Multiple Entry Visit Visa? Or Alternatives?

Topic locked
Multiple entry visit visa? Or alternatives? Feb 07, 2007
My friend (Thai resident, holds Indonesian passport) is coming to Dubai this end of March up to beginning of May. I'll sponsor and apply her visit visa (with validity 30 days grace period 60 days, please confirm) from immigration ofice in Dubai. I guess it should be enough, no need for extension (I plan to apply it in mid of March).

My concern is that during her stay in Dubai, we all together plan to go for one week holiday out of the country (Turkey & Greece to be exact). Some says that she cannot enter UAE again as the visit visa is only for single entry. Please confirm.

There's no problem if I should re-apply again, but how can I apply at Dubai immigration office while we're out of the country with her?

Any suggestion?

xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 08, 2007
Yes. UAE visa is a single entry visa only. Once your friend exits, she cannot re-enter.

I suggest the better alternative is to first do your trip to turkey etc and then enter the UAE.

One other option is that she stays back for a few days where ever your last port of call is and you return and re apply for her visit visa.

One more is that you can ask some friend of your to apply for her visa..Prepare all the paper work in advance. But that might be a bit risky with i.e chances of rejection.

Thats my opinion...Anyone got a better idea??

cheers
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 08, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Yes. UAE visa is a single entry visa only. Once your friend exits, she cannot re-enter.
I suggest the better alternative is to first do your trip to turkey etc and then enter the UAE.

This might be a good solution. We'll see if we can change our plan and bookings.

devilsdiciple wrote:One other option is that she stays back for a few days where ever your last port of call is and you return and re apply for her visit visa.

Hmmm.. this maybe the last solution. There's a chance that it may get delayed or even rejected. Anyone has experience a situation like this (applying 2 times within a week)? Is it the same situation as visa run?

devilsdiciple wrote:One more is that you can ask some friend of your to apply for her visa..Prepare all the paper work in advance. But that might be a bit risky with i.e chances of rejection.

I asked my company PRO that I need to apply her visa by myself. That's why I'm planning to go back to Dubai (I'm traveling out of UAE at the moment) on mid of March. Otherwise, I could have ask him or someone to apply and re-apply for the visa. Just to make sure, has anyone ask someone else to apply on your behalf? Is it possible?
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

Feb 08, 2007
Hey Xty since it is a friend, you can request someone else to issue a visa for her.....That possible..I am guessing you will have to put up a deposit...
So then doesnt have to be you who applies..Just anyone who is eligible to apply for a visa...
devilsdiciple
Dubai Expat Helper

Feb 08, 2007
devilsdiciple wrote:Hey Xty since it is a friend, you can request someone else to issue a visa for her.....That possible..I am guessing you will have to put up a deposit...
So then doesnt have to be you who applies..Just anyone who is eligible to apply for a visa...

I see what you mean. A third party service "companies/sponsors" would be an option. My company helped me to get this kind of visa when my family came along with me to Dubai for first time. I'll find out the "service fee".
xty
Dubai Forums Veteran

posting in Dubai Expat Help ForumForum Rules

Return to Dubai Expat Help Forum