Ask A Question!

Topic locked
Oct 31, 2006
It looks like you have to wire it up to the injectors and the air-flow monitor.

My advice would be to give it up as these things never work.

^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2006
Fayz, lucky for you, I can read it:

It says:

1. Power booster: $45
2. Installation cost: $23
3. Fuel Savings: $34
4. Seeing frantic customers searching for translation: Priceless.

It also says: if you have any questions call 010-68714283. In Fine print it states: "before calling we advice you learn chinese"

The horse reference has nothing to do with horsepower: If I read it correctly it states: "If you bought this product and can't install it because of your inability to read this language then you'll be a horse's arse - see picture if you are unfamiliar with the term".

Always here to help :wink:
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
Dr. D, I've got a good one !!!
I used to be addicted to Coffee really bad, and now all that traffic, stress is making me go back to the old habbit !! any suggestion to prevent me falling into the addiction loop again !!! :cry:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Concord wrote:Fayz, lucky for you, I
Always here to help :wink:

:lol: :lol: now that was funny :)
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Dr. D, I've got a good one !!!
I used to be addicted to Coffee really bad, and now all that traffic, stress is making me go back to the old habbit !! any suggestion to prevent me falling into the addiction loop again !!! :cry:

When you say addicted, how many cups of coffee a day?
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Dr.D a simple one for you Is it a dry day( no booze) in Dubai on 31st dec??
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
Jeevan wrote:Dr.D a simple one for you Is it a dry day( no booze) in Dubai on 31st dec??

No. :D
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
^ian^ wrote:
Jeevan wrote:Dr.D a simple one for you Is it a dry day( no booze) in Dubai on 31st dec??

U absolutely sure? i am not doubting you but heard it from a lot of people around me thats the reason why :) not that its gonna affect me , i am back in india then, but for benefit of fellow guzzlers :)
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
Jeevan wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

U absolutely sure? i am not doubting you but heard it from a lot of people around me thats the reason why :) not that its gonna affect me , i am back in india then, but for benefit of fellow guzzlers :)

I'm 90% sure. I'll be in Austria then anyway myself.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Dr. D, I have a problem.. :?
I saw this 97-dirham shirt in a dept. store and I wanted to buy it, but I had no cash at that time. So I borrowed 50 each from my 2 friends who was with me- now I have 100. I bought the shirt and my change was 3. I gave my friends 1 dirham each so now I owe them just 49 each, while I still have the remaining 1 dirham.
Now comes the problem.. I owe my friends 98 dirhams (49+49), while I still have the remaining 1 dirham, that makes it 99 dirhams in all (I owe them 100). Where did the 1 dirham go? :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:Dr. D, I have a problem.. :?
I saw this 97-dirham shirt in a dept. store and I wanted to buy it, but I had no cash at that time. So I borrowed 50 each from my 2 friends who was with me- now I have 100. I bought the shirt and my change was 3. I gave my friends 1 dirham each so now I owe them just 49 each, while I still have the remaining 1 dirham.
Now comes the problem.. I owe my friends 98 dirhams (49+49), while I still have the remaining 1 dirham, that makes it 99 dirhams in all (I owe them 100). Where did the 1 dirham go? :?

This question was answered before. Sorry.

There is no extra/missing dirham, you have a shirt buddy!
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
oh well.. :mrgreen:
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
^ian^ wrote:

an average of a mug every 1-2 hours !!!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:

an average of a mug every 1-2 hours !!!

So assuming you get 6 hours sleep (if you drink that much coffee), you have between 7 to 9 cups of coffee a day.

That's a lot, but not too excessive.

I would suggest you chew gum or smoke.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
So assuming you get 6 hours sleep (if you drink that much coffee), you have between 7 to 9 cups of coffee a day.

I would suggest you chew gum or smoke.

Smoking !!! Dr. D !! it is worse than coffee ma8 !!! Gum, not a big fan of it !!
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:[quote="^ian]

I would suggest you chew gum or smoke.[/quote]

Smoking !!! Dr. D !! it is worse than coffee ma8 !!! Gum, not a big fan of it !![/quote]

Oh right, well, chew gum then :-)
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Ok DR D. is it true that 1=2 ???
here is how ?!?!

