Plz Help...very Confused Abt Degree Verification...

Topic locked
plz help...very confused abt degree verification... Nov 06, 2008
Hello everyone

My husband and i have been living in dxb since 2 yrs, he is working with a firm here who is now relocating us to riyadh(where we obviously dont want to go).
My husband got an offer from a semi govt org,and had his 1st interview in april and eversince had like 3-4 interviews in the same firm discussing the package n assuring him that he is "IN" but they didnt give anything in writing.
Now in Oct, the CEO signed the papers n sent his degree for verificaion,its been nealry a month and there is no news from there,nothing at all... my husband n i r getting impatient now..they didnt ask for his pictures nothing just his degree to verify..does any kind soul has an answer to this?
Can someone tell me is this the way to be done here? Or shall we take in the CEO's word that my husband is hired n leave his current job as they r relocating us in a month...
plzz i am waiting impatiently..thanks alot

naila
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2008
from your post, i imagine that your husband has been working here for 2
years.., but more than 2 years ago they stated that the degree should be
attested and verified and this can be done from emirates post..

now i would say., call the CEO and tell him about the situation..,
ask his statement..and confirm your job..then do the next step..

Have a good day..
take care.
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2008
The Emirates post service can't be used anymore, they don't do it.

However, yes they can't keep his degree cert. Push them for an answer and get something in writing, it's taken too long already.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 06, 2008
well..thank u soo much...
but what if the CEO turns around n says ur wish to walk away if u like...eeeeps...i mean we r a lil hesitant,bc as far as he is concerned he has already given his workd to my hubby that he shudnt b worried n stuff.
On asking abt the time of verification,they reply they dont know as the govt here is slow... now what?
does an employer take that long for verification usually?
naila
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Nov 06, 2008
that's not the way the CEO has to talk...

your husband is going to work for his company...so., he has to switch from
his previous company with a NOC letter ... and are they going to sponsor
for his new employment? ...they need your attested qualification for them to
apply for the work employment/residence visa..once it's done get it back..
that's your possession...
sharfraz
Dubai chat master

Nov 06, 2008
yeah the new company will give us a res visa... but as for now we nothing nothing in writing from the new company... this is sooo difficult... im really stressed out, nothing is coming our way...i mean r the jobs not there bc of the dxb market recession? or maybe its just our luck right now :(
naila
Dubai Expat Wannabe

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat