How Did You Get Your Job?, And How Long Did It Take You?

Topic locked
How did you get your job?, and how long did it take you? Sep 28, 2006
This is a poll for those based in UAE....

How did you get your current job?, and how long did it take you?

indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Sep 28, 2006
So where is the poll?
the_zooter
Dubai forums GURU

Sep 28, 2006
Maybe it's a qualitative survey?

I got my current job through applying to the company.

It took me just under 4 weeks from date of arrival to secure it.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Sep 28, 2006
i was transferred here
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Sep 28, 2006
My partner and I sent 112 direct mail letters to companies we handpicked in Dubai from Australia, this was in addition to sending emails applying for jobs.

It took two months and I was interviewed over the phone, accepted the job over and flew over three months from the start of the looking for work process/ Voila!!
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Sep 28, 2006
I used the newspaper and sent out three applications. I also used some online recruitment sites and directly applied for 5 jobs. I ended up hearing from the first company I applied to and was hired. This was 7 days after arriving in Dubai.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Sep 29, 2006
I am a teacher in the UK and I am just starting to check out the recruitment agencies an newspaper adverts hope I can be as lucky as you guys
Haniya
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 03, 2006
:) Hi everyone I am also planning to go there this November and I am hoping to find a job as quickly as the others did. I am just a little worried about how long will it take me to find a job.
mangoesteen_33
Dubai Forum Guest

Oct 03, 2006
mango...stick around and read some stuff in DF w/c might help/ give you ideas that can help you with your job hunting...

as for the Q of indi...

How did you get your current job?, and how long did it take you?

1. Job Application thru e-mail
2. Since Im stubborn and have so many demands w re: to company, it took me two months to find this work. But upon 3 days of arriving in Dubai, I have been hired by a gold company (where I lasted for 1 week) and then another and then another... :P

so all in all it depends upon your self ways/likes on how speedy your gonna get the job you want! :wink:
zam
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Oct 03, 2006
thanks for your answers. I am in Abu Dhabi, I havent started looking for a job yet, but I am worried about how long it would take me to get a job. I am a female, with masters in manufacturing and automation engineering from Canada with about 5 years experience, the main problem is that there is not much industry here and they like to hire men. I would not mine being flexible and doing something related as long as I get a decent salary. I am actually open. I wonder how easy is to get a job in a different or similar area?. Is it possible to switch careers here?. Aby recommendations?
thanks
indi
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Oct 03, 2006
Expatriated here from previous assignment.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Oct 03, 2006
emails

was choosy so took two months, if i had picked up the first job offered it would have been 15 days.

j
Jeevan
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Job WantedForum Rules

Return to Dubai Job Wanted