Cancellation Of VISA Without Passport

Topic locked
Cancellation of VISA without Passport May 24, 2011
Dear friends,
With ref. to my query about Visa cancellation, I contacted my company and they agree to cancel my Visa. But, they are asking my passport to be sent by courier along with signed cancellation form. My question is,
1. Is the passport a must for cancellation ?, because.I am worried whether am I legally allowed to send a passport by courier.
2. When they cancel the Visa, what will be stamped in the passport ? Will they stamp anything such as 6 month ban or something like that ?
3. Or is there any other way that my Visa shall be cancelled by my company w/o my original passport ?

Please advise my above queries. Thank you for your support so far.

Regards,
Daniel

rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Cancellation of VISA without Passport May 24, 2011
Well they need your passport, because they have to slap a big CANCELLED sticker over your visa. I do believe however, that this is possible without your passport, but I don't know how.

If you have not worked out your contract with your company and they're not a freezone company, you could well end up with a 6 month work ban.

Best bet is to contact the DNRD or Immigration and ask them.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Cancellation of VISA without Passport May 25, 2011
Thanks Choco,
Apart from slapping a big CANCELLED sticker, will there be any others word/statement saying that "This passport holder is in a ban for 6 months"....etc....etc....? Why I am asking this is because I am worried that will it affect my Visa process for other countries....
rajfrench
Dubai Expat Wannabe

Re: Cancellation of VISA without Passport May 25, 2011
As I said, there will be no ban from the UAE, but depending how you left your company, there might be a 'work' ban. But if you finished your contract, then all should be fine. Best to ask your company for an NOC just in case.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Re: Cancellation of VISA without Passport Oct 05, 2013
Sir, Please cancel my uae visa i cant go back uae some problems so you tell me i send u passport courier other simple process so you cancel my visa i m very thank full to you
Zaheemahmed
UAE, Dubai Forum starter

Re: Cancellation Of VISA Without Passport Apr 05, 2014
Hello All

I would like to know if anyone in this forum can help/advice me on this issue:

I was employed in a pvt consulting firm in Tecom FZ on the company visa on a limited contract from Sept 2013. the ocntract was limited for 3 years. Due to some family emergency i had to go back to my country and the situation is such that i cannot go back to UAe to resume my job. I had intimated my company about my absence immediately after landing in my country. I also resigned and send them the various insurance & tecom id cards after knowing the situation at home. they now want me to compensate 1.5mnths salary as per the labour laws and if i do not do so, they say they can report me as absconding.

my visa becomes in june 2014 by virtue of me being out of the country for 6mnths. I have not sent them my passport for cancellation since i am not in a position to travel currently and sending it through courier is risky.

I would like to know whether my employer can file a genuine case of absconding, since i have already communicated to them about my whereabouts through emails and have a copy of them all? what would happen to the visa after it becomes invalid? does it have to be cancelled to avoid problems for me in future..like avoiding problems during transit travel, etc?

Kindly advice

thank you
runa143
Dubai Forum Guest

posting in Dubai VisaForum Rules

Return to Dubai Visa