Weekend Destinations

Topic locked
Weekend Destinations Dec 12, 2006
Which are the good weekend destinations from dubai? 1-2 hour flight?

MrLonely
Dubai Forums Member

Dec 12, 2006
Salala
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
^ oooo very pretty. its so green :oops:
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
can you guys give directions where its located some info
thanks
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Dec 13, 2006
aarif wrote:can you guys give directions where its located some info
thanks

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salalah
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 13, 2006
has anyone driven there from dubai? would you recommed? how long of a drive is it? I have some friends in from out of town and looking for a 3-4 day gateway.

tia
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Dec 13, 2006
fayz wrote:has anyone driven there from dubai? would you recommed? how long of a drive is it? I have some friends in from out of town and looking for a 3-4 day gateway.
tia

Yes u can, reached the borders once but didn't enter Oman cause I forgot my passport !!! silly me !!
But a friend told me lately that there are buses that go there which is better and safer than driving urself !!!
ask about them ! i think it is better to enjoy the views on ur way rather than driving. :wink:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Dec 13, 2006
Its around 12 hour drive fayz. I disagree with Palkid though i think if you driver yourself (especially if you own an SUV) is much more fun you can go on your own pace and plan your own route. It should be a fun road trip .. i plan on driving down there at some point too.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2006
MaaaD wrote:Its around 12 hour drive fayz. I disagree with Palkid though i think if you driver yourself (especially if you own an SUV) is much more fun you can go on your own pace and plan your own route. It should be a fun road trip .. i plan on driving down there at some point too.

12 hours! how slow were yall driving? it only took my ex and i about 5 1/2 - 6 hours.

but it is a beautiful place to see.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 14, 2006
I much prefer driving, I love road trips so this I don't mind, looking at a map though it looks to be about 1200-1300 kms away, so 5-6 hours damn bushra you guys were cooking.

Here is a question for you though, do you remember if the road signs were in English? I think I may have to make this trip next week if I don't end up flying somewhere.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 14, 2006
we were cookin? huh?

but from what i remember they were in arabic and english. so you shouldnt have a problem.

the people there are really nice -- hehehe, im sure plenty of guys wouldn't mind giving you directions if you got lost fayz :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Dec 17, 2006
bushra21 wrote: im sure plenty of guys wouldn't mind giving you directions if you got lost fayz :D

Hahahaha I was told to be aware of all the witches in the country side, they're the ones you have to watch for.

Okay I'll ask my bosses if i can take off and am shooting to leave on Wednesday for a bit of an extended weekend. Does anyone know what camping laws are like in Oman? is this something people do? can anyone recommend moderate priced accommodation?

sorry MrLonely for totally jacking your thread but to make up for it I'll try to post a detailed description of our trip to make up for it.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight

Dec 17, 2006
beware of the witch doctors

and no i am not talking about the song
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Travel AroundForum Rules

Return to Travel Around