What To Buy??

Topic locked
What to Buy?? Oct 12, 2006
Hi guys, if I am willing to pay Dhs75,000 for a brand new or a used car, what can you recommend :?: :?: :?:

tolitz
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 12, 2006
Mate,

You will have to narrow down your criteria just a little bit more than that.

Saloon or 4x4 or Sports car?
Jap or Euro or USA?
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 12, 2006
OK...I am looking for a sedan, and i'm entertaining the Camry '07, or Altima (2.5l) '06, Lumina LS '06 & Sebring '06 or a nice second hand car with the price equivalent.

I think that i will be gone in four years time (unless i get fired before that) so perhaps resale value could be a consideration but i could trade this for everyday comfort driving as i live in Sharjah and travel everyday to Jebel Ali.
tolitz
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 12, 2006
tolitz wrote:OK...I am looking for a sedan, and i'm entertaining the Camry '07, or Altima (2.5l) '06, Lumina LS '06 & Sebring '06 or a nice second hand car with the price equivalent.

I think that i will be gone in four years time (unless i get fired before that) so perhaps resale value could be a consideration but i could trade this for everyday comfort driving as i live in Sharjah and travel everyday to Jebel Ali.

The 4-cylinder Altima, Camry and Accord are your best bets. Also, my buddy takes less time to come from Abu Dhabi to Jebel Ali (1 hour at 140 kph) than it does from Sharjah, so you might consider moving.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 12, 2006
2006 Nissan Altima, 2.5 S is going for Dhs63,500 (with 1 yr insurance)
2007 Nissan Altima, 2.5 S is going for Dhs65,000
2006 Nissan Altima, 3.5 is going for Dhs86,500 (with 1 yr insurance)
2007 Nissan Altima, 3.5 is going for Dhs87,500
yorky500
Dubai forums GURU

Oct 12, 2006
never go for a 2nd hand car.... :?
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 12, 2006
isnt the motor in the 2.5lt altima faulty? i have read about ppl complaining about it. has nissan fixed this issue???

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/show ... ght=altima
look at post #8
cheap_Deal
Dubai forums Addict

Oct 13, 2006
zam wrote:never go for a 2nd hand car.... :?

I'll always go for a second hand car. I'll let you take the depreciation hit. :wink:

It is easy to spot duds with a little research.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Hmm Oct 13, 2006
There is absolutly no problem with Altima 2.5 S, my cousin bro has it for 1 year now. Going great guns! however the 2007 Camry would have some bugs in it, not sure because i haven't driven it yet, but my dad's buddy recently got this new camry...he travels daily to Abu Dhabi, car is 7000 kms on the clock, and he faced a severe transmission problem (which is 5 speed auto) about 2 weeks back, the car is still in the workshop :? i'm sure Toyota would act fast on that and remove the defect very soon, perhaps in next production bach, so i'd recommend to go for (if brand new) than Altima or Accord. Both very good resale values, otherwise in used you would get a Merc S320 3.2v6 1999-2000 model in 75,000!!! or a BMW 735iL 3.5 v6, or VW Passat 2.0, Bora V5, Golf GTi for that, in Jap you'd get a class B higher saloons like Mitsu Sigma/Magna, Maxima 30GV, Altima 3.5SE, Accord 3.0 v6 EXi......all of recent models :D from 2003 to 2006.

Tip: if you're going for used, make sure you fix up on your 'will-be'' car's insurance procedures, getting used car insured is a big issue!
best of luck :wink:
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Re: Hmm Oct 13, 2006
Salman_20VT wrote:my dad's buddy recently got this new camry...he travels daily to Abu Dhabi, car is 7000 kms on the clock, and he faced a severe transmission problem (which is 5 speed auto) about 2 weeks back, the car is still in the workshop

Did your dad's buddy neutral bomb the auto? Hehe.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Re: Hmm Oct 15, 2006
gtmash wrote:
Salman_20VT wrote:my dad's buddy recently got this new camry...he travels daily to Abu Dhabi, car is 7000 kms on the clock, and he faced a severe transmission problem (which is 5 speed auto) about 2 weeks back, the car is still in the workshop

Did your dad's buddy neutral bomb the auto? Hehe.

emm no idea on that buddy, jus heard that it doesn't change transmission on right shift points and haults or so i remember :? so i thought i'd bring it up on your attention....personally i like the new camry's looks...
Salman_20VT
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Oct 15, 2006
new camry ..

oh for gods sake bro.. they stretched yaris (not the hatchback( a lil longer and are callin it camry..
ahamed
Dubai chat master

Oct 16, 2006
For 2nd hand Merc or BMW, what will be the maximum clicks you could consider as good buy :?: :?: :?:
tolitz
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai AutoForum Rules

Return to Dubai Auto