Biblical War Crimes

Topic locked
Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 19, 2010
Eh when you are giving answers or asking questions, why do you live your logic and common senses out of the business. You don't always have to disagree you know..
How many earthquake machines do you think mankind will built that will shake not only few houses but so many villages, cities or infact a continent, all at the same time...It's crazeee...
You do know that natural disasters are acts of God. Do you deny it becouse your God is incapable?
If you wanna know what a natural disaster or an act of God is then read the story of prophet Moses, it's beautifully written and very impressive...
http://www.islamreligion.com/articles/3366/viewall/

On the other hand, If a normal human kills innocient people or an enemy, it cannot be an act of God but his personal will. Whereas an act of a prophet when killing another person cannot be without the permission of God due to their status quo and receiving revelation and being guided by God.
A proper God cannot ever order slaughtering of virgins, innocent people or babies or animals etc. etc.
In short, God cannot be less logical than what he created as humans.Okay.

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 20, 2010
Hey, you should tell that to Moses - who not only killed an Egyptian but murdered apostates according to the Koran.

Anyways, I'm curious if you condone the actions of humans if they were to cause an avalanche or tidal wave ??

I mean, they didn't kill anyone. That avalanche or wall of water was an act of God, right?
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

shafique wrote:I asked whether you were proud that you are more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda. We've established that I don't (and won't) share your views that the Israelites' actions can be condoned.

Are you ashamed of your views, or just ashamed to say whether you are proud to be a bigger fanatic than AQ?
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Hey, you should tell that to Moses - who not only killed an Egyptian but murdered apostates according to the Koran.

Remember he was a servant of God, not only an ordinary servant but a guided prophet who talked directly with God..
Eh,will you love God when your time comes to departure no matter what you're doing? like, even if you're killed sitting in a good al chair reading your book? or while being in fight with your brother?

Anyways, I'm curious if you condone the actions of humans if they were to cause an avalanche or tidal wave ??

if it's the actions of humans where it's deliberatly done to kill themselves and others, no..

Also, the avalanche or a wall of water can perfectly be an act of God where there is no human interference.

now how old are you that you cannot establish the difference between them? Not all your responses can be due to your stubborness against islam and islamic God you know. When are you gonna start to be a decent man whom we can have constructive talk with..
You sound as if you are out of this world. And as if someone not gonna share the same destiny like we all.
Are you waiting your Rapture Eh?
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

eh - the war crime you are condoning is described as genocide here:

The Old Testament describes the genocides of Amalekites and Midianites.[8] Jones quotes Jerusalem-based Holocaust Studies Professor Yehuda Bauer: "As a Jew, I must live with the fact that the civilization I inherited ... encompasses the call for genocide in its canon."[12]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_ ... efore_1490
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

now how old are you that you cannot establish the difference between them? Not all your responses can be due to your stubborness against islam and islamic God you know. When are you gonna start to be a decent man whom we can have constructive talk with..
You sound as if you are out of this world. And as if someone not gonna share the same destiny like we all.
Are you waiting your Rapture Eh?

The point is, is that Allah purposely causes suffering for humans. These are not natural disasters (some of them never even occur in nature) but catastrophic events purposely caused by Allah.
event horizon

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 21, 2010
We've acknowledged that you equate Acts of God with the war crimes of the Israelites. We've told you that you won't convince us to join you in equating a natural disaster with cold blooded massacres and rapes by humans.

Why are you avoiding the logical conclusion of your views?:

shafique wrote:I understand you have a logic to equate the enslavement of virgins and their rape with natural disasters. I just happen to not share this view - and think it rather perverse a way to justify murder and rape by Israelites.

The question though was whether you acknowledge you are more extreme than Al Qaeda and are proud of this fact.

I suspect I'll be repeating the question a few times. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique

Do you really think you'll convince anyone to join you in condoning the Biblical war crimes? Can you get one person to join you here and support your view (you may want to ask chev-the-chav - he's your best bet)

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 21, 2010
No rapes - that's your deviant imagination at work again.

The question is simple, has Allah caused suffering in the lives of countless innocent civilians? (We're not talking about real natural disasters, like the earthquakes of modern times, but destruction caused by Allah himself).
event horizon

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 22, 2010
Bumped the message below - it appears 'eh' is avoiding acknowledging that he is more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda!
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

So the virgins weren't raped (and you say I have an active imagination!) ? If they were, would you then condemn the Israelite's for enslaving 32,000 virgins after slaughtering in cold blood the non-virgins?

But the point is that you don't deny you are a more extreme religious fanatic than Al Qaeda because you condone what the Israelites did to the virgins after the massacres of the non-virgins.

Do you disagree with the quote I gave in the other thread that this crime is also a genocide:
The Old Testament describes the genocides of Amalekites and Midianites.[9] Jones quotes Jerusalem-based Holocaust Studies Professor Yehuda Bauer: "As a Jew, I must live with the fact that the civilization I inherited ... encompasses the call for genocide in its canon."[13]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genocides_ ... efore_1490

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Why don't you consult Hans Kung to see what he has to say ???
event horizon

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 23, 2010
I'm pretty sure he'll confirm you're a more extreme religious fanatic than Al Qaeda for condoning what Professor Yehuda Bauer says was a genocide - based on the empirical fact you are condoning the enslavement of virgins after the Israelites committed the genocide.

Do you think otherwise?

Are you proud to be more extreme than Al Qaeda?
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'll first have to look at my own posts before I can decide if I agree with you.

Why don't you quote them and, in the meantime, get around to answering my question if you agree with me that Allah causes suffering.
event horizon

:mrgreen:

Hey, so you want to change the subject and not address the topic of this thread - which is 'Biblical War Crimes'.

So, you don't deny the fact that you are condoning a genocide and are more extreme a religious fanantic than Al Qaeda.

The question you are avoiding though is:
Are you proud of this fact - that you are more extreme a religious fanatic than AQ?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

event horizon wrote:I'll first have to look at my own posts before I can decide if I agree with you.

Why don't you quote them and, in the meantime, get around to answering my question if you agree with me that Allah causes suffering.

What's so difficult about doing what I requested?
event horizon

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 24, 2010
If you want to start a thread about God causing suffering - fair enough, do so. There's a lot of suffering caused by God - from cancers, accidents, plagues, earthquakes etc - but I don't agree with you that these natural disasters as the same as Israelites enslaving virgins and slaughtering people in cold blood.

Your logic is no different from Al Qaeda and other religious extremists who say they are killing in the name of God. Only you go further and condone the enslavement of virgins who were spared so that the Israelites may 'use' them.

This thread is about Biblical war crimes - and the fact you are not confirming whether you are proud to be more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Biblical war crimes Mar 25, 2010
So do you think Al Qaeda is too soft for not agreeing with you that it's ok to enslave and rape virgins - just as long as 'god told you to do it'?

But then again, given you have claimed the LRA terrorists are Christian - and they DO actually practice enslavement and rape, do you condone or condemn them? (I presume as they aren't white or Israelite you'll have no problems in condemning these Christians for raping and slaughter - but perhaps you think the Israelites were better than the LRA?)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:If you want to start a thread about God causing suffering - fair enough, do so. There's a lot of suffering caused by God - from cancers, accidents, plagues, earthquakes etc - but I don't agree with you that these natural disasters as the same as Israelites enslaving virgins and slaughtering people in cold blood.

Your logic is no different from Al Qaeda and other religious extremists who say they are killing in the name of God. Only you go further and condone the enslavement of virgins who were spared so that the Israelites may 'use' them.

This thread is about Biblical war crimes - and the fact you are not confirming whether you are proud to be more extreme a religious fanatic than Al Qaeda.

Strawman.

I didn't say that God causes cancer, accidents or earthquakes that afflicts us today.

I'm saying that allah (and his followers) deliberately causes suffering to humanity by inflicting natural or unnatural disasters on disbelievers.

It's really a wow statement that you are unable to distinguish between the two.
event horizon

So you're not going to start a new thread?

But your diversionary tactic is transparent - I asked you:

shafique wrote:So do you think Al Qaeda is too soft for not agreeing with you that it's ok to enslave and rape virgins - just as long as 'god told you to do it'?

But then again, given you have claimed the LRA terrorists are Christian - and they DO actually practice enslavement and rape, do you condone or condemn them? (I presume as they aren't white or Israelite you'll have no problems in condemning these Christians for raping and slaughter - but perhaps you think the Israelites were better than the LRA?)
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

No - I don't support the suffering that allah (and his minions) inflicts on disbelievers - wiping out towns.

Wiping out generations of people.
event horizon

But you don't condone the 'Christian' Terrorists who kidnap and rape virgins - like the Israelites did.

Hmm.

You are a Tali-tubby aren't you?

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Biblical war crimes May 17, 2010
shafique wrote:Eh requested his quotes from this thread. So bumping this for easy reference.

We can post the response to this topic here, when it is answered in the Lars thread in the politics section.
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums