007
i was searching for "Girls in dubai" on Google.AE. Then i saw the name of "Fayz habibi" and link to forum.

Dubai forum member = Fayz
Post = 101 ways of getting girls in Dubai
Date = 10.2. 2005
status = junior member
HP
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 05, 2007
I wanted to meet some people who were already based in Dubai. I Googled Dubai and DubaiForums.com and DubaiForum.co.uk came up.

Naturally, I opted to stay with the most popular of the two forums :wink:

Ross :D
rossbaku
Dubai Forums Talker

Mar 06, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
giggsy wrote:If I remember correctly I was surfing google about Dubai and ran into this site. I was originally looking to make contact with anyone in the advertising field. I didn't have a lot of luck on that front but as the poster alluded to, the site kinda stuck with me.

Giggsy, we have many people here, who are working in the adv. field.. hope u did find what/who u were lookin for.

Thanks St.Lucifer. I didn't actually get much out of that. Maybe I'll post the question again sometime soon to see if there's better response.
Cheers!
giggsy
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Mar 06, 2007
Prior to moving to Dubai, I did a search for forums in Dubai. Read in all of the forums for a couple of month's before joining. The people on here at the time were really funny, and really enjoyed every day!!! Thanks Dubai Forums!!!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Mar 08, 2007
i randomly typed the url to see if anything came up back in 2003 and the rest is history... (i feel old typing this)

Cheers,

D
smartd
Dubai Forums Vice-Admin

Mar 08, 2007
I was in the middle of the Qatari desert... Business trip, my customer had a frickin cement factory. Nothing to do for 2 weeks, bored out of my mind but had internet... Found DF by googling for information on Dubai... Had been here for a lil over 2 months.
Nick81

Mar 08, 2007
Nick81 wrote:I was in the middle of the Qatari desert... Business trip, my customer had a frickin cement factory. Nothing to do for 2 weeks, bored out of my mind but had internet... Found DF by googling for information on Dubai... Had been here for a lil over 2 months.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

[/b]
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 08, 2007
St.Lucifer wrote:
Nick81 wrote:I was in the middle of the Qatari desert... Business trip, my customer had a frickin cement factory. Nothing to do for 2 weeks, bored out of my mind but had internet... Found DF by googling for information on Dubai... Had been here for a lil over 2 months.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

[/b]

?

What's so weird about this? I had just come to Dubai. 2 month later I got this business trip to Qatar. Only found out about DF during that trip.
Nick81

Mar 09, 2007
Oh! I uunderstood it as U've been here in DF for just a lil more than 2 months :lol: :) that was the shock.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Mar 11, 2007
Got an offer for a position in dubai... Googled to check on the packages, bumped into da forum.

Got alot of help and knowledge about where to stay for how much, what to expect to spend... alot of helpful people back then where here.. "no offence to anyone"

attended first DF gathering which was the most geniune i believe.

Still it is a good source for help and info for new comers.
yshimy

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat