What Does This Mean?

Topic locked
What does this mean? Nov 07, 2006
Recently couple of weeks ago I was dumped by this fella, after a full on three month relationship, promising me the earth etc... love the full works.

Anyway it ended, I'm getting myself together, training at the gym. He saw me last night, keeps looking over. He just gets the hi and cu of me, what more can he expect. Anyway got text late last night saying.

"Hi, good to see you this evening working so hard. Hope all is okay? Would like to remain friends, tho understand if different at the moment. Regards."

So folks what does this mean, is he just naffed off that I've not contacted him since he 'disappeared' or does he just want us to be real 'buddies' now. I'm use to fellas just clearing off for a while after the deeds done.

MERLOT
Dubai Forum User

Nov 07, 2006
ask him to fcuk off. Cant trust such people!
easternjewel
Dubai Master of Thread Hijackers

Re: What does this mean? Nov 07, 2006
MERLOT wrote:"Hi, good to see you this evening working so hard. Hope all is okay? Would like to remain friends, tho understand if different at the moment. Regards."

So folks what does this mean.

Call me odd, but I think it means...

Hi, nice to see you.
Hope you're OK.
Can we still be friends?
I understand if you don't want to be.

Guys don't speak in riddles, we tell it as it is.
^ian^
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

^ian^ wrote:Call me odd, but I think it means...

Hi, nice to see you.
Hope you're OK.
Can we still be friends?

Ian, you're odd.

More like:

Damn girl, weight watchers hooked you up - you are looking fine again.
I wanna rattle your bones. Hit me back later if you with it.

Peace.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

XRW-147 wrote:
^ian^ wrote:Call me odd, but I think it means...

Hi, nice to see you.
Hope you're OK.
Can we still be friends?

Ian, you're odd.

More like:

Damn girl, weight watchers hooked you up - you are looking fine again.
I wanna rattle your bones. Hit me back later if you with it.

Peace.

Oh come on. People look for meaning in everything, most often when there's no meaning at all.
^ian^

Nov 07, 2006
easternjewel wrote:ask him to f&%K off. Cant trust such people!

i will go with that. Some men can't understand how women can be over them very soon so he must regret it now. forget friends anyway iam sure he has other agenda either he want you back or just hovering around you to see what is going on with your life and if you have someone now.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
i agree with EJ tell him to f**k off , he is a jerk and u dont want him in ur life .trust me ur better off without him
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
i think you should let him go, he doesnt means what he is saying... he difinelty has other intentions...
aarif
Dubai Forums Enthusiast

Nov 07, 2006
sara_uk wrote:
easternjewel wrote:ask him to f&%K off. Cant trust such people!

i will go with that. Some men can't understand how women can be over them very soon so he must regret it now. forget friends anyway iam sure he has other agenda either he want you back or just hovering around you to see what is going on with your life and if you have someone now.

exactly plus i think most men expect dumbed women to sit at home crying over them and waiting by the phone for them to call :evil: :evil: and when he saw u working out and looking good he was disappointed ... :x men can be jerks sometimes :x :x :x
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
Corcovado wrote:exactly plus i think most men expect dumbed women to sit at home crying over them and waiting by the phone for them to call :evil: :evil: and when he saw u working out and looking good he was disappointed ... :x men can be jerks sometimes :x :x :x

Probably a power / ego thing - thinking the woman will realize how good they are and want the person back when its quite the opposite in reality.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:
Corcovado wrote:exactly plus i think most men expect dumbed women to sit at home crying over them and waiting by the phone for them to call :evil: :evil: and when he saw u working out and looking good he was disappointed ... :x men can be jerks sometimes :x :x :x

Probably a power / ego thing - thinking the woman will realize how good they are and want the person back when its quite the opposite in reality.

lol agree , usually women feel better after looking back at their exs and say : " What the hell was i thinking??? :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
Corcovado wrote:
XRW-147 wrote:

lol agree , usually women feel better after looking back at their exs and say : " What the hell was i thinking??? :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: I agree especially when they meet someone much much better than the ex.
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
Bingo :lol: :lol:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 07, 2006
Typical response from a bunch of girls.

The guy might have been feeling bad, that's all.
^ian^

Nov 07, 2006
^ian^ wrote:Typical response from a bunch of girls.

The guy might have been feeling bad, that's all.

yeah yeah ... u guys defend each other ... he should 've known better and i am sure if she gets back with him he will dumb her again :evil:
Corcovado
Dubai Forums Veteran

MERLOT wrote: Anyway got text late last night saying.

"Hi, good to see you this evening working so hard. Hope all is okay? Would like to remain friends, tho understand if different at the moment. Regards."

So folks what does this mean, is he just naffed off that I've not contacted him since he 'disappeared' or does he just want us to be real 'buddies' now. I'm use to fellas just clearing off for a while after the deeds done.

IGNORE HIM! He's offering you to be friends again, for you not to feel bad but nothing more than that. If i were to interpret that SMS - IGNORE HIM! :wink: Moved on... :oops:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
^ian^ wrote:The guy might have been feeling bad, that's all.

Typical excuse.
XRW-147
Dubai Forums Zealot

Nov 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Typical excuse.

Jesus what does a guy have to do these days?

Answer: Nothing and they're still scum.
^ian^

Nov 07, 2006
XRW-147 wrote:

Typical excuse.

Typical excuse to clear their conscience and still trying to play a handsome image. :wink:
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
Yeah I don't know what obviously bad experiences you girls have had, but to be honest it sounds like to me the guy was trying to extend a genuine hand of friendship.

Of course, I don't know what his true intentions are, but I didn't read anywhere where he wanted anything else but friendship.
^ian^

Nov 07, 2006
Merlot you have to add some info here....why did he dumped you in the first place????
zam

Nov 07, 2006
Merlot shared her story in "how to call it quits thread" :wink: you may refer to that if you wish, so you can understand the full story.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 07, 2006
Hi

I met him at the Health Club, I knew of him, but didn't take much notice. We're both in our early forties, never married, he's CEO, I'm an architect. He pursued me for about 3/4 months, then we went out for just over three months. He forced it along, wanting to get seriously, love, family, key to his house, wanted to know everything about me. He'd obviously asked around because he knew alot about me, he just said he wanted to be sure and that he doesn't like getting too involved unnecessarily.

Coming to the end he seemed a bit all over the place, hot and cold, and appears scared, usual thing, hurt in past, so rather than it go on further, he just reckoned it would end sooner or later so why not now. So you can guess that I'm not happy, but you can only go so far, then you leave them to it. So I've had no contact at all for two weeks, I don't believe he wants to stay friends, I'm sure he's got plenty of friends who wouldn't be so much hassel, unless there's an motive. Probably the ego thing.

But yeh I want him back, but responding ain't going to get me any nearer.
MERLOT
Dubai Forum User

Nov 07, 2006
Ohh its like the legendary Carrie love story. :lol:

Fine if you still like him and of course willing to take the risk, then yalla let him hunt you down. Play a bit hard to get for sometime. If his feeling is strong he would not give up just bec u didnt txt him back. :wink:
zam

Nov 07, 2006
Please watch,
1. Pyar ka super hit Fomula[Super hit formulas for Love] (with English Subtitles) 3 times a day for 2 weeks.

2. Kamasutra - By Meera Nair (English version)

3. Stalk him

on a serious note..,

I think he wants to just b in touch as a friend so as to make sure that u are ok.

Seems like your story is just like another one in the same forum a lady from london in love with a CEO both in their 40's, unsure of what to do..? is it the same..?
St.Lucifer
Dubai Forums Knight

Nov 07, 2006
[quote="St.Lucifer"]

Seems like your story is just like another one in the same forum a lady from london in love with a CEO both in their 40's, unsure of what to do..? [b]is it the same..?[quote]

Merlot is the lady from london you're talking about.
asc_26
Dubai forums GURU

Nov 08, 2006
I agree with Ian...

Guys don't speak in riddles... can't be bothered... We can lie really well... but not hide meaning.

Though I can't remark on whether you should be friends with him or not because I don't know what ended it. And I'm not asking... Unless you wanna tell.

EDIT: Just read what happened.

It sounds to me that after 3 months he decided that you weren't the one he wanted to be with. Yes, I think he was wrong to promise you stuff, and say that he loves you. The word love gets thrown around too loosely.

But getting back to your original question, sounds like he's just looking for friendship.
bear
Dubai chat master

Re: What does this mean? Nov 08, 2006
MERLOT wrote:Recently couple of weeks ago I was dumped by this fella, after a full on three month relationship, promising me the earth etc... love the full works.

Anyway it ended, I'm getting myself together, training at the gym. He saw me last night, keeps looking over. He just gets the hi and cu of me, what more can he expect. Anyway got text late last night saying.

i have serious doubts that this man is able to be a real friend to u...for me this text u got sounds more like: can u be my friend and help me to get over u and when i feel horny will u accept (as we r friends now) to crawl in the bed with me....pls at least for my hormones :twisted:
friends? yeah right :roll:
one more thing i will add up: if u really want him back than make sure u can forgive and forget! clear ur head being away for a while, that will make u less vulnerable to his "friendship".
no matter what u decide i wish u luck :wink:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
^^^ the wise women has spoken
sara_uk
Dubai Forums Veteran

Nov 08, 2006
sara_uk wrote:^^^ the wise women has spoken

wise is too much...better not that stupid :lol:
alexandra
Dubai Forums Veteran