Eating Haram = Hell?

Topic locked
Eating Haram = Hell? Nov 25, 2006
Some incident happened back home involving a congresswoman who assaulted a caterer for falsely telling her that the food she had did not contain pork. The former said with what happened, she will no longer go to heaven.
http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=12054

For muslims, does eating pork really result to eternal damnation?
How should a muslim react to such cases such as above? Is physical assault to the offender justified?

pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Re: Eating Haram = Hell? Nov 25, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:Some incident happened back home involving a congresswoman who assaulted a caterer for falsely telling her that the food she had did not contain pork. The former said with what happened, she will no longer go to heaven.
http://www.muslimnews.co.uk/news/news.php?article=12054

For muslims, does eating pork really result to eternal damnation?
How should a muslim react to such cases such as above? Is physical assault to the offender justified?

I want to first start off by saying that the congresswoman's reactions are not how she should, religiously, react.

With that said, it is common knowledge that pork is a forbidden meat for muslims to consume. As far as I know, consuming pork is not merit for,as you put it, eternal damnation. It is a sin to intentionally consume it, but it is for Allah to decide what to do from that point on. HE has told us not to consume pork and we are expected to adhere to those commands.

However, since the woman unintentionally consumed the meat, she will not be punished for that sin. Allah does not punish anyone who unknowingly commits a sin. Rather than acting out the way she did, what she is recommended to do according to Islam is pray and ask for forgiveness. Her actions were in no way justifiable by the religion she follows, and are in fact, resented. Islam does not promote unnecessary violence in any way and urges to solve as many issues as possible without the need of any violence or anger.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 25, 2006
what Bushra said is right , i'll to add something , that if you even eat pork and you know that it's haram it doesn't mean that you'll no longer go to heaven , you've just to ask for forgiveness .

Alcohol is haram too , but if you drink does it mean that you'll go to hell?? no , there's an alcohol in Heaven i think that you know that , but if you drink alcohol in your life you will never drink it in heaven even if you ask for forgiveness , and the thing that it's sure if you die drunk there's no forgiveness
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
^^^drunk while writing his post above. :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
asc_26 wrote:^^^drunk while writing his post above. :shock:

Hope that i'll not go to hell if i'm doing that
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
redmatrice wrote:what Bushra said is right , i'll to add something , that if you even eat pork and you know that it's haram it doesn't mean that you'll no longer go to heaven , you've just to ask for forgiveness .

Alcohol is haram too , but if you drink does it mean that you'll go to hell?? no , there's an alcohol in Heaven i think that you know that , but if you drink alcohol in your life you will never drink it in heaven even if you ask for forgiveness , and the thing that it's sure if you die drunk there's no forgiveness

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOLD! Never read an explanation like this one about why drinking is against Islam! Could someone else please confirm what he just wrote...
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Nov 25, 2006
Hell is only perceived in our minds. Have you been to hell?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Hell is only perceived in our minds. Have you been to hell?

Yes there's alot of it in here lol :) in morocco
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
Nick81 wrote:
redmatrice wrote:what Bushra said is right , i'll to add something , that if you even eat pork and you know that it's haram it doesn't mean that you'll no longer go to heaven , you've just to ask for forgiveness .

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GOLD! Never read an explanation like this one about why drinking is against Islam! Could someone else please confirm what he just wrote...

I meant in the last , if you die drunk you'll go to hell it's sure , i'm talking about islam
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
Alcohol is haram too , but if you drink does it mean that you'll go to hell and no , there's no alcohol in Heaven this is true!
So why do you want all want go go to heaven their is no SEX Drugs.or Alcohol and the place is full of people who have gone to pieces and Virgins :lol: :lol: :lol:
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2006
Red, i think you're drunk. :D What do you have there? scotch on the rock?

I didn't know that morocco is hell on earth. :roll:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
satan-the-redeema wrote:Alcohol is haram too , but if you drink does it mean that you'll go to hell and no , there's no alcohol in Heaven this is true!
So why do you want all want go go to heaven their is no fun Drugs.or Alcohol and the place is full of people who have gone to pieces and Virgins :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you been to heaven? :roll:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
asc_26 wrote:Red, i think you're drunk. :D What do you have there? scotch on the rock?

I didn't know that morocco is hell on earth. :roll:

If you want to see what we have here , you're welcome , just buy your ticket and come you'll not need anything lol :)
redmatrice
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 25, 2006
Heaven and Hell are all state of mind. We experience both heaven & hell in our lives.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 25, 2006
Have you been to heaven?

No interest, Hell is were you get more SEX , no martyrs or virgins there :lol:
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 25, 2006
satan-the-redeema wrote:Have you been to heaven?

No interest, Hell is were you get more fun , no martyrs or virgins there :lol:

:shock: :shock: :shock:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
pinoy I believe the restaurant that served the food should be held responsible. They should respect the religion and be careful on serving the right food. It happened to someone with power(govt official) thats why its sensationalize, what if it happens to commoners, no news of course! It is a good thing the lady did what she did, a lesson for all. :idea:
zam

Nov 26, 2006
"assaulted" ............a caterer for falsely telling her that the food she had did not contain pork.

"assaulted" is this any way to solve ones differances ? I vote for Christian way of peace and love
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 26, 2006
she wasnt assaulted, knowing the media, its an exxageration!
zam

Nov 26, 2006
Much ado about nothing
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2006
knowing the media, its an exxageration! yer

Palestinian militants have fired rockets into Israel, hours after an unexpected ceasefire was called between the two sides.

More media, its an exxageration! ?
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 26, 2006
Two extremely different topics. Period.
zam

Nov 26, 2006
N0.. Neither can be trusted ! :)
nostradamus
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 26, 2006
I dunno.. if it was really an honest mistake then it shouldn't have ended in slapping ang shoving. As what bushra and the others said, if one happens to consume something haram unintentionally, the person won't automatically go to hell (won't be denied access to heaven)- a prayer asking for forgiveness would suffice.
It seems that the congresswoman didn't know that. And it seems it is not only her who is capable of doing that. According to a local news, a fellow lawmaker (who happens to be a muslim also) said that he'd do the same, even worse, if that happened to him.
I think it is this kind of violent attitude that steteotype muslims in a bad way. See how the catering firm reacted? Instead of firing the caterer who commited the mistake, they pulled out from the contract and said they did it to protect their employees from further harm.
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 26, 2006
oh my, pinoy I hope you wont end up making apologies all over DF :P
zam

Nov 26, 2006
Pinoy wrote based on his personal opinions. Nothing to worry, let's not be sensitive. You'll know the open mindedness of an individual by way he/she reacts on something said and done. :D
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 26, 2006
:evil: asc, I was cracking a joke! grrrr hehehe ,

cheers!

:wink:
zam

Nov 26, 2006
zam wrote::evil: asc, I was cracking a joke! grrrr hehehe ,

cheers!

:wink: