Truth About Dr.Haneef

Topic locked
Truth About Dr.Haneef Jul 30, 2007
What's the popular aussie sentiment about the whole deadly tiger turned poor cat story? Not to start another controversy n a list of swaggering comments.. just whats your view?

St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 30, 2007
scarlet
Dubai Forums Veteran

Jul 30, 2007
This Australian's perspective is at least we didn't lock him up in some no-mans land without legal representation or even communication, leave him rot for a couple of years, and then have some mickey mouse trial.

As it stands, there was insufficient evidence to hold Haneef, leading to speculation there was perhaps insufficient evidence in the first place.

Having said that, as it stands right now, justice has been done.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 30, 2007
Thanks scarlet..Nice read.

Agreed that we still dont know the complete story behind it and no one can deny the fact that his cousins were involved in the bomb plot.. having said that, if Mr. Andrews is wrong, he should apologize, it takes guts n valor to admit a mistake but doing so only increases one's reputation, what ever ppl may spk abt immaturity. That would be helpful to the family, if not for a better image of the nation.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 30, 2007
Andrews is just riding the wave of political hysteria though.

Sometimes Australians are as guilty of being naive as our US friends.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jul 30, 2007
^^ :) Appreciate it.. :D this is what the likes of Andrews lack.. :) :)
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Jul 30, 2007
Well, either way, the guy's career in any Western country is ruined. He's back in India now, getting job offers for probably pathetic rates. At least Australia is a fair country where he can sue instead of "putting up or shutting up" like in some other places of this world.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

Jul 30, 2007
I agree, with the idea that most probably his career else where has ended..but I diagree about the job in India though.. 1st up a medical profession isnt just about making money, so it should depend on the money that the patient can afford.. oh a bit utopian?? Doctors can get very high paying jobs even in India. They can have private practise as well.. but his tarnished image isnt gonna help him a lot atleast in bangalore which already has a bit of religious divide among middle class people.
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Aug 01, 2007
and what is wrong with locking him up in some no-mans land without legal representation or even communication, leave him rot for a couple of years, and then have some mickey mouse trial ?.
:)
satan-the-redeema
Dubai Forums Frequenter

Aug 03, 2007
I'm still confused why this guy bought himself a one-way ticket to India the day after the Glasgow attack when he had a very good life in Australia, but should be innocent and proven guilty.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Aug 08, 2007
scot1870 wrote:I'm still confused why this guy bought himself a one-way ticket to India the day after the Glasgow attack when he had a very good life in Australia, but should be innocent and proven guilty.

I think he realised what his dumbass relatives did and found himself in a Catch-22 situation. He was fudged whether he stayed or left ,even if they would've found him innocent after a stint in jail.
gtmash
Dubai forums GURU

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums