DF Meet Report.

Topic locked
DF meet Report. Sep 30, 2006
Who were all there for Skating. Share your experiences, how did u like/dislike it?

I loved the event, and the way the K family handled the training side for the complete novice,apparently only two, me n my friend :) and loved everyone of you guys, but still confused abt who is who.. Coz that was like a secret agent conf., everyone with a nick name and a real name :lol:

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Re: DF meet Report. Sep 30, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Who were all there for Skating. Share your experiences, how did u like/dislike it?

I loved the event, and the way the K family handled the training side for the complete novice,apparently only two, me n my friend :) and loved everyone of you guys, but still confused abt who is who.. Coz that was like a secret agent conf., everyone with a nick name and a real name :lol:

Yeah thats true Lucif, I met a whole load of nick names, and thinking about it, I only introduced myself as Sage, this is really weird.

It was great meeting up with all you guys & gals, next time we will try to spend a bit more time getting to know the real side of you all.
sage & onion
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Sep 30, 2006
Very true n wise thing to say... but S&O, we did spend a lot of time after the skating at the restaurant, but there was less space for all to interact. We can also look out for some interesting games as well in the coming meets.

It was sort of a homecoming for me... ppl whom i knew only for their nick names and only through net... yet to have the feeling that u belong to the group when u actually meet... that was wonderful.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
great outing :) my legs are still a bit wobbly but will live with it . good to see you all again and meeting choco, pretty penny, sage, jamal, ish st. lucifer, scarlet, Ian for the first time.

K and her hubby along with their friend did a good job of handling the novices.:) chocs had a great time i guess in the learners she was on the rink the longest, chocs how are ur legs :lol: . Fayz on the skate after a gap of multiple years did a neat job of it :).

But the pick of the day was waefey coached by a tinnie winne 5 year old :lol: and he did a good job, waf was a good student i guess.

Surprise of the day was Jamal and Ish showing up. nice meeting you dudes, and you looked straight out of harlem :) Yo!

by the way who had a fall? i guess it happened after i left. i hope st. lucifer and his friend survived the experience .

guys i had a blast, whens the next one happening, i guess i will buy my own pair of skates, dont wanna have stiff legs again.
Cheers,

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
wow, sounds like you all had a blast. :) I wish I could join you guys in future meets :)
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 30, 2006
Jamal n Ish were as real as they could b.... That was a nice bit of conversations we had abt the meet.. hahahahaah

Jeevan.. was the first one whom i got myself introduced to.. was easy to findout, thanks to the skinhead remarks.. fayz, maad, K family n their friend, waefey( cauched by the greedy 5 yr old, to use his own words...:wink: )S&O family... all great people..

but couldnt meet a lot of others, who was the one who left with a broken hand.? and chocs..,we met.. didnt we? Were u the one to whom i pointed S&O.. :? and where was PBH n her friends? And there was this guy with kind of an electrocuted hairstyle and a girl who where they? and jeevan, we managed to get out of the place without big troubles. I fell down atleast thrice but lucky didnt hurt myself :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
Jeevan wrote:But the pick of the day was waefey coached by a tinnie winne 5 year old

5 DIRHAMS PAY ME !!!!! hahahaha

That kid made my day.

It was great meeting all of you,
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 30, 2006
^the kid was taught early on on how to survive in dubai I guess :?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 30, 2006
I'm glad you guys had a good time! We did too :)
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
My sum up of the day: Blisters!

Possibly one of the best attended DF meets so far! Nice one K!

Geat to meet all the old and a lot of new faces, but didn't get round everyone as it was confusing to know who was actually a DF person and who was a 6 year old skating hustler! Blood on the ice courtesy of an unknown dude who took a tumble and cracked his head open but the young lady who damaged her arm is not a forum member and you will be glad to hear it was not broken, but has damaged a ligament. She will be back in action within a week or so.

However the highlights were to finally meet Chocs and Sage and Onion...

Wafaey, who had never been on ice before in his life (not a lot of that in Egypt!) who totally got into it but still looked like my grandad coming back from the pub! Great effort!

Ian and Scarlet (Yes mate, the ice was getting carved up...but it makes no difference to crap skaters like us!)

Fayz...poetry in motion! (or is that pottery?)

Maad...a skating tank!

Good to see Jamal and Ish on the sidelines, and dey is da gangsta!

Hope to meet up with some of the newbies at the next gathering and introduce myself properly...until then, the blisters are starting to heal!

Thanks again to K and Hubby for putting the whole thing together!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 30, 2006
It was our pleasure - we'll plan another one after Ramadan. :D We should also do another karting event in the cooler weather. That was a fun event too!

Good luck with the blisters guys, and don't forget to stretch the legs and feet today.

We were really impressed with the skating - you guys are naturals!
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
stretching? if i do that it pains :lol: i guess next time i need to buy my own skates.

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
I didnt have much problems with my legs, went for swimming after that.. it was relieving... but i've pain at my lower back... but bearable.
props again to K n her hubby, u both were great. I never met DKnight
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
u dint meet DK, the one in grey pullover, talking away without a stop :), a gem of a person, i guess u spoke with him but dint realize it, or were u too busy holding the edges and making rounds of the rink :lol:

but it was cool meeting ya, hows ur friend, i saw him go down hard on one ocassion :)

J
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
Oh, I knew I should have gone to the ice skating social!!!! I'm so sad that I didn't get to meet anyone! I was golfing w/husband at Emirates. It was rather warm outdoors, and needed to be in the cold!

Hopefully we will have another time soon to meet some of you guys!
dubai girl
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 30, 2006
Yea? Did i meet them? may b yes but i could talk to only a few, even after you left.

hehehe.. n yea I was busy going rounds.. i loved doing it.. its times like this that we get back to being a kid.. haha.. I loved that smart as# kid..

n I'd given a call to my friend. n found him to be ok. but it was pretty bad..i guess.. interestingly he got a bruise on his left knee and one on his right shoulder from that fall.. how could that happen :?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
Well, I think he did a great job for his first time skating. He just needs to keep going once in a while to get the hang of things.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
Sounds like you guys had a blast - good to hear.
Concord
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
:?: where do you post events like these?
pinoy1
Dubai chat master

Sep 30, 2006
So does sage look like his avatar?? It will be nice to meet you all, it looks like you had a good time.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 30, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:Jamal n Ish were as real as they could b.... That was a nice bit of conversations we had abt the meet.. hahahahaah

Jeevan.. was the first one whom i got myself introduced to.. was easy to findout, thanks to the skinhead remarks.. fayz, maad, K family n their friend, waefey( cauched by the greedy 5 yr old, to use his own words...:wink: )S&O family... all great people..

but couldnt meet a lot of others, who was the one who left with a broken hand.? and chocs..,we met.. didnt we? Were u the one to whom i pointed S&O.. :? and where was PBH n her friends? And there was this guy with kind of an electrocuted hairstyle and a girl who where they? and jeevan, we managed to get out of the place without big troubles. I fell down atleast thrice but lucky didnt hurt myself :)

LOL ... that electrocuted guy was my brother ... he has a very individual sense of style ... i'd love to tell him you said that ... maybe then he'll go for something more conventional ... but I hope he doesn't actually ... he's cool :)
PrettyPenny
Dubai Expat Helper

Sep 30, 2006
glad you all had a good one

nice one K - brilliant idea and i am sure everyone appreciated your efforts

yesssssssss to the Karting - i'll whoop some more butts, eat my dust peeps

8)
arniegang
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 30, 2006
PrettyPenny wrote:LOL ... that electrocuted guy was my brother ... he has a very individual sense of style ... i'd love to tell him you said that ... maybe then he'll go for something more conventional ... but I hope he doesn't actually ... he's cool :)

hahaha hey i'm sorry but that was not meant to be a bad comment.. infact.. it looked cool n different.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
sara_uk wrote:So does sage look like his avatar?? It will be nice to meet you all, it looks like you had a good time.

this one made me lmao.. hahahaha Sage u could say something on this....... hahaha
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
was nice to meet all of yall ..
sage i came through as soon as u left i guess i probably see ya at next meet or sumtin ..

PrettyPenny wrote:
St.Lucifer wrote:Jamal n Ish were as real as they could b.... That was a nice bit of conversations we had abt the meet.. hahahahaah

:roll: damnn wat did you all discuss..
Jamal
Mr. DubaiForums 2006

Sep 30, 2006
arniegang wrote:glad you all had a good one

nice one K - brilliant idea and i am sure everyone appreciated your efforts

yesssssssss to the Karting - i'll whoop some more butts, eat my dust peeps

8)

Bring it on mate!
Was discussing this with Jeev today... Guess we'll have to wait for the end of Ramadan to schedule this..
Nick81
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Sep 30, 2006
Jamal wrote:was nice to meet all of yall ..
sage i came through as soon as u left i guess i probably see ya at next meet or sumtin ..

I meant the short discussion we had.. hehe...
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
Ok yea lets wait for that now..Karting....

A good racer doesnt need to use words to show off. I like my vehicle to do the talking on the track.. :twisted:
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Sep 30, 2006
St.Lucifer wrote:
Jamal wrote:was nice to meet all of yall ..

I meant the short discussion we had.. hehe...

like..........

Jamal: Hi hommie
I$H: hi mofos.
LUc: Hi I am Lucifer from DF
I$H: R u the same devil mofo from DF?
Luc: nah I am Lucifer the innocent.
*LUC and I$H stares at each other for 5 mins to which LUc shys away*
*I$H gets excited and skates faster and hits other skaters*
Jamal: yo hommies call me on my cell **********

beginning of luv story and end f meeting.....
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 30, 2006
sniper420 wrote:like..........

Jamal: Hi hommie
I$H: hi mofos.
LUc: Hi I am Lucifer from DF
I$H: R u the same devil mofo from DF?
Luc: nah I am Lucifer the innocent.
*LUC and I$H stares at each other for 5 mins to which LUc shys away*
*I$H gets excited and skates faster and hits other skaters*
Jamal: yo hommies call me on my cell **********

beginning of luv story and end f meeting.....

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

sinper.. haha u r good at this mate.. :lmao:

but actually yea I was first to get to bros...
n u may have to do better at the words..

Jamal: yo hommies call me on my cell ********** ya'll just hollla

:P :P
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

posting in Dubai General ChatForum Rules

Return to Dubai General Chat