A Glimpse Of Life At Guantanamo Bay Detention Camp:

Topic locked
A glimpse of life at Guantanamo Bay detention camp: Nov 17, 2005
Saudis who have just been released from Guantanamo Bay detention camp narrate what is happening in there:

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/sgazette ... 285465.XML

http://www.saudigazette.com.sa/sgazette ... 284690.XML

sabiqoon
Dubai Forums Member

Nov 28, 2005
Where is chocoholic..?
That person is good enough to fight and condemn some stupid and silly words, but I see no action from her on regard to such stuff in Guantanamo. Hmm..maybe thats because the Israeli vampires are not involved, so she let go this one :idea:

Some people do talk a lot, and do less. Like a feather on a balance, no weight is recorded.

*sigh*
symmetric
BANNED

Nov 28, 2005
Actually on I didn't want to talk about this as I'm bored of talking about political subjects and getting shouted down for it, but if you insist!

No one has the right to treat anyone the way these detainees are being treated, the Geneve Convention obviously seems not to apply in these circumstances for some bizarre reason.

Many of the people being held in Guantanamo Bay are being done so for no apparent reason and it's about time someone did something about it.

The Americans have admitted to using torturous methods to extract information from prisoners, this is nothing new, and certainly nothing new of people of any nationality being detained in such a manner. It happend to the soldiers captured duribg the forst Gulf War, some of the torture techniques used on them were nothing short of barbaric, but it's still not justified in Guantanamo Bay at all.

But, I do have to question the authenticity of what the Saudi Gazette is printing. We all know that things are happening, but do you seriously think the people in charge are checking what information gets out?

THe Human Rights Association needs to get in there personally and check things out, otherwise it's all hearsay through third or forth parties and you know how Chinese whispers go.

I know that Symmetric is going to have a go at me for that last comment, but as someone who's doing a degree in journalism, I have to ask that question.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Nov 29, 2005
*yawn* same shit same crap . *YAWWWWWWWWWWWn* same shit from choco makes me even bored.
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2005
STRANGE THAT THIS THREAD IS SOOOO QUIET?????
shaakira
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 30, 2005
This story is nothing new... and not far from what one would expect.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 30, 2005
sniper420 wrote:*yawn* same shit same crap . *YAWWWWWWWWWWWn* same shit from choco makes me even bored.

Exactly why I couldn't be bothered to comment on it in the first place. This stuff has been going on for ages now, it's nothing new. Happens everywhere.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Dec 05, 2005
As Rush said "its club gitomo" you go there and relax get free food, free beds, its a spa and the soldiers are just blowing off steam :)...oh and Bush does not condon torture even though he is blocking the senate from banning torture use and the is the biggest human rights advocate this year so please its club gitmo, we should send chenney, rumsfeld,ryce and bush they need a vacation especially that all previous vacations for bush (God knows they were so many) have been in Texas so of course he needs something exciting and new!
lone_wolf
Dubai Forums Member

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums