Bombing In Dahab - Egypt

Topic locked
Bombing in Dahab - Egypt Apr 25, 2006
Another senseless act and killing of innocents.

Cairo: More than thirty people were killed and 150 wounded by three explosions in the Egyptian Sinai resort town of Dahab on Monday, rescue and security officials said.

Witnesses said smoke billowed up from the town's tourist bazaar, and residents said they saw body parts and debris on the street after an explosion at a restaurant.

Police said the explosions hit the central part of the city at 7.15 pm when the streets would have been jammed with holidaymakers strolling the streets, shopping or looking for a restaurant or bar for evening festivities.

Hotels and guesthouses would have been full not only of foreigners but also Egyptians who were celebrating the long Coptic Christian Easter weekend that coincided this year with Shem Al Nessim, the ancient holiday marking the first day of spring.

The explosions took place at the Nelson Restaurant, the Aladdin Cafeteria and the Ghazala Supermarket, the Interior Ministry said.
President Hosni Mubarak said the blasts were a "sinful terrorist action."

US President George W. Bush condemned the deadly explosions and vowed to bring terrorists to justice.

"Today we saw again that the terrorists are willing to try to define the world the way they want to see it," Bush said during a speech in Las Vegas, Nevada.

In Israel, the country's rescue service said it had raised the alert level.

Israeli Channel 10 TV reported that Israel had closed the border crossing at Taba, preventing vehicles from entering Sinai.

It was the third set of three explosions on the eastern coast of the Sinai peninsula since October 2004, when a group attacked the Hilton hotel in the border resort of Taba and two other resorts on the northeast coast, killing 34 people.

Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
This really makes me wonder just how long it will be before something happens here!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
Depends of the payoffs these guys receive become insufficient :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 25, 2006
That did cross my mind!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
I will fly away if bomb here zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 25, 2006
Geraint, trouble is no-where is very safe these days. Where can you honestly go that doesn't have troubles or threats or some sort from one group or another.

I think you're unlucky if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but there are obvious hotspots which you can avoid, but who wants to live their life not taking chances and dodging places because of some loonies or nutters, who're so cowardly they can't tackle things head on or engage in itenlligent discussions and only have the mentality to murder and maim - it's really very very sad.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 25, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Geraint, trouble is no-where is very safe these days. Where can you honestly go that doesn't have troubles or threats or some sort from one group or another.

I think you're unlucky if you're in the wrong place at the wrong time, but there are obvious hotspots which you can avoid, but who wants to live their life not taking chances and dodging places because of some loonies or nutters, who're so cowardly they can't tackle things head on or engage in itenlligent discussions and only have the mentality to murder and maim - it's really very very sad.

Maybe u are right. just try to make myself be safe always.
geraintindxb
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2006
Who’re so cowardly they can't tackle things head on or engage in intelligent discussions and only have the mentality to murder and maim...................................
US. Bush and his anti Muslim oil thieving friends
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2006
Don't feed the troll :wink:
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

Apr 28, 2006
Agreed Mr&Mrs - I think your sentiments should also apply to nations as well..there will be less killing all round if that were the case!

I also note with dismay that the killing has re-started in Sri Lanka. Interestingly I have not found one media source linking the suicide bombings there to Hinduism... (although many sources say that the Tigers were the ones that started using suicide bombings in modern times). Hmm
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 28, 2006
Who’re so cowardly they can't tackle things head on or engage in intelligent discussions and only have the mentality to murder and maim...................................

Hmm, the US who specifically target milatary locations............. or an idiot with a back-pack, who being too cowardly to attack anybody who could actually fight back decides to let off his payload in a busy tube train, INTENTIONALLY killing and maiming innocents......

A tricky one that!
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2006
G - explain to us then why the US military doesn't even care to count the number of Iraqi casualties in the war and whether you are saying the US never killed any civilians in this war?

Does thinking there are combatants in a civilian house make it a military target that should be bombed? Intentions are one thing, body bags and graves are another.

Care to comment on how Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets?

More condemnation should go to the side that has killed more - if you value all human lives equally. If you don't.. well there is a word for that state of mind.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 28, 2006
Hey Shaf - I'm not saying civilians haven't been killed in Iraq, all I'm saying is that they were not primarily targetting civilians as a strategy, although I can't say that for the other US atrocities that you mention.

Point I'm making is there's a lot of anti-West/anti US feeling on this forum and most of it is based upon the actions of a mindless few (not representative of the whole) which then get's picked up and used as propoganda and justification for further atrocities - re-reading it, this can be said of both parties actually!
G
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 28, 2006
G - you make your points well.

Most, if not all, of us here also agree with you that deliberately targeting civilians cannot be condoned in any way.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Apr 29, 2006
Evil U.S… next target–Iran

It has become increasingly obvious over the past few months that the U.S. government and its military-industrial cohorts, bogged down by freedom fighters in Iraq and desperately in need of a “victory”, insensibly think that they can bomb, and possibly even nuke,
Iran – a civilization far older and richer than theirs - back into the stone age, while the rest of the world, especially the Islamic world, watches in impotent horror, fury and sadness.
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

Apr 29, 2006
Another country with rich oil reserve :?:
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Apr 29, 2006
Amazing how everyone seems to go off topic and always come back to the US, Iraq and Iran!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 29, 2006
You a couple of my friends were in Dahab and They were very close to one of the explosions that their room door exploded Thank God no one was injured but they saw alot of bodies in the hotel lobby.

I pray and hope that this will never happen to anyone or anywhere. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2006
You a couple of my friends were in Dahab and They were very close to one of the explosions that their room door exploded Thank God no one was injured but they saw alot of bodies in the hotel lobby.

I pray and hope that this will never happen to anyone or anywhere. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Wafaey
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 29, 2006
Bombs anywhere are wrong. The use of 'soft' civilian targets to create outrage and terror has always been the mainstay of the terrorist. The massacre in Luxor a few years ago had massive implications on the vital tourist industry in Egypt and this is just another attempt by the cowardly few to destroy a vital link in their economy.

The Bali bombing hut that particular location very hard also, but that was the intention.

Dubai is being built as a tourist haven, imagine the implications of a single incident here? Let us hope the intelligence and police forcesd here continue to keep us safe.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 30, 2006
G wrote:

Hmm, the US who specifically target milatary locations............. or an idiot with a back-pack, who being too cowardly to attack anybody who could actually fight back decides to let off his payload in a busy tube train, INTENTIONALLY killing and maiming innocents......

A tricky one that!

Carpet bombing a city full of civilians is not a military target...American Army has been practising this tactic for over 50 years, way before there was such thing as Al Qeada, Tamil Tigers, etc....

Horoshimo and Nagaski..

Vietnam

Bagdad

Falujah
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

Apr 30, 2006
Lionheart, Please stick to topic in this thread - we are talking about EGYPT!!! Not US, NOT Iraq, NOT Iran! There are other threads already discussing these things! If you have nothing to post on the atrocities in Egypt, then please do not post in this thread.

DK, you're right, although the bombings in Sharm Al Shekh last year have done little to deter tourists, when I was there earlier this year it was more packed than ever, however security was very tight around the main square and all hotels, clubs and many bars had metal detectors and security at all their entrances, so at least they're taking things seriously.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 30, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Lionheart, Please stick to topic in this thread - we are talking about EGYPT!!! Not US, NOT Iraq, NOT Iran! There are other threads already discussing these things! If you have nothing to post on the atrocities in Egypt, then please do not post in this thread.

DK, you're right, although the bombings in Sharm Al Shekh last year have done little to deter tourists, when I was there earlier this year it was more packed than ever, however security was very tight around the main square and all hotels, clubs and many bars had metal detectors and security at all their entrances, so at least they're taking things seriously.

I apologize for going off topic...
Lionheart
Dubai forums Addict

May 01, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:This really makes me wonder just how long it will be before something happens here!

yes i cant wait as well

at least the rents would go down after that

kidding
xibit
Dubai forums Addict

May 02, 2006
Invading Iraq spurred global terrorism

In its latest annual report on global terrorism, the U.S. State Department admitted that the number of “terrorist incidents” and deaths since America invaded Iraq, has increased largely because of the war itself.

Iraq war has endangered world
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

May 02, 2006
Oi - Egypt only please! Take that topic into one of the other posts where it's already being discussed!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

May 03, 2006
Sorry,

But you quoted Satan bush and there is the cause as the yank State Department admitted he spurred global terrorism so he is the cause and effect

P.s I will look into one of the other posts where it's already being discussed and will take it there if it pleases you
Mr & Mrs Inquirer
Dubai Forums Talker

May 03, 2006
I see validity in the argument. This is part of global terror therefore I have no qualms with discussing linked terror attacks.

Thanks George!
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

May 03, 2006
...Oh and Tony also... :roll:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums