Laptop Screen Not Displaying.

Topic locked
Laptop screen not displaying. Sep 28, 2006
Hey all i have a bit of a problem, my laptop an Asus has lost its screen, i.e. i can see images on the screen but very very faint as if the light in the lcd burnt out. Is there an honest place that you can recommend to get this checked out.

The last couple days the screen would stay on for a while and then disappear and come back on occasion.

I like the laptop a lot but it isn't worth spending a lot of money on.

If any of you know where the Asus service centre is in Dubai or have any advice I'd be appreciative.

fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 28, 2006
Not sure who service ASUS, but if im not mistaken, the LCD is the most expsensive part of a laptop...costs a couple of thousand.
Yes, its cheaper to buy a new laptop.

If you only use the laptop at home or only at work, maybe you could connect it to an external monitor. Actually do that anyway - if its the same problem on the monitor, your video card is screwed up, else its your LCD screen.

Read todays Gulf News tabloid - second last page...some IT tips. :)

Good luck!
ineedacoolnick
Dubai forums Addict

Sep 28, 2006
I am sorry to hear that .. most of the time those screens cant be fixed and replacing them costs as much as buying a new laptop so i would say just get a new one. You can give me the hard drive and i will recover all your p<3n for ya
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
MaaaD wrote:You can give me the hard drive and i will recover all your p<3n for ya

maad not all r perverts... :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sep 28, 2006
ineedacoolnick wrote:If you only use the laptop at home or only at work, maybe you could connect it to an external monitor.!

I hooked it up to the projector at the house and it displays fine so it is for sure the lcd, I was afraid that you guys were going to say exactly that :cry: , the lcd is hooped. fortunately i have 2 other laptops but that was my favourite one to travel with and I'm taking off in a couple days.

thanks guys though :), at least i get to go shopping for a new one.
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Oct 15, 2008
hi I am from MORE Computers call me on 0507550647 - I can help you out
safiullahpb
Dubai Forum Visitor

Mar 31, 2009
Well we can chek it out for you
Call us at portland computer solutions
portland
Dubai Expat Helper