X=Y

Multiply both sides by X:

X2 = XY

Subtract Y2 on both sides:

X2 - Y2 = XY - Y2

By factoring:

(X+Y) (X-Y) = Y(X-Y)

Multiplying both sides by 1 / (X-Y):

X+Y = Y

Let: X=1 and Y=1

1+ 1 = 1

Therefore:

2 = 1 ------ Not equal!!!!! yet it is true ?!!? how come !!??! :twisted: :twisted:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Ok DR D. is it true that 1=2 ???
here is how ?!?!
2 = 1 ------ Not equal!!!!! yet it is true ?!!? how come !!??! :twisted: :twisted:

It's just bad math.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Come on Dr. D is that the best u can say !?!!? bad math ?!!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
u r the science man !!! explain why it is bad ?!!?
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Come on Dr. D is that the best u can say !?!!? bad math ?!!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
u r the science man !!! explain why it is bad ?!!?

I would but I'm not in the office today. I'm at home with a cold.

Math questions are kind of boring and uninteresting, I prefer physics questions and the like.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Ok I have a physics question,
What's the loss factor of human flesh ?!?! i spent like a year looking for an answer and now working on a research to find it !!! if u have an answer u'll make my day !! :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Ok I have a physics question,
What's the loss factor of human flesh ?!?! i spent like a year looking for an answer and now working on a research to find it !!! if u have an answer u'll make my day !! :lol:

LOL!
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:Ok DR D. is it true that 1=2 ???
here is how ?!?!

X=Y

Multiply both sides by X:

X2 = XY

Subtract Y2 on both sides:

X2 - Y2 = XY - Y2

By factoring:

(X+Y) (X-Y) = Y(X-Y)

Multiplying both sides by 1 / (X-Y):

X+Y = Y

Let: X=1 and Y=1

1+ 1 = 1

Therefore:

since X = Y, X - Y = 0. So you cannot multiply by 1 / (X-Y)

Do you get what i mean?
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 01, 2006
and we have a winner !!
I know that Dude !! I am an engineer !! so math is my salt in life !!! 8)
Dr. D !! Shame on u not knowing this !!! :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:and we have a winner !!
I know that Dude !! I am an engineer !! so math is my salt in life !!! 8)
Dr. D !! Shame on u not knowing this !!! :lol: :lol:

You win a mickey mouse badge.

I'm sorry to hear you're an engineer, hopefully one day they will find a cure.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
i have a physix question... its something i have thought about a lot... one of my cousins asked me this one and i cudnt think of an answer...

consider a fly and a train coming from opposite directions..... they collide with each other.... after the collision the fly sticks onto the train and moves in the same direction as that of the train.... but at the point of contact, the direction of the fly's motion is reversed.... so that means its velocity has to be reduced to zero and then it shud increase in the opposite direction.... so my question is if at the time of contact the velocity of the fly is zero, shouldn't the velocity of the train also be zero? after all they r in contact with each other....
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 01, 2006
that's simple, the energy of movement transformed to the energy of collision !! therefore no need for the train velocity to be reduced to zero unless the mases are equal !!! then u will notice it !!! :lol: :lol:
Palkid7
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Palkid7 wrote:that's simple, the energy of movement transformed to the energy of collision !! therefore no need for the train velocity to be reduced to zero unless the mases are equal !!! then u will notice it !!! :lol: :lol:

This is the correct answer.

The velocity of the train would be decreased every so slightly, but barely measurable to a significant place.
^ian^

Nov 01, 2006
that would be correct if i am talking abt the momentum conservation thing... but think abt it this way.... do u agree thgat the velocity of the fly has to become zero before its direction of motion can be reversed? if u dont think so then no need to answer... but in case u do, then think abt it again... at the point and time of contact, the velocity of the fly is zero.... suppose two bodies are in contact and the velocity of one of them is zero... then it follows that the velocity of the other should also be zero, if only for a very small onterval of time.... so if the velocity of the fly is zero then the train should also be at a standstill...
Nosferatu
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Nov 02, 2006
Nosferatu wrote:that would be correct if i am talking abt the momentum conservation thing... but think abt it this way.... do u agree thgat the velocity of the fly has to become zero before its direction of motion can be reversed? if u dont think so then no need to answer... but in case u do, then think abt it again... at the point and time of contact, the velocity of the fly is zero.... suppose two bodies are in contact and the velocity of one of them is zero... then it follows that the velocity of the other should also be zero, if only for a very small onterval of time.... so if the velocity of the fly is zero then the train should also be at a standstill...

On a time verses velocity graph it would indeed pass through the zero point at some stage, but only for an infitismally small amount of time... an instant.

A similar different scenario could be a wheel on a truck travelling down SZR. The truck is doing 90 k (in the far left lane) and each one of its 16 wheels is spinning at 90k an hour. What speed is the dead centre of the wheel spinning? (Assume the wheels are 21" in diameter).
^ian^

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat