Wasting Food?

Topic locked
Wasting food? Feb 05, 2011
Please do not waste food!!
Veda says that even a single particle of the food should not be wasted

Donation is very dangerous like double edged knife. Donating to undeserving persons is very big sin and not mere wastage. Today, if you see the feast of a marriage function, you will find most of the plates after feast are full of food items leftover. When you throw this food, it becomes a source for bacteria and virus, which may harm even good people in the society. Thus, the people, who have thrown the food, become sinners. The owner of feast, who gave this expensive food to them is also another sinner and will be punished by the divine law.

Both doer and promoter are equally punished (Kartha karaiyitaa chaiva...). Finally the married couple is also affected. Veda says that even a single particle of the food should not be wasted (Annamna parichakshita...). Once, in a function, the people were wasting food and the beggars on the other side were searching for the food in the leaves thrown away after the feast.

One devotee asked Bhagavan Shri Satya Sai Baba like this, “O Swami! What is this! In your creation I find people throwing food on one side and people searching for the thrown food on the other side”. Bhagavan Baba replied “Those beggars were also rich in the previous birth and threw the food like these rich people. They are now born as beggars and are searching for the food thrown by them in the past”. Therefore, the minimum eligibility of the receiver of food is: not to throw even an iota of food.

dattaswami
BANNED

Re: Wasting Food? Feb 05, 2011
"Veda says" When you start off with a statment like this, you loose 99.99% of your readership. And biggest question of all why should I believe your vedas ? Although I know what you are referring to but probably a lot are going who or what is this Veda ?
desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

desertdudeshj wrote:"Veda says" When you start off with a statment like this, you loose 99.99% of your readership. And biggest question of all why should I believe your vedas ? Although I know what you are referring to but probably a lot are going who or what is this Veda ?

You should analyse the statements using your brain, logic and analysis. THe statements should withstand powerful logic and analysis then only it should be accepted. Blind emotional acceptance God will never ask. God is the genious and He can convince any body using power ful logic and analysis. There fore use your own brain and analyse it and think about it whether it is true or not...

There are several religions and there are several scriptures corresponding to these religions. We must fix a scripture as the primary standard so that other scriptures can be standardized with reference to that. The other scripture also becomes standard with reference to which some other scripture can be also standardized. This is called as the process of standardization in Science.

Such a primary standard can be the Veda. I know immediately the colours of your faces will change. Immediately you will blame Me that I am not the preacher of Universal Religion. You will misunderstand Me as the preacher of Hinduism in guise. This situation will arise even if I take the scripture of some other religion also as the primary standard. The misunderstanding is inevitable and unavoidable.

I have to take one scripture of some religion and I have to be subjected to the criticism. Therefore, I ignore the criticism. I know what I am in My inner consciousness. My inner self is the real witness as long as I am the preacher of Universal Religion to My inner self, I need not fear for any external criticism from any angle.

The reason for selecting Veda as the primary standard is that even today the Veda is being preserved by oral recitation with the help of thousands of families. If you go to older and older times millions of families were reciting Veda just to preserve it from any type of intrusions or deletions. In Indian spiritual field there are several branches of philosophy who fight with each other orally.

For all these branches, Veda is the standard text. Such situation never existed in any religion in this world and does not exist even today. Even today different schools of philosophy in Hinduism fight with each other and all of them quote the same Veda. Such competition was and is unique in Hinduism. In such competitive atmosphere pollution of Veda is impossible.

If any word is added or deleted, immediately the other schools will shout because they fear that in such case Veda may support a particular branch of philosophy due to the possibility of a new interpretation for a new sentence. Leave the past. Tell Me frankly whether such situation exists in any religion in this world even today. This is the main reason why I have selected Veda as the primary standard. The diversity in Hinduism has done lot of good in this direction.

The sanctity of the scripture is well protected. In the olden days the books were in the form of written scripts of palm leaves. Printing was not there. Therefore, a very few scripts were only present. In such case it was very easy to introduce a new palm leaf or to remove an older palm leaf because hardly one or two scripts were present in a very large region.

Except this one reason there is no any other reason for Me to favour Veda but you need not worry that the scriptures of other religions have to be judged with reference to Veda only. Fortunately, all the scriptures of all the religions agree with Veda. The primary standard is useful in very few places where there is disagreement. Even that disagreement arises only from the misinterpretation of the statement. If the correct interpretation is given all the statements are perfectly coinciding with Veda.

Moreover, one can decide the final version of any concept based on the logical analysis. If the logical analysis fails, then mere Veda need not be taken as authority. If the logic disagrees you can reject any scripture including Veda. Therefore, Veda along with the logical analysis only stands as a primary standard. When you are convinced logically about a concept and when such concept is found in Veda, then only the concept is authorised.

Therefore, I am not rubbing Veda on any head without the logical analysis. Therefore, one need not doubt about the fanatic. The primary standard means the original word of God heard directly. But when other scriptures are perfectly in agreement with such word where is the question of fanatic? Every scripture becomes the word of God.

This point supports the Universal Religion, which says that the single God delivered the scriptures of all the religions. When the author is one and the same how can there be difference between the scriptures? If there is any difference it is only by your misinterpretation. Therefore, primary standard is only for convenience but not for fanatic.
dattaswami
BANNED

I'm not arguing about the concept of wasting food but rather your claims that its right because the Veda said so. Again why should I follow the Veda ?

"Such a primary standard can be the Veda." Can be but why should it be ? No one other than you agrees on this point. So I don't see it ever being one so the point is moot.

And yes you told me so but yes all your post do seem to be preaching hinduism in disguise, although you still cower away fron answering Shafiques question about quotes about consuming meat being totally "kosher" according to your vedas
desertdudeshj

Re: Wasting Food? Feb 06, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:I'm not arguing about the concept of wasting food but rather your claims that its right because the Veda said so. Again why should I follow the Veda ?

"Such a primary standard can be the Veda." Can be but why should it be ? No one other than you agrees on this point. So I don't see it ever being one so the point is moot.

And yes you told me so but yes all your post do seem to be preaching hinduism in disguise, although you still cower away fron answering Shafiques question about quotes about consuming meat being totally "kosher" according to your vedas

Apart from the experience and logic, one should also take Scriptures as the final approving authority. Otherwise, even false preachers show perfect logic and experience in their interpretation. Therefore one needs the final sanction from the Scripture, which is called as Sruti and Smruti. Sruti is the Veda, which is preserved by recitation from one generation to the other. Not a single word is deleted or added to Veda because the recitation will not allow such pollution. Please do not mistake Me as a fan of Hinduism because I have to tell the truth and merit whatever may be the religion. The only scripture in this world, which is without pollution, is Veda. No other scripture in this world was preserved as Veda by such continuous process of recitation.

If you have the original manuscript, there is no proof of the absence of pollution. Is there hand written manuscript or oral dictation in recorded form of Jesus or Mohammed or Buddha? Even if you say that the hand scripts of disciples of Jesus exist, rationalists will question about the guarantee of the original oral or written version of Jesus. They will ask for the sincerity of the disciples in recording the version of Jesus. Even Gita is not an exception to this powerful analysis. Swami Dayananda says that Sankara has written Gita and introduced into Mahabharata. I am not supporting Dayananda. But at the same time I cannot oppose him also. Can I show the tape recorder in which the Gita was recorded directly from Krishna? Then there is an equal probability for both the possibilities. Therefore Gita comes under the second category called as Smruti.

Smruti is valid when it is found in Sruti or Veda. This is the reason why Sankara or Ramanuja or Madhva quotes first the Sruti and then only Gita as Smruti, which can be only supporting evidence. Unless the meaning of any verse of Gita is found in Sruti or Veda, it is not valid. Atleast the verse of Gita should not contradict the concept presented in Veda. Thus Gita, Bible, Q’ran and the statements of Buddha etc are analysed in the light of Veda. If any concept is contradicting Veda and if the correlation is not possible, such concept is to be rejected.

Fortunately all the scriptures of the second category (Smruti) could be correlated with Veda and therefore the same God who spoke Veda in the beginning of the creation subsequently came down and preached all the scriptures. You need not worry that I have brought your religious scriptures under the second category because there is no single instance where your scripture contradicted Veda, if your scripture is represented in the light of correct interpretation. You should feel worried if I show a single instance where your scripture is rejected due to contradiction with Veda. Since such possibility never arose, you need not worry because your scripture becomes equal to Veda since it has never contradicted Veda in the light of correct interpretation.

If somebody brings a statement like that the anti-Christ will try to bring the world peace by uniting all the religions, such statement cannot be accepted as the statement of God. It is only pollution. God is the very essence of the peace. Jesus is the very embodiment of peace. I am not finding such things only with Christianity. I can quote such things even in Hinduism, if you mistake Me as a fan of Hinduism internally. The scholars of Visishtadvaita branch of Hindu religion found by Ramanuja quoted some verses from a book written by Vyasa. These verses say that Sankara was an incarnation of a demon. It is very clear that these verses were composed by those scholars and were introduced into the book. Hinduism stands as a mini model for the whole world

Whatever you find in the world in the macro-scale can be found in Hinduism in the micro-scale. The hand written scripts were always subjected to intrusions and extrusions in course of long duration of time. But Veda did never exist in the form of written script, even before the technology of writing on Palm Leaves was discovered. Veda existed in the process of the recitation only. During the process of recitation a very large number of scholars were involved who belonged to old, middle and new generations.

Pollution at any level was impossible. Thus the authority lies in 1) Sruti (Veda); 2) Smruti (Gita, Bible, Q’ran, statements of Buddha etc.) which must coincide with Sruti or atleast not contradict Sruti; 3) Yukti, the logical analysis with discrimination power to differentiate truth and falsehood and 4) Vidvadanubhava, which is the experience of scholars who are the realised souls. I once again request all the other religions with folded hands and many many salutations, that one should not mistake me as a fan of Hinduism because I was born as a Hindu, especially by giving the first position to Sruti or Veda, which is a Hindu scripture.

I am not a blind fan of any religion including Hinduism. Did I not praise the Christians and Muslims in the concept of re-birth and condemned the Hindus severely? Hindus became lazy and neglected the spiritual effort thinking that there are several human re-births. I condemned this concept and showed the Hindu scripture itself, which states that the human birth is very rare. Thus Hindus have misunderstood their own religious scripture, whereas Christians and Muslims have clearly understood their own religious scriptures. If there is a merit in Hinduism, I shall not feel shy to expose it, doubting that other religions may misunderstand Me as a fan of my own religion. Similarly I shall not feel afraid to criticize my own Hindus if there is de-merit in Hinduism and I shall not feel unhappy to praise other religions if they have a merit.
dattaswami
BANNED

Again you lost me on your first line "one should also take Scriptures ( Veda ) as the final approving authority"
Again why the Veda ? You say its free from change or alteration, I will not argue with that fact since I don't know much about this aspect but what is the source of this scripture ?

The arguments you present for the Veda I can give you the exact same arguments for the Quran and I can almost say with certainity there are more people who have memorised it by heart word for word than the Vedas. I have yet to meet a person who has memorised the entire veda or even large portions of it and on top of that almost every muslim has memorised various parts of it. So even if there wasn't anyone who knew it completely by heart there are enough people out there to compile the entire Quran from memory. One of the biggest features if you might call it of the Quran is the know fact it is unaltered and in its orginal language.

So why should I give more importance to the Veda ? Also you say it is free from manipulation and instructs not to eat meat but yet refuse to tackle the verse quoted from the Vedas that clearly show there is no such prohibition. Which leads one to believe the being vegtarian is more of a cultral thing than a religious or scriptual requirement.
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Again you lost me on your first line "one should also take Scriptures ( Veda ) as the final approving authority"
Again why the Veda ? You say its free from change or alteration, I will not argue with that fact since I don't know much about this aspect but what is the source of this scripture ?

The arguments you present for the Veda I can give you the exact same arguments for the Quran and I can almost say with certainity there are more people who have memorised it by heart word for word than the Vedas. I have yet to meet a person who has memorised the entire veda or even large portions of it and on top of that almost every muslim has memorised various parts of it. So even if there wasn't anyone who knew it completely by heart there are enough people out there to compile the entire Quran from memory. One of the biggest features if you might call it of the Quran is the know fact it is unaltered and in its orginal language.

So why should I give more importance to the Veda ? Also you say it is free from manipulation and instructs not to eat meat but yet refuse to tackle the verse quoted from the Vedas that clearly show there is no such prohibition. Which leads one to believe the being vegtarian is more of a cultral thing than a religious or scriptual requirement.

To accept any concept, there are four authorities:

1) Shruti, the scripture, which is the divine text and it is Veda for Hindus.
2) The second authority is Smruti, which is the text written by sages.
3) The third authority is logical discussion to find out the correct interpretation of the scripture.
4) The fourth authority is experience of divine scholars.
dattaswami
BANNED

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums