Man’s Ignorance: Sheikh Tariq Jameel

Topic locked
Man’s Ignorance: Sheikh Tariq Jameel Nov 04, 2007
SaalamAlaikum
This is a simple translation from the speech that Sheikh Tariq Jameel gave when he was in Canada. This speech was a turning point in my life. I will be continuing it in parts. I have added words so that no misunderstanding takes place. If you have feedback, I am all ears.

Man’s Ignorance

This human being is very weak.

Allah himself says, “Man was created weak.” (An-Nisa 4:28)

“Verily, man was created very impatient.” (Al-Maarij 70:19)

“Verily, he was unjust (to himself) and ignorant” (Al-Ahzab 33:72)

Certain men are doctors. Some have degrees from Western countries. But even then, Allah says this man is ignorant. Allah didn’t use the word ‘Jahil’ meaning ignorant. But Allah used the word “Jahoolan” which means greatly ignorant.

What does this mean? It means that whatever this man has learned in his 30 or so years. This is very less compared to what he doesn’t know.

Being a doctor, engineer, businessman, scientist or economist, whatever he has learned in 50 years is very less. That what he has not learned or recognized has no limit.
What he has learned has a limit, what he doesn’t know has no limit. Thus in reality, he is ignorant on many matters.

And they are more ignorant than us who have not recognized Allah. That Muslim that runs a simple market stall is very knowledgeable. [People who have market stalls in Asian countries are poor people and are generally looked down upon.]
And that scientist who is a disbeliever is very ignorant and unaware [in matters of the purpose of his life]. Though, he might know minute details of an atom. But since he did not recognize Allah nor Muhammed (saw). And then neither did he acknowledge that there is heaven or hell. Thus, he is ignorant.

Those simple people [Muslims] that dwell in the desert or the ones that live in the mountainous regions, they are far learned than all the scientists [disbelievers]. [This is not to say that science is not important. But rather, this is to imply the great value of faith.]

Why?
Because they know that God is one and that Muhammed (saw) is His Messenger. And there is accountability after death. And then there is heaven and hell. How much he practices is another issue. However, the greatest knowledge that he can acquire in this world has been given to him.

SheikhOnDeRun
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 05, 2007
Excuse me for saying (I am just inquisitive) - If Allah created man and made him ignorant - what the point in doing that?

Either Allah did not do a very good job, or perhaps he was busy and needed to rush the job and made a few mistakes or perhaps he had a divine plan?
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

Nov 05, 2007
And if Allah is all powerful, you'd think he'd be able to fix it.

I'm not weak, I don't believe in God and I won't be going to heaven or indeed hell. My brain is run by electrical impulses, and when they go I am dead and everything I've experienced will be gone. Damn those nasty sciences for getting in the way of a perfectly good brainwashing.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 15, 2007
when "He" presented the idea of creation of Man, the very first question which was asked was exactly the same.

They said " Why would you create something like this".

Its strange isnt it that the creator knows that he has created something which is weak and he knows that Man will do harm and will be disastrous.

Even then he goes ahead and created such a social animal.

He has spoken his mind very clearly in all his books but there is nobody who is really willing to know. we just love to ask the same question which was asked even before he did it.

A muslim's mind in todays world is stuck on one point "Heaven" because they have created living hell around them by ignoring "Him" and thats where all Mullahs and sheikhs are getting their earnings from.

Of course heaven will attract them because thats the only way out their mind see in all the misrey arround them.

Two extremes, One in the East and one in the West, and Truth lies somewhere in the middle of these two.
shahrez
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 29, 2007
jabbajabba wrote:Excuse me for saying (I am just inquisitive) - If Allah created man and made him ignorant - what the point in doing that?

Either Allah did not do a very good job, or perhaps he was busy and needed to rush the job and made a few mistakes or perhaps he had a divine plan?

That would require a whole new thread. This goes into questioning Allah's intentions and playing with logic. I would have to take a lot of time out to talk regarding this which I don't have right now.
SheikhOnDeRun
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 30, 2007
SheikhOnDeRun wrote:This goes into questioning Allah's intentions and playing with logic.

Ahhhh, playing with logic. In other words, putting human characteristics on to a god to make them more appealing. A very common theme in all world religions.
scot1870
Dubai Expat Helper

Nov 30, 2007
Yeah 'Man' was ccreated ignorant! That's why he created 'Woman' and got it right!

Nah na na na nah!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 01, 2007
SheikhOnDeRun wrote:
jabbajabba wrote:Excuse me for saying (I am just inquisitive) - If Allah created man and made him ignorant - what the point in doing that?

That would require a whole new thread. This goes into questioning Allah's intentions and playing with logic. I would have to take a lot of time out to talk regarding this which I don't have right now.

There would have to be logic in the first place to make sense of.
jabbajabba
Dubai chat master

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums