Highly Recommended : Paradise Now

Topic locked
Highly Recommended : Paradise Now Jun 15, 2006

Paradise Now (الجنه الآن in Arabic) is a 2005 film directed by Hany Abu-Assad about two Palestinian men preparing for a suicide attack in Israel. It won a Golden Globe for best foreign language film and was nominated for an Academy Award in the same category. Playing now in Cinestar.

MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 15, 2006
Yes, it was the talk of the Dubai film festival last year - I think all sessions were sold out very quickly. Looking forward to seeing it.
sharewadi
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 15, 2006
Sounds good! Dunno why I havent heard of this movie... :o
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 16, 2006
I heard thay banned this in Canada. Jewish groups getting their feathers ruffled once again... I could be wrong though..
Liban
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 16, 2006
I'm not sure if it was banned in Canada, but here it is on a Canadian Website with a trailer for you guys that are interested.

http://cinemaclock.com/aw/crva.aw/p.clo ... e_Now.html
fayz
Dubai Forums Knight
Location: take a left at the Bebsi interchange, that is the Bebsi interchange

Jun 16, 2006
I dont think its banned in Canada. WB is distributing it, and its available in blockbuster for rent. You can also buy the DVD.

anyone went to watch it ? are you for or against suicide bombings ?
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 18, 2006
Just saw it. I thought it was good, except for the ending.... :o
A64Venice
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 19, 2006
Excellent movie. Although with all these politically based movies you never know how much is reality and how much is a situation enhanced for the theatrics. Seems like a lot of these political movies came out in the last year: Syriana, The War Within, Munich.....I guess there were a few more.
mraph33
Dubai Expat Helper

Jun 19, 2006
mraph33 wrote:Excellent movie. Although with all these politically based movies you never know how much is reality and how much is a situation enhanced for the theatrics. Seems like a lot of these political movies came out in the last year: Syriana, The War Within, Munich.....I guess there were a few more.

i might be baised, but let me tell you this. I think the movie actually diluted the reasons that would get a suicide bomber to strap some bombs and go blow up a bus. Okay they might have shown you the shitty refugee camp life compared to the glitzy tel aviv city (that scene is probably my favorite in the movie) .. but it was not stressed, it was very subtle.
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 20, 2006
EDITED

Unrelated to topic: Used political lingo in the wrong forum.

Regards,

The Moderator
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk