Wat Is God?

Topic locked
wat is god? Oct 31, 2006
hey guys tell me wat is GOD in ur opinion????

westside
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 31, 2006
He's just this dude. :D
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Oct 31, 2006
the supreme supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe
also comes in different flavors
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2006
pinoy1 wrote:the supreme supernatural being conceived as the perfect and omnipotent and omniscient originator and ruler of the universe
also comes in different flavors

and what would those flavors be? :roll:
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 31, 2006
Depends upon the way you write it, me thinks:

GOD - is THE GOD
God - is for Romans

I know I will sound Greek, but its not really complicated. :shaking2:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 31, 2006
i found this article in the internet,
it just Waaaw. I like it veeery much, it is a nice and accurate difinition.

He is controlling the affairs of all the kingdoms. He commands and prohibits, creates and gives provision, and gives death and gives life. He raises and lowers people’s status, alternates night and day, gives days (good and not so good) to men by turns, and causes nations to rise and fall, so that one nation vanishes and another emerges. His command and decree are carried out throughout the heavens and on earth, above it and below it, in the oceans and in the air. He has knowledge of all things and knows the number of all things. He hears all voices, and does not mistake one for another; He hears them all, in all the different languages and with all their varied requests and pleas. No voice distracts Him from hearing another, He does not confuse their requests, and He never tires of hearing the pleas of those in need. He sees all that is visible, even the walk of a black ant across a solid rock in the darkest night.

The unseen is visible to Him, and secrets are known to Him Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him (its needs from Him). Every day He has a matter to bring forth (such as giving honour to some, disgrace to some, life to some, death to some, etc.)! [The Quran 55:29 interpretation of the meaning]. He forgives sins, eases worries, relieves distress, helps the defeated person back on his feet, makes the poor rich, guides the one who is astray and confused, fulfils the needs of the desperate, feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, conceals faults, and calms fears. He raises the status of some and lowers the status of others. Even if all the inhabitants of heaven and earth, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn alike, were to be as pious as the most pious among them, this would not increase His sovereignty in the slightest; if they all, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn alike, were to be as rebellious as the most rebellious among them, this would not decrease His sovereignty in the slightest. If everything in heaven and on earth, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn, living and dead, animate and inanimate, were to stand in one place and ask of Him, and He were to give them everything that they asked for, this would not decrease what He has by even an atom’s weight.

He is the First, before Whom there is nothing, and the Last, after Whom there is nothing. He is the Most deserving of being remembered, the Most deserving of being worshipped, the Most deserving of being thanked. He is the Most Compassionate of kings, the Most Generous of those who are asked. He is the King Who has no partner or associate, the One who has no rival, the Self-Sufficient Master, Who has no son, the Most High, and there is none like unto Him. Everything will perish save His face [Quran 28:88 interpretation of the meaning], and everything will vanish except His sovereignty. He will not be obeyed except by His permission, and He will not be disobeyed except with His knowledge. He is obeyed, so He shows His appreciation, and He is disobeyed, so he forgives. Every punishment on His part is justice, and every blessing from Him is a favour. He is the closest of witnesses and the nearest of protectors. He seizes people by their forelocks, records their deeds and decrees the appointed time for all things. Hearts conceal nothing from Him, for secrets are known to Him. His gift is a word and His punishment is a word: Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is. [Quran, 36:82 interpretation of the meaning].
lulittao
Dubai Forum User

Oct 31, 2006
God is LOVE
isabela
Dubai Expat Helper

Oct 31, 2006
If god exists I have some complaints
valkyrie
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2006
"God or Brahman in the highest sense is , One: formless, infinite, and eternal.
God is changeless and is the very source of consciousness.
God is beyond time, space, and causation and yet permeates everything and every being.
Being formless, God is beyond gender.
Its the universe, in which god and unverse are the same.
When God is thought of as this infinite principle, God is called Brahman. Brahman is the Absolute reality: it is pure existence and knowledge.
Brahman does not exist; it is existence itself. It is not all-knowing; it is knowledge itself. "
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Oct 31, 2006
God is God.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 31, 2006
valkyrie wrote:If god exists I have some issues

God with a capital letter G - does exists. god - also exists..lots of them in greek mythology. :lol: :lol: ask me which kind of god you want to know or you need in your life. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 31, 2006
God is a child playing with a giant ant farm.

God is the creation of man who would need something to believe in to give their life worth.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 31, 2006
God is the one who created everything and every1...its silly but I always had a question who created God then?Astaghfirullah...ofcourse noone..
bonitta
Dubai chat master

Oct 31, 2006
thats an awesome/clever question dude

God is the creator, the most merciful, the most generous
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 31, 2006
Which brings me back to my point that God is the creation of man.

Many civilisations worshipped many Gods, the Greeks, the Romans, Egyptians etc. Until someone changed all that because the belief of 'one' God became the most popular theory awith more people turning to it.

Eh, depends what you believe, I'm all for primordial soup, evolution and the big bang.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 31, 2006
God is dead on this earth
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Oct 31, 2006
^^thats not cool dude
Bleakus
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 31, 2006
I think Corcs is absolutely right.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Oct 31, 2006
God is open to interpretation
noni
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
God is the name given in the english language for the creator of this world, the creator of this universe, the creator of everything...of what we know, what we will find in the future, what may never come to know...

God is the one who deserves my praise, deserves my thanks, deserves my appreciation, deserves everything I give and that which I do not and much more...

God is neither a he nor a she, no heir, no mother, no father, God is one...

God is the only one who deserves my fear yet respect, my undieing patriotism, my unwavering alliegance, my soul and my mind, my honesty and my strength...

God is God, Allah, Dieu, Dios, Yahveh....
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
Choco, say what??? Do you stick to one definition of God (if so, what is it? you're confusing or confused) or does it change for you like every other day?

Bushra, wow! I really liked what you stated - very nice, surprising coming from you, but very nice. :wink:
freza
Dubai chat master

Nov 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Which brings me back to my point that God is the creation of man.

Many civilisations worshipped many Gods, the Greeks, the Romans, Egyptians etc. Until someone changed all that because the belief of 'one' God became the most popular theory awith more people turning to it.

Eh, depends what you believe, I'm all for primordial soup, evolution and the big bang.

I believe in evolution too.

My favourite theory of creation though is that we were all created 2 minutes ago with ready-made memories. Can't disprove that theory!

God is who we all pray too when we have no where else to turn.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Which brings me back to my point that God is the creation of man.

I believe in evolution too.

My favourite theory of creation though is that we were all created 2 minutes ago with ready-made memories. Can't disprove that theory!

God is who we all pray to when we have no where else to turn.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Nov 01, 2006
freza wrote:Choco, say what??? Do you stick to one definition of God (if so, what is it? you're confusing or confused) or does it change for you like every other day?

Bushra, wow! I really liked what you stated - very nice, surprising coming from you, but very nice. :wink:

thanks, but why is that? im not all jokes all the time :D
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
I'm just playing devils advocate Freza. As you will know my jury's still out on the existance of 'an almighty being'.

Either prove to me that there is, or prove to me that there isn't.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:I'm just playing devils advocate Freza. As you will know my jury's still out on the existance of 'an almighty being'.

Either prove to me that there is, or prove to me that there isn't.

Its easy to debate both sides. Example:

On one hand a religous, or simply someone who believes in God will tell you to look around you. If there was no creator how could all this be done, from the seemingly simple creations to the more complex?

On the other hand you may have an individual who has no belief in God, who would take the side of science and evolution...

Both debates, both examples make sense to the one who is giving them...maybe not to the other.
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
You think god is an atheist?
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 01, 2006
mraph33 wrote:You think god is an atheist?

who are you asking?
bushra21
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 01, 2006
choco u need to have faith in some thing n i dont belive in the ig bang n evolution itz all bull frm an islamic point of view i could explain those thing 2 u if u want
westside
Dubai forums Addict

Nov 01, 2006
mraph33 wrote:You think god is an atheist?

God is not an atheist. Some men are.. :? :?
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums