Khahil Gibran

Topic locked
Khahil Gibran Feb 12, 2006
Hi My friends,

If there is anybody who loves Khalil Gibran.. I would like to be their friend. Coz I love his writings. I am also a desciple of Osho - an Indian mistic who had his own ways. I practice Vipassana - a meditation technic re-discovered by Goutama the Budha, who was a great master from India. Spirituality attacts me a lot. .. Vipassana gave a light in my life.. Budha said - 'Be a light unto yourself' - then you will be peaceful.

Shravan

Shravan
Dubai Forum User

Feb 13, 2006
"Administrator cum Accountant" .... :roll:

what has happened to the world ...
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 13, 2006
who is he?
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 14, 2006
Famous Lebanese poet/writer/philosepher of the 19th century.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Feb 28, 2006
The PROPHET, by Kahlil Gibran
Table of Contents @ http://www.columbia.edu/~gm84/gibtable.html

To read please click on the desired chapter

Almustafa, the chosen and the beloved, who was a dawn onto his own day, had waited twelve years in the city of Orphalese for his ship that was to return and bear him back to the isle of his birth.

And in the twelfth year, on the seventh day of Ielool, the month of reaping, he climbed the hill without the city walls and looked seaward; and he beheld the ship coming with the mist.

Then the gates of his heart were flung open, and his joy flew far over the sea. And he closed his eyes and prayed in the silences of his soul.

But as he descended the hill, a sadness came upon him, and he thought in his heart:

How shall I go in peace and without sorrow? Nay, not without a wound in the spirit shall I leave this city.
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Feb 28, 2006
Liban wrote:Famous Lebanese poet/writer/philosepher of the 19th century.

Famous Lebanese-American author Kahlil Gibran :shock:
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
Lebanese American???

What kind of crack pipe to you smoke.

He is Lebanese from the heart of the Jebel Lubnan range.... He is one of Lebanon's National Symbols.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2006
Liban wrote:Lebanese American???

What kind of crack pipe to you smoke.

He is Lebanese from the heart of the Jebel Lubnan range.... He is one of Lebanon's National Symbols.

Gibran Kahlil Gibran was born

Emigrated with his two sisters and half-brother to Boston, U.S.A. settling in Chinatown.

http://www.poemhunter.com/kahlil-gibran ... oet-28808/

Published in New York, al-Musiqa

Published in New York 'Ara'is al-Muruj

Published in New York, al-Arwah al-Mutamclrrida

Started to spend long intervals in New York City

Became a resident of New York City. Published in New York, al-Ajniha al-Mutakassira

Published in New York Dam a wa Ibtisaima

Published in New York, The Madman

Published in New York, Twenty Drawings

Published in New York, Sand and Foam

Published in New York, Jesus, The Son of Man

Published in New York, The Earth Gods

etc. , etc. , etc. ...
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 01, 2006
Thankyou for that kind biography.

Khalil Gibran is Lebanese... He may have held a US passport, but he is Lebanese
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 01, 2006
Liban wrote:Thankyou for that kind biography.

U.S. Postage Stamp For Kahlil Gibran
Americans for Kahlil Gibran U.S. Postage Stamp Committee
is at work soliciting support for the issuance of a commemorative U.S. postage stamp honoring the American literary legend Kahlil Gibran, (1883-1931) who migrated to America from Lebanon in 1895. He was a prolific poet, author, philosopher, and artist. His message of tolerance and compassion remains a symbol of unity, democracy, and peace for people of all nations. "This national drive is aimed at honoring the American literary legend and we urge the American public and officials to assist in the realization of a postage stamp for Gibran," said Robert S. Andrews, Sr., chairman. In 1991, President George Bush dedicated the Gibran Memorial Garden in Washington, D.C.
You may download the petition by visiting: www.arab-american-affairs.net and click on Gibran stamp.
Mail your supportive petitions and letters to:
Americans for Kahlil Gibran
U.S. Postage Stamp Committee
P. O. Box 291159
Los Angeles, CA 90027

--------------------
Kahlil Gibran of America
by Dr. Suheil Bushrui
http://www.alhewar.com/Gibran.html

America is in some ways entitled to claim Kahlil Gibran for one of her own sons as much as his native Lebanon. For he spent only the first twelve years of his life in Bisharri, the village where he was born in 1883, before emigrating with his family to the United States. Apart from two brief return visits to Lebanon and a two-year studentship in Paris, he lived out the last two-thirds of his life, including virtually all of his adulthood entirely on American soil. He died in New York at the age of 48.

--------------------

:?:
Richard Owl Mirror
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Mar 02, 2006
Richard Owl Mirror wrote:
Liban wrote:Thankyou for that kind biography.

U.S. Postage Stamp For Kahlil Gibran
Americans for Kahlil Gibran U.S. Postage Stamp Committee
is at work soliciting support for the issuance of a commemorative U.S. postage stamp honoring the American literary legend Kahlil Gibran, (1883-1931) who migrated to America from Lebanon in 1895. He was a prolific poet, author, philosopher, and artist. His message of tolerance and compassion remains a symbol of unity, democracy, and peace for people of all nations. "This national drive is aimed at honoring the American literary legend and we urge the American public and officials to assist in the realization of a postage stamp for Gibran," said Robert S. Andrews, Sr., chairman. In 1991, President George Bush dedicated the Gibran Memorial Garden in Washington, D.C.
You may download the petition by visiting: www.arab-american-affairs.net and click on Gibran stamp.
Mail your supportive petitions and letters to:
Americans for Kahlil Gibran
U.S. Postage Stamp Committee
P. O. Box 291159
Los Angeles, CA 90027

--------------------
Kahlil Gibran of America
by Dr. Suheil Bushrui
http://www.alhewar.com/Gibran.html

America is in some ways entitled to claim Kahlil Gibran for one of her own sons as much as his native Lebanon. For he spent only the first twelve years of his life in Bisharri, the village where he was born in 1883, before emigrating with his family to the United States. Apart from two brief return visits to Lebanon and a two-year studentship in Paris, he lived out the last two-thirds of his life, including virtually all of his adulthood entirely on American soil. He died in New York at the age of 48.

--------------------

:?:

U r right Richard. I hate the idea of nationalism. PPl like Liban jump up and claim a guy like Gibrain as lebanese when he is famous yet when some lebanese does some crime , he will say "that ain't Lebanese style!" My poin t is before he is American or Lebanese, he is a human being first and rest later. Eventhough logically I would say he is American because he spent most of his life in America, if we were to base nationality cos parents' origin then all of em would trace their ancestors to Mesopotamia , Harrappa , etc then those Mesopotamians to Adam and Eve or maybe to Chimps if Darwin was right. Anyways my point is nationalism should be kept to minimum and humanism first
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
Khalil was an Arab by race and Lebanese by origins. No matter what people say, that will always be a fact.
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
u will remain a fool no matter what ppl say
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mar 02, 2006
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums