Attempted Martyr Sentenced To Death.

Topic locked
Attempted martyr sentenced to death. Jan 28, 2007
Al Jazeera wrote:Jordan's highest court has rejected an appeal by an Iraqi woman sentenced to death for her role in an al-Qaeda-led triple hotel bombing that killed 60 people, according to court documents obtained on Saturday.

Sajida al-Rishawi, 35, was intended to be one of the suicide bombers in the attack on November 9, 2005.

She entered a hotel ballroom with her husband, both were wearing explosives belts.

Her husband set off his belt, ripping through a wedding party in the room.

Initially, al-Rishawi said in a televised confession that her own belt failed to detonate and she fled, but she later told her trial that she was an unwilling participant in the attacks and never tried to set off her bomb.
Al-Rishawi was one of seven defendants in the case.

This is so inhumane, i don't know what to say. RIP lioness of the Arabs.

valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 28, 2007
I'm not a supporter of the death sentence, but if a country has it it's hard to see exactly how they would fail to hand it out for someone helping to kill 60 people at a wedding.

I guess more Westerner-baiting here (which I'm obviously biting to...), but what makes a lioness of someone killing people for no reason?
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 28, 2007
Hasten to add a lioness who cannot even hold onto her convictions and beliefs.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2007
What is so inhumane about it Valkyrie?

I think the only think "inhumane" about it is that she did not have the guts and conviction to carry out what she intended to do.

Her plight was rather pathetic if you ask me, she got what she deserved.

Valkyrie,

If you so idolise these suicide bombers and the like, why don't you go out and do it, or is it against your gay/efeminate nature?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2007
yorky500 wrote:If you so idolise these suicide bombers and the like, why don't you go out and do it, or is it against your gay/efeminate nature?

Because he treasures his home, life and education that Mr Bush's America is providing him with.

AQ are experts at enlisting individuals who are disillusioned and see there acts of martyrdom as more of a individual redemption rather then for the good of Islam or the demise of the west or even the true jihad (the struggle within). Valky would be a prime candidate - just as the London bombers were. The London bombers killed and maimed their own neighbors; some of them good Muslims. All to get themselves a good seat in Heaven and leaving behind a better picture of their fragmented personality.

I recall last year the cleric 'Omar Bakri Mohammed' - this gentle soul was caught promoting a terrorist attack against Dublin Airport (you did read that right) and talking of killing the pig Jews that lived there!??!? So did he mean the Catholic Jews or the Protestant Jews? Being Dublin I would have imagined it to be the republican, catholic Jews who fought a war against the imperial UK invaders for hundreds of years.

So if we take this back to our friend Valky - when you are churned up with hate and resentment any killing in the name opposition to the 'west' is scene as a victory - even if the targets are innocent. But the only blood spilt is innocent blood. If they were to target military blood or even the blood of Bush himself - then all is fair in love and war.

Its equal to kicking the Cat because you stubbed your own toe on the step.

Valarie - your either one of two things. 1, A troll. 2, A sad individual who lusts the killing of innocent people and hides behind the internet.

The balls in your caught......
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Jan 29, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Valarie ...

The balls in your caught......

He does not have any!
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Jan 29, 2007
You're both idiots if you can't tell this thread is response to the Saddam thread.

Obdurate stupidity continues to this day.

Yorky, everyone here knows you wouldn't get within 10,000 miles of a combat zone in your entire miserable life, so your opinion, Mr. Warmonger Chickenhawk, is fairly useless.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
Let me get this straight valkyrie.

You support suicide bombers, but
You are against the death penalty

Yep, makes sense to me... NOT
benwj
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Jan 30, 2007
I think self-inflicted martyrdom is wacko...no matter who does it for what "reasons".

But I can (at least dimly) grasp a kind of rationale for the Iraqi suicide bomber...he is killing the people who invaded his country. In "theory", if 150,000 Iraqis blew themselves up and each took one American or British soldier with him...that's it! The occupation forces are all dead.

Not a strategy that I would choose...but there you are.
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
So what did the people at the wedding do to support the invasion?

And how come for every 1 soldier killed there's at least another 30 Iraqis killed in attacks without a Brit or American in sight?

Hey, even I could understand a little if all they did was target invading forces, however, the targets are ALMOST ALWAYS sectarian or indiscriminate and yet people like you glorify it as some sort of righteous act against the West. That's quite simply baffling.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 30, 2007
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Jan 30, 2007
valkyrie wrote:http://www.dubaiforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=15867&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

I saw the lion comments and was part of the topic first time around, you still haven't even got close to justifying suicide bombing though.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Jan 31, 2007
hahaha, you guys fell for it so easily, what a surprise! :D :roll:
freza
Dubai chat master

Feb 03, 2007
What's to fall for? There's a hardcore who spout the same pish on here all the time and quite rightly get pulled up on it.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums