Can We Change The Name In Our Visa And Passport ?

Topic locked
Can we change the name in our Visa and passport ? Jan 19, 2012
Hello !
My passport is in my maiden name and also my visa.
I want to change my name in both passport and visa now.
My visa was expired on jan 11th and i applied for renewal. Now , since the name in passport is still in maiden name . How can i go for change of name in Visa and passport ?
Actually , i was told to first renew my visa and then apply for change in passport.
My concern is that if the renewed visa also comes in my maiden name and i apply for change of name in passport then the visa attached to it in maiden name is still valid or not.
hence forth i want to know if there is any way where we can change the name in visa before applying for change in passport so that both have updated new names ?
please help me ...
thanks a lot.

vibs255
Dubai Forum Guest

Re: Can We Change The Name In Our Visa And Passport ? Jan 19, 2012
Really you should have got a new passport with your change of name first. If you appoly for a change I guess you'll just have to have your old passport with the visa in buond to it.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Can We Change The Name In Our Visa And Passport ? Jan 21, 2012
thanks a lot.
vibs255
Dubai Forum Guest

undefined Feb 06, 2014
I am a resident of Mumbai India.

I am re-locating to Dubai by this month end.

After coming to UAE I will apply for my family visa (wife + daughter).

My daughter has got her name changed within 1st year of her birth. By that time she had already received her passport with the old name.

I had made a gazette, 2 news paper advertisements and notary for her name change (as per Indian laws).

Last month I got her new passport with new name. We did not apply for name change in passport immediately since the validity of old passport was for 5 years only.

Please suggest what documents should I give for arranging my daughters UAE visa showing the new name?

Please reply at sams.foster@gmail.com
samsfoster
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

undefined Aug 13, 2015
How to remove my surname on valid dubai visa
rejeesh
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa