The Scientific Miracles In The Holy Quran(1)

Topic locked
The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran(1) Apr 14, 2005
Asalam alikum warahmatullah wabarakatu,

Bismillah arahman araheem

The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran

The Quran, which was revealed fourteen centuries ago, mentioned facts only recently discovered or proven by scientists. This proves without doubt that the Quran must be the literal word of God, revealed by Him to the Prophet Muhammad , and that the Quran was not authored by Muhammad or by any other human being. This also proves that Muhammad is truly a prophet sent by God. It is beyond reason that anyone fourteen hundred years ago would have known these facts discovered or proven only recently with advanced equipment and sophisticated scientific methods. Some examples follow

A) The Quran on Human Embryonic Development:
In the Holy Quran, God speaks about the stages of man’s embryonic development:

We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an alaqah (leech, suspended thing, and blood clot), then We made the alaqah into a mudghah (chewed substance)... 1 (Quran, 23:12-14)

Literally, the Arabic word alaqah has three meanings: (1) leech, (2) suspended thing, and (3) blood clot.

In comparing a leech to an embryo in the alaqah stage, we find similarity between the two . Also, the embryo at this stage obtains nourishment from the blood of the mother, similar to the leech, which feeds on the blood of others.

The second meaning of the word alaqah is “suspended thing.” , the suspension of the embryo, during the alaqah stage, in the womb of the mother.

The third meaning of the word alaqah is “blood clot.” We find that the external appearance of the embryo and its sacs during the alaqah stage is similar to that of a blood clot. This is due to the presence of relatively large amounts of blood present in the embryo during this stage4 Also during this stage, the blood in the embryo does not circulate until the end of the third week. Thus, the embryo at this stage is like a clot of blood.

So the three meanings of the word alaqah correspond accurately to the descriptions of the embryo at the alaqah stage.

The next stage mentioned in the verse is the mudghah stage. The Arabic word mudghah means “chewed substance.” If one were to take a piece of gum and chew it in his or her mouth and then compare it with an embryo at the mudghah stage, we would conclude that the embryo at the mudghah stage acquires the appearance of a chewed substance. This is because of the somites at the back of the embryo that “somewhat resemble teethmarks in a chewed substance.”

How could Muhammad have possibly known all this 1400 years ago, when scientists have only recently discovered this using advanced equipment and powerful microscopes which did not exist at that time? Hamm and Leeuwenhoek were the first scientists to observe human sperm cells (spermatozoa) using an improved microscope in 1677 (more than 1000 years after Muhammad ). They mistakenly thought that the sperm cell contained a miniature preformed human being that grew when it was deposited in the female genital tract.7

Professor Emeritus Keith L. Moore8 is one of the world’s most prominent scientists in the fields of anatomy and embryology and is the author of the book entitled The Developing Human, which has been translated into eight languages. This book is a scientific reference work and was chosen by a special committee in the United States as the best book authored by one person. Dr. Keith Moore is Professor Emeritus of Anatomy and Cell Biology at the University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. There, he was Associate Dean of Basic Sciences at the Faculty of Medicine and for 8 years was the Chairman of the Department of Anatomy. In 1984, he received the most distinguished award presented in the field of anatomy in Canada, the J.C.B. Grant Award from the Canadian Association of Anatomists. He has directed many international associations, such as the Canadian and American Association of Anatomists and the Council of the Union of Biological Sciences.

In 1981, during the Seventh Medical Conference in Dammam, Saudi Arabia, Professor Moore said: “It has been a great pleasure for me to help clarify statements in the Quran about human development. It is clear to me that these statements must have come to Muhammad from God, because almost all of this knowledge was not discovered until many centuries later. This proves to me that Muhammad must have been a messenger of God.”9 (To view the RealPlayer video of this comment click here ).

Consequently, Professor Moore was asked the following question: “Does this mean that you believe that the Quran is the word of God?” He replied: “I find no difficulty in accepting this.”

During one conference, Professor Moore stated: “....Because the staging of human embryos is complex, owing to the continuous process of change during development, it is proposed that a new system of classification could be developed using the terms mentioned in the Quran and Sunnah (what Muhammad said, did, or approved of). The proposed system is simple, comprehensive, and conforms with present embryological knowledge. The intensive studies of the Quran and hadeeth (reliably transmitted reports by the Prophet Muhammad’s companions of what he said, did, or approved of) in the last four years have revealed a system for classifying human embryos that is amazing since it was recorded in the seventh century A.D. Although Aristotle, the founder of the science of embryology, realized that chick embryos developed in stages from his studies of hen’s eggs in the fourth century B.C., he did not give any details about these stages. As far as it is known from the history of embryology, little was known about the staging and classification of human embryos until the twentieth century. For this reason, the descriptions of the human embryo in the Quran cannot be based on scientific knowledge in the seventh century. The only reasonable conclusion is: these descriptions were revealed to Muhammad from God. He could not have known such details because he was an illiterate man with absolutely no scientific training.

To read more on The Scientific Miracles in the Holy Quran visit www.islam-guide.com

AbuBakr

Abubakr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 24, 2005
Mohammed knew about it 1400 years ago is not a surprise.
By the way,"chewy substance....suspended thingy....blood clot..." don't really sound all that scientific to me...really.

What is even MORE a surprise to you is that all this was mention in MUCh greater detail 5000 years ago in the Holy bible.

God made man according his own exact image and then He "breath" life into his nostrils.

If you really want undeniable....incredible...."BRAND NEW SCIENTIFIC" proofs that the Holy Bible is the WORD OF GOD...then you should start seriously searching for God.

Because God said: "Seek and you shall find"
Not maybe find...but "SHALL" find.

Jesus is the Son of God and it is the truth.
Some one born of a virgin..lived a sinless life has died for you. That is the only way you can be saved.

NO ONE born of a woman of sin...lived as a sinner can lead you to salvation.

Mohammed is dead and he actually has a coffin. He has a beautiful burial ground.

My LORD (Jesus) has an even more beautiful burial ground. It has nothing...it is empty...it is bare and no dead body within it.
He has risen.

When you come to a ross road in life and theres 2 guide to lead you to the right way. One is alive and has come from the place you want to go...the other is dead. The choice is obvious.

Go in peace brother. Its good to know another that loves God as much as I do. But are you following the right Guide?
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2005
abs wrote:Its good to know another that loves God as much as I do. But are you following the right Guide?

Ofcourse he is following the right Guide. Christainism is so old that they changed bible so many times that one doesnt know form real to fake. And authenticity of the prophets doesnt depend on grave. :)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2005
The holy bible has never been changed. Please get your facts right.
Don't just listen to what people say, find out yourself.

The different words were used but the meaning stays the same.

People also says its contradicting is also MISINFORMED.

Please state what you actually mean when you say "changed"

Yes its been interpreted to many languages so the people all over can hear the Words of God. The Holy Spirit watches over interpretation and whoever changes it never lives long.

Just because some writting is old does not make it unbelievable.

There are many versions of Bible but the most important parts are the same.

-Jesus is the Son of God
-He died on the cross to redeem our souls so that by believing in Him we can be forgiven.
-He died and ressurected 3 days later and appeared infront of many people.
-Jesus will come back for his people soon.

Wages of SIN IS DEATH.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 25, 2005
WELL, BROTHER ABS, MAY PEACE BE UPON U ,
I AM SOO HAPPY THAT WE ARE ACTUALLY TRYING TO HAVE A CONVERSATION THAT HAS HIGH MORALS AND DIGNITY AND WOULD LIKE TO REMIND MY SELF AND YOURS THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO CONVINCE ONE ANOTHER WITH OUR BELIEFS...LIFE IS TOOOOOOO SHORT TO FIGHT FOR..ITS JUST A MATTER OF BEING INSPIRED, ENLIGHTENED, AND UPLIFETD...AND I AM NOT WRITING THIS TO LET YOU SAY, OOOHHH HE'S TRYING TO SHOW ME HIS GOOD SIDE..AM REALLY TRYING TO HAVE A GOOD ENDING...ACTUALLY A GOOD START, GOOD START FOR THE AFTERLIFE.AND I WOULD LOVE TO GO THROUGH ANY ROAD TO HEAVEN THAT WOULD MAKE ME AMONG THE PIOUS AND RIGHTIOUS ONES..WE ARE MADE OF CLAY...AND WE DON'T EVEN HAVE THE POWER TO TAKE HOLD OF THIS CLAY...WE ACTUALLY HAVE NO POWER WHATSOEVER..MAY MY LORD AND YOURS PROTECT US AND LEAD US TO THE PATH THAT IS RIGHT..AMEN.WHATEVER THAT PATH IS..NOW TALKIN ABOUT RELIGIONS..There are so many sects, cults, religions, philosophies, and movements in the world, all of which claim to be the right way or the only true path to Allah. How can one determine which one is correct or if, in fact, all are correct? The method by which the answer can be found is to clear away the superficial differences in the teachings of the various claimants to the ultimate truth, and identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or indirectly. False religions all have in common one basic concept with regards to Allah. They either claim that all men are gods or that specific men were Allah or that nature is Allah or that Allah is a figment of man's imagination.
Thus, it may be stated that the basic message of false religion is that Allah may be worshipped in the form of His creation. False religion invites man to the worship of creation by calling the creation or some aspect of it God. For example, prophet Jesus invited his followers to worship Allah but those who claim to be his followers today call people to worship Jesus, claiming that he was Allah!
Buddha was a reformer who introduced a number of humanistic principles to the religion of India. He did not claim to be God nor did he suggest to his followers that he be an object of worship. Yet, today most Buddhists who are to be found outside of India have taken him to be God and prostrate to idols made in their perception of his likeness.
By using the principle of identifying the object of worship, false religion becomes very obvious and the contrived nature of their origin clear. As God said in the Our'aan:
That which you worship besides Him are only names you and your forefathers have invented for which Allah has sent down no authority: The command belongs only to Allah:
He has commanded that you only worship Him; that is the right religion, but most men do not understand ". (Soorah Yoosuf 12:40)
It may be argued that all religions teach good things so why should it matter which one we follow. The reply is that all false religions teach the greatest evil, the worship of creation. Creation-worship is the greatest sin that man can commit because it contradicts the very purpose of his creation. Man was created to worship Allah alone as Allah has explicitly stated in the Our'aan:
"I have only created Jlnns and men, that they may worship me"(Soorah Zaareeyaat 51:56)
Consequently, the worship of creation, which is the essence of idolatry, is the only unforgivable sin. One who dies in this state of idolatry has sealed his fate in the next life. This is not an opinion, but a revealed fact stated by Allah in his final revelation to man:
"Verily Allah will not forgive the joining of partners with Him, but He may forgive (sins) less than that for whom so ever He wishes"(Soorah An- Nisaa 4:48 and 116)
PLEASE FORGIVE ME IF I HAVE HUMILIATED YOU IN ANYWAY, WE ARE ALL MADE OF SOULS, HEARTS, MINDS AND BODIES, AND SHOULD STIVE TO REACH THAT GOAL....HEAVEN THROUGH PLEASING OUR MASTER...
WITH PEACE AND BLESSINGS.
AND GOD ALMIGHTY KNOWS BEST..
Abubakr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

PLEASE CHECK THIS OUT.. Apr 25, 2005
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/bible/bibl ... r_look.htm

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/bible/WhoW ... pts%5D.htm

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/Yusuf_story.htm

NO OFFENSE...JUST A SIMPLE POINT OF VIEW by Yusuf Estes - Former Christian - Muslim Chaplain
[Revised July 7, 2004]

P.S.: YOU CAN ALSO ASK THIS MAN ON:

http://www.islamtomorrow.com/

I GUESS HE KNOWS MUCH MORE THAN I DO IN THESE MATTERS AND CAN REPLY YOU WITH MUCH MORE DETAILED ANSWERS..AND A REMINDER...
I DON'T MEAN ANY HARM..WE ARE ALL HUMANS AND GOD KNOWS BEST.
Abubakr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 25, 2005
Mohammad Peace Be Upon Him is the last and greatest of all the Prophets.

Get your facts straight:

- Jesus was a man not a god. He was a messanger one of many and was not His son. Yes he was born of the Virgin Mary and she was the greatest and purest woman and thats why God blessed her with the divine honor of bearing His messanger.

- God (Allah) was not created by anyone or anything and has not a child. He has always been there and He will always remain there.

- Jesus was never cruxified.

- Resurrection never happened.

- The Jews did not kill Jesus, God made it look like they did to punish them for the evils they did like calling for example the Virgin Mary a whore.

These were just some points I wanted to go over.

Also you claim the the Prophet Mohammed PUB never had an ascension to the Heavens???? Shows you know little of the Religion of Peace - Islam. Maybe you should read about the origins of the Dome of the Rock and why it was built and what the significance was.

Also the GREATEST miracle EVER. Greater than anything our feeble human minds can possibly conceive of was the Holy Coran. That Blessed Book the THE Miracle of the One True God. Our God, the God of the Muslims and of the People of the Book (Christians and Jews).

Get your facts right!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

10 brief points Apr 25, 2005
10 brief points Christians
should know about Muslims and Jesus
By Sound Vision Staff Writer

1-Muslims love Jesus. We also love Abraham, Moses, and Noah, to name just a few other Prophets Muslims revere. May God's peace be upon all of these great messengers of God.
2-Muslims also love the mother of Jesus, the Virgin Mary. We believe she was a pious and noble woman chosen over all of the women of the world.
3-Muslims believe that Jesus was born miraculously of a virgin mother and no father. His birth is miraculous like the birth of Adam, the first human being, who was created with neither mother nor father.
4-Muslims do not believe that Jesus was the son of God. God is so powerful and self-sufficient that He does not need a son or any kind of partner.
5-In Arabic Bible the name for God is Allah. Therefore all Arab Christian call God Allah as Muslim do as well.
6-Jesus did not die on the cross. Rather, God saved him as his enemies were confused about him. Jesus was taken up by God to Heaven.
7-Jesus is called Isa (pronounced Eesa) in Arabic.
8-Jesus performed miracles by the Will of God, like healing the blind and those with leprosy.
9-Jesus prayed to the same God as all Prophets and we pray to.
10-Jesus will return before the end of the world.
This is a brief guide on what Muslims are taught about Jesus in the religion of Islam.
Muslims follow the teachings of all the Prophets, from Adam to Muhammad. Muhammad was the last Prophet sent to mankind, and Muslims follow the book he was given by God, the Holy Qur'an.
Muslims respect and admire Jesus. Islam teaches that he was one of God's greatest messengers to mankind. The Qur'an describes the miracle of his virgin birth, and a chapter of the Qur'an is entitled "Maryam" (Mary) Here is the Qur'anic description of Jesus' birth:
"Remember when the Angels said "Oh Mary, God gives you glad tidings of a word from him (God) of the Messiah Jesus son of Mary, revered in this world and the hereafter, and one of those brought near to God. He will speak from the cradle as an infant and as a man will be of the righteous." She said "My Lord, how can I have a child when no mortal man has touched me?" He said, "So it will be. God creates what He wills, if He decrees a thing, He says to it only, 'Be!' and it is." (Qur'an 3:45-47)
Jesus was created miraculously by God who had also created Adam without Mother OR Father. God said, 'The case of Jesus was like the case of Adam. He (God) created Adam from dust, then said to him, 'BE!' and he came into being.' (Qur'an 3:59)
During his prophethood Jesus also performed many miracles. God tells us that Jesus said:
" I have come to you with a sign from your Lord. I make for you the shape of a bird out of clay, I breathe into it, and it becomes a bird by God's permission. I heal the blind from birth and the leper. I also bring the dead to life with God's permission, and I tell you what you eat and what you store inside your houses." (Qur'an 3:49)
Muslims do not believe that Jesus was crucified, but that Jesus' enemies planned to crucify him and that God raised him up to him, and the likeness of Jesus was put on another man (and they killed that man.)….(Qur'an 4:157)
…They said "We killed Jesus the Messiah, son of Mary, the Messenger of God." They did not kill him, nor did they crucify him, but the likeness of him was put on another man (and they killed that man.) …(Qur'an 4:157)
Neither Muhammad nor Jesus came to change the concept or doctrines of the belief in one God, but they came to confirm and renew it.
The Muslim belief of Jesus is between two extremes. The Jews, who rejected Jesus as a Prophet, said he was not the Son of God. The Christians, on the other hand, consider Jesus to be God's son, and worship him as according to that belief. Islam considers Jesus to be a righteous Prophet, but do not worship him. Rather they respect him as they do all Prophets, such as Abraham, Moses, Joseph, etc.
Jesus was a righteous man with a divine message, sent to all mankind. Any contradiction to this among revealed religions is seen in Islam as a man-made element introduced into these religions.

MAY PEACE BE UPON MAN-KIND....AMEN.
Abubakr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Apr 25, 2005
Modern Christianity's sin is your idol worship. Praying towards a statue or portrait of Jesus and having statues and portraits of the Virgin Mary. How can you commit such sin as to try and personalize a Prophet?? Shame on you.

Redeem yourself. Follow the final path laid out by the All Merciful God. Follow the true path which is Islam and the Kingdom of Heaven will await you on that most final of days, Judgment Day.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2005
Lol buddy ... lol. Here a Hezbollah is sermonizing. Anyways I agree with you guys (liban and Abu Baker). One thing I found out was whether it was Jew, Christain or Muslim - The faith of the ppl in God is decreasing. For example I have know many Christians who said "It's impossible to follow the ten Commandments" and Jews who have said " Nah God won't diss me if I f***" and Muslims who have said " God won't do anything if I drink only if I get drunk!". So my point is every religion has it's peak the it splits into sects and then real facts are lost (eg case of bible and Torah, it was said David had s** with neighbour, Lot slept with his daughters etc.) which were all false, cos these arent small crimes , these are huge sins if u see in these monotheist religion perspective. If one does some research one finds that indeed Bible and Torah were changed by some kings of some empires so they could manipulate or meet their benefit.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 26, 2005
The method by which the answer can be found is to clear away the superficial differences in the teachings of the various claimants to the ultimate truth, and identify the central object of worship to which they call, directly or indirectly.

Well said!
Peace brother. I like to apologise if I sounded rude. That was never my intention. So forgive me.

What I like to say is..Christianity and Muslim IS going to be the only 2 choices left to those who truely seek God.

I would like to change this exchange of words into an exchange of information cocerning our teachings. The argument between these 2 religion has taken place countless times and by many incredibly smart people and therefore I think I should give a rest.
Lets instead exchange what we know. If things work out right....you mihgt actually lead me into becoming a Muslim or me leading you into becoming a Christian. I hope you would agree because I am very interested in what the koran teaches. I have many Muslim friends and I find them very nice people.

Before we start..Liban. No Christians worships some stupid statue of Jesus because no one knows what Jesus looks like and that bowing to any graven image is a sin. And nobody worships Mary. Not even the Catholics. mary is dead lying in some grave somewhere. Any Catholic will laugh at you if you tell them they worship Mary.

Right, Abubakr. I hope I can start off asking the questions.
The Holy bible has never mentioned Mohammed so theres very little I know about him. Muslims do not worship Mohammed and that he is just a prophet. Am I right? 10 commandments says we can only worship the Lord our God. Therefore no one else is to be worshipped. That goes the same for the Christians.

Since the Holy Bible is way older then the Koran, let me quote you some sentences that says something about Jesus. So that we can discuss on it. And hopefully you can share some scriptures that clearly states Jesus is not what we think he is.

Matthew 1:23. "Behold, the virgin shall concieve in her womb,and will bear a son. And they will call His name Emmanuel," which being interpreted is, God with us.

er...we will continue...gotta get back to work.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 26, 2005
Sniper420, Hizbullah is Shia, I am not Shia but they are my Muslim brothers and I will support them and love them, just as God commanded me to.

ABS - I suggest you rent a 1976 movie called "The Message" starring Anthony Quinn (awesome actor). The film one all kinds of academy awards. The movie will show you the birth of Islam in a way never done before. I REALLY recommend that epic film.

If Christians do not bow to "some stupid statue of Jesus" to quote you, then why is it that when you walk into a church you kneel ever so slightly and do a trinity cross movement with your hands, or you have idol statues all over your church, or you have idol statues of Jesus on a cruxifix in your home and when you look at it you expect a statue to protect you from evil and you sometimes also lower your head and do the trinity cross symbol with your hands.

Christianity is a beautiful religion and Jesus a great prophet, stop doing your religion a grave injustice.

And if statues are nothing but "stupid things" and the 10 commandments tell you to worship the one true God then why do catholic families have their own patron saints that are held in such high esteem and are looked upon to save a family from harm and pain?

Christianity is a beautiful religion and Jesus a great prophet, stop doing your religion a grave injustice.

Why do you even haqve a trinity???? Thats just a bastardization of Jesus's teachings which in reality are God's words spoken through a man's mouth... The Holy Spirit? The Father? The Son??????? Dude, there is one God and thats God Himself. No fathers, no spirits, and no sons.

And Mohammed PUB was not "just a prophet", he was the greatest and was the last in a great line of prophets dating back to the days Abraham. But prophets are not to be revered for prophets asking for reverence are false prophets and should be cast away and shunned. So stop revering Jesus for he is not a false prophet but a true prophet of God and you do him disservice by claiming he is your savior and your "Lord". Only God Allmighty is the Lord and Savior of man's soul. Nothing and no one can ever change that.

God is eternal and God is great and do not shun His True Teachings with your idol talk of some son that doesn't exist. Instead, honor His prophet Jesus as the man chosen to spread His word just as Abraham and Moses before him and Mohammad after him.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2005
Liban wrote:Sniper420, Hizbullah is Shia, I am not Shia but they are my Muslim brothers and I will support them and love them, just as God commanded me to.

ABS - I suggest you rent a 1976 movie called "The Message" starring Anthony Quinn (awesome actor). The film one all kinds of academy awards. The movie will show you the birth of Islam in a way never done before. I REALLY recommend that epic film.

If Christians do not bow to "some stupid statue of Jesus" to quote you, then why is it that when you walk into a church you kneel ever so slightly and do a trinity cross movement with your hands, or you have idol statues all over your church, or you have idol statues of Jesus on a cruxifix in your home and when you look at it you expect a statue to protect you from evil and you sometimes also lower your head and do the trinity cross symbol with your hands.

And if statues are nothing but "stupid things" and the 10 commandments tell you to worship the one true God then why do catholic families have their own patron saints that are held in such high esteem and are looked upon to save a family from harm and pain?

Why do you even haqve a trinity???? Thats just a bastardization of Jesus's teachings which in reality are God's words spoken through a man's mouth... The Holy Spirit? The Father? The Son??????? Dude, there is one God and thats God Himself. No fathers, no spirits, and no sons.

And Mohammed PUB was not "just a prophet", he was the greatest and was the last in a great line of prophets dating back to the days Abraham. But prophets are not to be revered for prophets asking for reverence are false prophets and should be cast away and shunned. So stop revering Jesus for he is not a false prophet but a true prophet of God and you do him disservice by claiming he is your savior and your "Lord". Only God Allmighty is the Lord and Savior of man's soul. Nothing and no one can ever change that.

God is eternal and God is great and do not shun His True Teachings with your idol talk of some son that doesn't exist. Instead, honor His prophet Jesus as the man chosen to spread His word just as Abraham and Moses before him and Mohammad after him.

I know Hizb is Shia and U r thier spy! lol jk. Yeah I have watched the movie and have it with moi dvd version ( collector of movies). I am waiting for the release of Kings of Heavens on May 6th. I guess they pictured the Muslims quite bad there.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 27, 2005
I would suggust you guys to go to www.sunniforums.com good for both muslims and mom-muslims. There are lots of scholars there.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
Sniper420: Where did you get it, in Canada? Is it PAL or NTSC?

Also yeah Kingdom of Heaven will make muslims look bad you are right... Some whore sleeping with the enemy... I have gotten used to modern western movies making us muslims look like stupid shits....

BTW, are you Muslim?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
Liban. Only the Catholic do that 1 third way bow down thinking that they are on Holy ground. I believe that the place is holy ground only when God says so. So i really don't know what authority the architect has.

I am actually quite surprise that Jesus was mentioned in the Quran.

I will need to look into it more. An English Quran is what I will try to get.

The search for God is a never ending thing. I will definitely be seeking His face until I die and see him in person.

The thing I believe I can say with everybody agreeing is that..we all seek God. We love Him but not as much as He loves us. The only question thats left is "Which is the right path that leads to salvation."

Does Mohammed has another name in the Holy Bible? I mean..like Jesus is Esa or Isa in the Quran.
I appreciate the help. Thank you all so much.
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2005
ABS - My apologies if I came on too strong. I felt you were attacking my religion and I got angry, I souldn't have because God directs us Muslims to be fair and gentil with even those who seek to hurt us (not saying thats what you want).

You know that when the prophet was hurt once during an attack on his person, it was a Christian man that helped him and tried to soothe his pain. That same man had converted to Islam some time down the line and fought with the first Muslims when the then idol worshiping Meccans waged war against them.

Issa is not another name for Jesus. It is simply his name in arabic. Mohammad has no english translation, but there is mention of him in the Torah and the Bible: http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Aegean/6377/

As for the right path. For me it is Islam. Islam doesn't allow for forced conversions of others. What is allows for is tolerence, understanding and compassion. We are encourage to teach the words of God (Allah in arabic) and from there people can make what they want of those words.

I am by far no theologian and I do not know all of what there is to know of Islam and for that I bow my head in shame. But I am trying to learn to the best of my abilities and with God's eternal love, help and support.

You are, ABS, one of the People of the Book, and for that you have my respect and admiration.

Salam (Peace)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
ABS - Please try to find and rent or buy yourself a copy of The Message. You will tank me later. It is such a great movie that respects the life and times of the prophet. Some non-Muslims I know saw it and they were brought to tears and basically told me that they had no idea and thanked me for showing them the true face of Islam and the prophet.

We are not a bunch of terrorists out to get you... :cry:

The Message on Amazon (its probably in NTSC format there but you could probably find it anywhere in Dubai):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/de ... 3?v=glance
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
I got it from ma friend. If you guys really want it I will find a way so you can download.. i.e if I find a way. :)
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
Sniper420, please, yes if you can. Thanks dude...

PS - Are you Muslim?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
Thank you Liban.
I never attack Muslims.
Infact I actually stood up for Islam because of how some Christian forums spoke of the Muslims.
Because I have quite a few Muslim friends ,I knew that was not true. So I had to tell them that Islam does not equals to Terrorism and I actually got bombarded pretty badly. I just feel that people should go in depth when it comes to such things and not just presume things based on a few nutheads (Fanatic Muslims that has probably never read the Quran) spreading worldwide fear.

We must continue to ask God for guidance because only He can lead us the right way. We just need to open our eyes and open our heart.
I just pity those people out there that does not believe in God.
Saying that its just some fairy tales.
Well tell that to Albert Einstein, Isaac Newton, Galileo Gallelli or Leonardo DaVinci. They are probably the smartest man that ever lived (near our generation)..and they believe...no..I should say "know" that theres got to be a God.

Salam
abs
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 28, 2005
We should not pity them as much as we should help them seek God. Start by having them beleive in the All Mighty and then let them get into religion. Obviously if we are talking about some poor African tribal person that knows nothing outside his tribe, I doubt that he will be sent to hell if he dies....

But someone who knows of God's existance or at least has heard of God and dismisses Him, well that person will face a not so pretty prospect on that most final of days... Judgement Day, the day that will end all days... When even we Muslims acknowledge that Jesus and all the angels will come down to Earth.

May God have mercy on our souls on that day. A day, which according to Islamic and also I think Christian scripture, which is arriving faster than we think. The signs are all here...

But now I am going off on an entirely different relm of thought... :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 28, 2005
Oh yeah on the Judgement Day, the dead will also walk the Earth. I think the Bible says that too, right? :?
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 29, 2005
That is correct. All shall be raised to be judged.
But for the Christians...it will be the return of the Son of God(Jesus).

And yes...it is coming faster then most think. All the signs are here indeed.
Keep your eyes on Israel and Palestine and that "so call" Peace treaty.
And when the Devil comes...he will declare himself as god. :x
abs
Dubai forums Addict

FOR MUSLIMS TOO.. Apr 30, 2005
MAY PEACE BE UPON YOUR SOULS, HEARTS, MINDS, AND BODIES...

WE ARE ALSO EXPECTING HIS RETURN TO EARTH....MAY PEACE BE UPON HIM...MY BELOVED MESSENGER...YOU KNOW SOMETHING...IN ARABIC....HIS NAME IS "MASSEH", AND THAT COMES FROM "MASSSH" OVER PEOPLE'S BODIES TO HEAL WITH GOD'S WILL..MASSH MEANS RUB..i.e. rubbing their bodies to cure...
Abubakr
Dubai Expat Wannabe

May 03, 2005
Sounds like it came from the word "Messiah"
Which means "Saviour"
abs
Dubai forums Addict

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums