Moving To Dubai

Topic locked
Moving to Dubai Jun 17, 2005
My company is moving me to Dubai, i was wondering if anyone can tell me little about Dubai. I am planing to stay there for several years. if anyone could let me know how is the life style, rent, people, etc i would appreciate it.

thank you[/list]

ad513
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Jun 20, 2005
Hey,

It takes a while to get used to Dubai.

The rents are pretty high and getting higher, the cost of living is going up, but it's still much cheaper than other places to live.

There's lots of places to go out and have fun and it's not that conservative.

Most people are nice, but can be superficial and there can be a racism problem towards some nationalities.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Jun 21, 2005
Difficult to imagine a middle eastern muslim country being racist but I am sure you are right.
What o you mean by racism? is it really visible? would poeple get treated badly becuuse of the colour of their skin or has it more to do with their nationality?
Ali-1974
Dubai Forums Member

Jul 18, 2005
I believe non of that is true. I am also moving to Dubai in a year or so. From What I heard it is a great city that everyone fall in love with. You would love it and trust me I have more than 3 friends who moved from U.S to Dubai they never regret it at all. People are very friendly and open minded dont listen to this crap of racisim or anything else. By the way, U.A.E in general has a great relationship with U.S and I personally met alot of students from U.A.E who were studying in U.S (so basically you will meet alot of people who got there education in U.S)..just ignore anything been said and just research where to spend your fun time in Dubai. Good Luck
nezar33
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted