Entry Into Dubai

Topic locked
Entry into Dubai Oct 27, 2006
Hi,
Would it be possible at all for anyone to find out whether or not I am living in Dubai if they are provided with my passport number? I.e. is there a special bureau or organization which registers all the people that have gained entry into the UAE and are currently living here?
Thanks!

Jolin
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Oct 27, 2006
Interesting question.

You are most certainly registered with the Immigration Department upon entry. To find out if you are in the Country the information would have to be sought from the Immigration Department and I would think this would require some sort of official request like Court order.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Oct 29, 2006
Why??What have u done??? :twisted: :twisted:
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Entry into Dubai Oct 29, 2006
Jolin wrote:Hi,
Would it be possible at all for anyone to find out whether or not I am living in Dubai if they are provided with my passport number? I.e. is there a special bureau or organization which registers all the people that have gained entry into the UAE and are currently living here?
Thanks!

They'll definitly have it, also depending on which country you came from you may have had your eye scanned, sometimes passports change as does the spelling of names and the eye scan is meant to uniquely identify you.

for someone investigating party to get this information like S&O said would likely require consent of some sorts from the UAE government.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 29, 2006
Of course, your passport is scanned on entry to the country.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum