Violent Teachings In Bible

Topic locked
Re: Violent Teachings In Bible Jun 01, 2011
Shaf I know you miss him but please do stop playing with your pet troll. That only makes him jump up and down more begging for more attention.

desertdudeshj
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Violent teachings in Bible Jun 02, 2011
It's also important to point out the Koran does teach forgiveness of sins for Muslims who engage in martial activity whereas the Bible does not:

61:10-12

O believers, shall I direct you to a commerce that shall deliver you from a painful chastisement? You shall ... struggle in the way of God with your possessions and your selves. ... He will forgive you your sins and admit you into gardens underneath which rivers flow, and to dwelling-places goodly in Gardens of Eden; that is the mighty triumph;
event horizon

Re: Violent Teachings In Bible Jun 02, 2011
desertdudeshj wrote:Shaf I know you miss him but please do stop playing with your pet troll. That only makes him jump up and down more begging for more attention.

After all the trouble yesterday I would have thought you could take a day off. Must we go through this all again when everyone someone doesn't agree with is a troll?
Everyone has a right to post what and when they want here and your post just starts another round off. Your were trying to act as peacemaker yesterday and now you've let yourself down again.
Live and let live and stop calling people trolls.
Bethsmum

But EH is a troll. He comes to the forum in a Muslim country with Muslim members to rumble with someone over the topic of Islam. When Shaf was away, EH barely posted. Without someone to spar with about his negative view of Islam he gets bored.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

kanelli wrote:But EH is a troll. He comes to the forum in a Muslim country with Muslim members to rumble with someone over the topic of Islam. When Shaf was away, EH barely posted. Without someone to spar with about his negative view of Islam he gets bored.

Well that's your opinion. Who are you or DDS to call anyone a troll?
Bethsmum

Troll : One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being but not limited to, self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

If the cap fits, wear it ;)

And if people don't have a problem with EH, why did they have any problems with people like gadfly or muslimbangladeshi ?
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Troll : One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being but not limited to, self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.

If the cap fits, wear it ;)

And if people don't have a problem with EH, why did they have any problems with people like gadfly or muslimbangladeshi ?

Review my last 'X' number of posts and do the same for yourself.

See which better fit your own definition of what a troll is.

Just for amusement, go check out shafique's posts as well.

Anyways, I am glad shafique is no longer posting here since I viewed him as a troll. Perhaps you'll take the same route as a loser and do the same?
event horizon

HA ! Finally got the troll to speak :D

So now that your in a chatty mood maybe you''ll answer the questioned posed, I'll repeat incased you've missed it ;)

What are you doing here ? What are you doing in a forum about a place halfway across the world which is of no concern to you, spending your time and energy for the past two years and more. Posting the same old crap over and over again ?

Troll away....
desertdudeshj

So your point is to troll a thread to get a reaction from someone?

I'll take everyone's advice and ignore attempts at trolling.

Although if you want to pick up where shafique left off, I'll be happy to reply.

I actually think you're less daft than he is, so a discussion would be slightly more interesting.
event horizon

So troll it is then ..... and "discussion" loool Gotta love how you call your crap "discussions" and yourself a critter..oops I mean crtic ! LOOOOOL
desertdudeshj

[quote="desertdudeshj"]Troll : One who purposely and deliberately (that purpose usually being but not limited to, self-amusement) starts an argument in a manner which attacks others on a forum without in any way listening to the arguments proposed by his or her peers. He will spark of such an argument via the use of ad hominem attacks with no substance or relevence to back them up as well as straw man arguments, which he uses to simply avoid addressing the essence of the issue.[quote]

Shafique, no doubt.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Violent Teachings In Bible Jun 03, 2011
awww ...how sweet two of them playing toghter
desertdudeshj

EH, sometimes trolling behaviour instigates trolling behaviour from others. Both you and Shafique have been doing the troll dance about Islam. Shafique has been a long time member and has posted in many more topics that are not Islam-related. If I look at the big picture I can see that Shaf never came to DF to be a troll, unlike you.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

desertdudeshj wrote:What are you doing here ? What are you doing in a forum about a place halfway across the world which is of no concern to you, spending your time and energy for the past two years and more. Posting the same old crap over and over again ?

Troll away....

Well munchkin, that description could be applied to Kanelli too! By her own admission, you couldn't drag her back to Dubai screaming. So if the question is put to EH, why don't you pose it to K too?
Bethsmum

desertdudeshj wrote:awww ...how sweet two of them playing toghter

Both you and Shafique are as toxic as they come for a forum.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Yeah and trolls like EH and Gadfly are the source which online communities thrive on. :roll:

-- Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm --

Yeah and trolls like EH and Gadfly are things which forums thrive on. :roll:
desertdudeshj

desertdudeshj wrote:Yeah and trolls like EH and Gadfly are the source which online communities thrive on. :roll:

-- Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:17 pm --

Yeah and trolls like EH and Gadfly are things which forums thrive on. :roll:

Are you don't consider yourself a troll, munchkin? You've made sure this thread has gone off topic, isn't that what a troll does? It's not a word I'm particularly familiar with but it seems you fit the description weel enough.
Bethsmum

Re: Violent teachings in Bible Jun 06, 2011
So far it stands that only the Koran contains prescriptive violence for adherents to follow and carry out acts of violence today.

The Bible does not provide a jus ad bellum (reason for waging war) that is said to be either prescriptive or inherently violent.

Penance is a bit of a strawman - the Bible does not link forgiveness of sin with violent actions.

On the other hand, the Koran does associate forgiveness of sin and guaranteed martyrdom with fighting.

On a side note, the Crusades were never started over penance. They began over self defense and occupation of formerly Christian lands, including holy sites.

This contrasts with Jihad (Muslim holy war) which was and is done on the basis of several verses from the Koran, sayings of Muhammad and tradition of Muhammad and the rightly guided caliphs to launch raids into non-Muslim territory on an annual basis.
event horizon

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums