Anyone Saw The Movie < The Island >?...

Topic locked
anyone saw the movie < The Island >?... Oct 08, 2005
Today, i just saw this terrific movie edited by Michael Bay.............
and Ewan McGregor&Scarlett Johansson are acting the main roles.

i was ... what should i say, same human lives like us are labelled as products, their mind and actions and everything are controlled until they complete their duty to make another life continue.

i can not help cry when finally, the two escaped LINCON AND JORDEN finally they know how human beings are living, how they love and how do they kiss..... these are the rights of all human beings, and we are enjoying these things all the time, but it really takes great effort for them to get it.

i was thinking, if this is really going to happen in the future, and if this kind of service is available and you are rich enough to afford it, are you going to buy this service? to have a clone of yourself, and use parts of this clone to make your life going on?

Emily

eastbeauty
Dubai Forum Visitor

Oct 10, 2005
ya i saw the movie a few weeks back, its was really good .. except the last part of it got a bit cheesy ..

but all in all, i highly recommend the movie !
MaaaD
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: anyone saw the movie < The Island >?... Oct 17, 2005
eastbeauty wrote:Today, i just saw this terrific movie edited by Michael Bay.............
and Ewan McGregor&Scarlett Johansson are acting the main roles.

i was ... what should i say, same human lives like us are labelled as products, their mind and actions and everything are controlled until they complete their duty to make another life continue.

i can not help cry when finally, the two escaped LINCON AND JORDEN finally they know how human beings are living, how they love and how do they kiss..... these are the rights of all human beings, and we are enjoying these things all the time, but it really takes great effort for them to get it.

i was thinking, if this is really going to happen in the future, and if this kind of service is available and you are rich enough to afford it, are you going to buy this service? to have a clone of yourself, and use parts of this clone to make your life going on?

Emily

Imagine your end in this story:

--------------------------------------------

Your manager at work offers you to have a free trip to Fujeirah for diving experience, with 3 nights free in a luxury hotel. You explode happily and you accept it coz the best thing u would ever need in life stress is such a free vacation.

The hotel sends u their car to pick u up all the way. In the car u put your bags, diving tools and foods, and you ring your friends back in Dubai that u will be having nice new companies in the hotels ;)

You open your foods, eating in the way, listening to music, receiving calls from friends who decided to follow u to ‘spoil’ your nice time.

Suddenly you look around to find the car entering in some secret gateway hidden in one of Fujeirah Mountains! You ask: “where r we going?”. The car suddenly open, you get two guys with big mescals holding u from shoulders, opening the door, pushing you out, and no way to resist.

You scream, you shout, you curse, your threaten them of police, no body hear your echo but you.

They take you in a closed tunnel. At the end of it you see an operation table with few men with white dressing. Lighting, scissors, choppers, everything is ready for the operation!

They throw you on the table, bind your hands, middle and legs, and focus the lights on your eyes, launching electric saws to start cutting your peaces!

You beg for a second to breath, they give it to you. You ask: “for the god sake, tell me what’s happening? who r u? and what r u doing to me? where is the trip to Fujeirah? and why this is happening?”

One sound from outside the room will calmly tell you: “You r a product. Your time s come. The client needs your liver, kidney, eyes, lungs, coz he s doing general refreshment!”

You: “what is product? And who is the client? and who r you? ”

Sound: “U r a product made by us, just a copy of our client. The client is a billionaire person who is the original of you living outside this small world that we made for you. And we are an insurance agency. He paid us 4 million dollars to ‘create’ you. And now it is the time to use his product”

----------------------------------------------------------

Imagine that u have to die because you are just a product made for “you”.

Imagine the world around u is a scam, and you were born just 2 or 3 years ago while you think u ve lived 32 years, and all the memories inside you are faked and planted industrially in you.

For me, I would never have a clone of myself and let him die for me, because simply he will be me!

How painful is to really see the above story happing with you. And you know that the person who is suffering for you is just ‘you’. Your pain if somebody kill you will be his pain!

How can anybody bear to ‘create’ himself and kill himself for himself?

Apart of the action, which took more than the reasonable part, and came odd in the serious and sensitive proposal of the movie, the movie is fabulous. It spots again the area of human feeling inside us. It drives us to wonder more and more about our values.
Lee
Dubai Forums Member

Re: anyone saw the movie < The Island >?... Oct 18, 2005
Lee wrote:You open your foods, eating in the way, listening to music, receiving calls from friends who decided to follow u to ‘spoil’ your nice time.

Suddenly you look around to find the car entering in some secret gateway hidden in one of Fujeirah Mountains! You ask: “where r we going?”. The car suddenly open, you get two guys with big mescals holding u from shoulders, opening the door, pushing you out, and no way to resist.

You scream, you shout, you curse, your threaten them of police, no body hear your echo but you.

They take you in a closed tunnel. At the end of it you see an operation table with few men with white dressing. Lighting, scissors, choppers, everything is ready for the operation!

mmm why the hell fujeirah why ot satwa! And yes I was anticipating those "two guys with big mescals" were going to have fun (uncensored fun) other than some bio practical.

BTW if u r that syrian lee with russian gf then I have a word for u "u and ur analogue story suck big time! :lol:
sniper420
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 02, 2005
I saw that movie. The idea is fantastic but the way it is handled is so pragmatic so it kills the moral of the story.
Tracey
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Movies and Music TalkForum Rules

Return to Movies and Music Talk