Afghani Converts To Christianity - Facing Death Penalty

Topic locked
Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Well in that case Liban, I can understand your frustrations.

By the way Voyager was the best Janeway kicked butt!

Its not frustration but rather a feeling of being annoyed at the current state of world events.

Oh and Voyager SUCKED MAJOR ASS....

Enterprise was the way to go...

Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
But Enterprise was pre-star trek. couldn't get into it. Plus I just can't get Scott Bakula out of my head playing Sam Becket in Quantum Leap - now there's a show!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 02, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:But Enterprise was pre-star trek. couldn't get into it. Plus I just can't get Scott Bakula out of my head playing Sam Becket in Quantum Leap - now there's a show!

Quanum Leap was a good show.

I dunno, I think that Enterprise its last year was superb.

Order of good Star Treks:

1 - Originals --> Crappy AV, but great character warmth
2 - DS9 --> Good AV, character interaction improved in the "dark phase" of the Dominion wars
3 - Enterprise --> I like T'Pol :) And also the series seemed promising
4 - ST: TNG --> It only did so well because people missed TV Star Trek after 20 years or so of no TV Trek. The show itself was not great per say.
5 - Voyager --> So boring with their dumb Delta Quadrant. Kept hoping for some Borg cube to destroy them or perhaps 7 of 9 going pyscho on their asses.....
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 02, 2006
Liban wrote:
Chocoholic wrote:But Enterprise was pre-star trek. couldn't get into it. Plus I just can't get Scott Bakula out of my head playing Sam Becket in Quantum Leap - now there's a show!

Quanum Leap was a good show.

I dunno, I think that Enterprise its last year was superb.

Order of good Star Treks:

1 - Originals --> Crappy AV, but great character warmth
2 - DS9 --> Good AV, character interaction improved in the "dark phase" of the Dominion wars
3 - Enterprise --> I like T'Pol :) And also the series seemed promising
4 - ST: TNG --> It only did so well because people missed TV Star Trek after 20 years or so of no TV Trek. The show itself was not great per say.
5 - Voyager --> So boring with their dumb Delta Quadrant. Kept hoping for some Borg cube to destroy them or perhaps 7 of 9 going pyscho on their asses.....

Now 7of 9...she could go psycho on my ass anyday!

Don't suppose there are any REAL anoraks out there who remember Blake's 7? Or for the youngsters: 'V'?

I have had a quick flick back through this post and I have to say it is quite bizarre how a discussion on the Quran and Islam has morphed into one on dodgy sci-fi series of the past! Where are we going here?

Knight
Dubai Knight
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Apr 02, 2006
Blakes 7 was brill
arniegang

Apr 02, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
I have had a quick flick back through this post and I have to say it is quite bizarre how a discussion on the Quran and Islam has morphed into one on dodgy sci-fi series of the past! Where are we going here?

Knight

:lol:

Less flames this way!!! :D

:lol:
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2006
Ahhhhh V - yes yes yes yes! There were rumours they were going to make an updated movie of it.

what was with the budgie eating chick!

Anyone like Dr Who? The Daleks you to scare the heck out of me - not bad for a pepper pot!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Ahhhhh V - yes yes yes yes! There were rumours they were going to make an updated movie of it.

Anyone like Dr Who? The Daleks you to scare the heck out of me - not bad for a pepper pot!

British Sci-Fi sucks!!! :D
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Ahhhhh V - yes yes yes yes! There were rumours they were going to make an updated movie of it.

Quite fancied the heroine of that one. Interesting fact file: The guy who played the alien who fell in love with the earth girl and created the 'Starchild' who saved the world...was Robert Englund. Aka. Freddy Kruger!!! He went on to write the Nightmare on Elm Street series and spin offs and played the lead part. Not so stoopid after all!

The Daleks!
Can't believe they used to have me hiding behind the sofa! Of course I never realised that all you had to do was go upstairs...and the were knackered!

:lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
Liban wrote:

British Sci-Fi sucks!!! :D

The attempts at serious stuff does. Check out Red Dwarf though. If that doesn't make you laugh...nothing will!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:The attempts at serious stuff does. Check out Red Dwarf though. If that doesn't make you laugh...nothing will!

Knight

I heard of that... :)

What I will say is that British actors are awesome for Sci-Fi movies. Somehow it sounds much more convincing with an English accent than with an American one... Actually even for epic movies the English accent is better....

But when you think logically... As if a Roman centurion or an Orion slave trader is going to speak in UK English :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2006
Liban wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:The attempts at serious stuff does. Check out Red Dwarf though. If that doesn't make you laugh...nothing will!

Knight

I heard of that... :)

What I will say is that British actors are awesome for Sci-Fi movies. Somehow it sounds much more convincing with an English accent than with an American one... Actually even for epic movies the English accent is better....

But when you think logically... As if a Roman centurion or an Orion slave trader is going to speak in UK English :P

Have to agree, John Wayne or Charlton Heston as Roman centurions?? Doesn't work! :lol: :lol:

As for Kevin Costner in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves...Pah! Morgan Freeman was good as Aziz though!

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Have to agree, John Wayne or Charlton Heston as Roman centurions?? Doesn't work! :lol: :lol:

As for Kevin Costner in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves...Pah! Morgan Freeman was good as Aziz though!

Knight

Yes Morgan Freeman did do a very good Aziz. Though the Moors were not black :P
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2006
Chocs

EXTERMINATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

arniegang

Apr 03, 2006
Liban wrote:
Dubai Knight wrote:

Knight

Yes Morgan Freeman did do a very good Aziz. Though the Moors were not black :P

Well he was quite pale...

:wink:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Apr 03, 2006
Dubai Knight wrote:
Well he was quite pale...

:wink:

Knight

As pale as the night sky in the Arabian desert :)
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Apr 03, 2006
Sorry bit behind on this one. I found some Red Dwarf series in Carrefore! I love it !

'Smeeeeegggg Heeaaaadddd'

'Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!' - hehehehe

Yeah Robinhood was a pretty good movie, but an American Englishman and a Scottish King of England - Hhheeeeellllllooooooo!!!!!

Although I loved Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham - the man is genius!
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Apr 04, 2006
Chocoholic wrote:Sorry bit behind on this one. I found some Red Dwarf series in Carrefore! I love it !

'Smeeeeegggg Heeaaaadddd'

'Smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast!' - hehehehe

Yeah Robinhood was a pretty good movie, but an American Englishman and a Scottish King of England - Hhheeeeellllllooooooo!!!!!

Although I loved Alan Rickman as the Sheriff of Nottingham - the man is genius!

Alan Rickman! Now there is a superstar!!!

Absolutely perfectly cast as Snape and he was about the only good thing in the original Die Hard! did you see him doing his p*ss take Spock impersonation in Galaxy Quest? Total genius!

Huge fan!

Knight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dubai Knight

posting in Philosophy and Religion ForumsForum Rules

Return to Philosophy and Religion Forums