Soulmates

Topic locked
Soulmates Nov 21, 2010
What do you think is a soulmate? Have you ever met your soulmate? How did you know?

I donot believe that soulmates are actually a split of one soul reincarnated. I do believe that there are very rare occasions you meet somebody, and straight away it feels extremely comfortable and you both feel very connected. It doesn't have to be in a romantic away. It strongly feels like you belong together though and it was meant to be that you met. What do you think?

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Soulmates Nov 21, 2010
I don't think it is something you "discover" at the beginning of a relationship. I was very fortunate in that I married my soulmate. Took time to realize he was the one. :D He's also my very best friend.

Several years ago I met someone who used that line on women. :lol: Seems women who he took a fancy to was his "soul mate". :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Mmm interesting. For some people there's definitely that POW moment, where you just know that you're meant to be with someone, for others it grows over time.
Chocoholic
Miss DubaiForums 2005

Bora Bora wrote:I don't think it is something you "discover" at the beginning of a relationship. I was very fortunate in that I married my soulmate. Took time to realize he was the one. :D He's also my very best friend.

Several years ago I met someone who used that line on women. :lol: Seems women who he took a fancy to was his "soul mate". :lol:

Thanks for the advice Bora Bora, I'll have to try that line sometime.
blueshift
Dubai forums Addict

blueshift wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:I don't think it is something you "discover" at the beginning of a relationship. I was very fortunate in that I married my soulmate. Took time to realize he was the one. :D He's also my very best friend.

Thanks for the advice Bora Bora, I'll have to try that line sometime.

Just make sure that your other soulmate isn't sitting next to you. :lol: :lol: That's what happened when he told me he thought he found his "soulmate" in me. BTW, she wasn't his wife. She was home. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I don't believe in soulmates. I prefer to love the one I'm with.
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

and cue Steven Stills in the background...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Knight
Dubai Knight

Would that be the Stills from Still, Nash and Young? You're older than I first imagined.
Bethsmum

That would actually be Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young...

Yes, I have all their albums.

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

On vinyl?
Bethsmum

Re: Soulmates Nov 22, 2010
Of course! I think I had an 8 track once and certainly had them on cassette recorded from the album on my JVC home music centre. Crackles and all!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Woodstock! Do you remember Arlo Guthrie? You can get anything you want from Alice's Restaurant, Including Alice!
Bethsmum

"1, 2, 3, what are we fighting for?
Don't ask me I don't give a damn,
Next stop is Vietnam!

Well its 5, 6, 7, open up them pearly gates
Well I ain't got time to wonder why,
Whoopee, were all gonna die!"

The highlight of Woodstock for me was Jimi Hendrix as its was the first time I had been exposed to his genius. I was still too young to go to the Isle of Wight festival in 1968, and I regret never having the chance to see him live. I was glued to the Old Grey Whistle Test and was severely influenced by the young Eric Clapton, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Blue Oyster Cult, Lynerd Skynerd and even dabbled with a little Fripp and Eno!

All of these and many others got me into the music. Still am!

8) 8) 8)

Knight
Dubai Knight

Need more cowbell
desertdudeshj

Bethsmum wrote:I don't believe in soulmates. I prefer to love the one I'm with.

Me too, unless I just haven't met my soulmate yet and don't know how it feels?
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

You can make anybody a soulmate, I've had a few in my time LOL They usually drive a nice car.
Bethsmum

Re: Soulmates Nov 23, 2010
now i get it why bora, kanelli and chocs are always at bm :D

Clearly you haven't been following the storyline RB.
rudeboy
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Soulmates Nov 23, 2010
Coz they love me! I just say what they think.
Bethsmum

Re: Soulmates Nov 28, 2010
imho the "Soul Mate" concept is just an idea that someone buys into, then when compatibility exists, the soul mate is thus identified.

I remember reading an article that talked about something called "shaping" - which said that two people perform certain subconscious actions that make them feel one person is the perfect match for the other. This then is referred to as "Accidental Shaping" , but lets say for example one were to discover what those actions were, theoretically one person could get the other to feel that you are their soulmate ( achieved by generation of those feelings and emotions , triggered by calculated words and actions ).

If you are religious, then you would automatically have this soul mate idea burned in your pysche ( it would be hard wired), but if you are free thinker then perhaps you do have something in your mind that infers to the soul mate - often referred to vaguely as "THE ONE" (not to be confused with that Jet Li movie)

thanks for reading my rant
zubber
Dubai Forums Veteran

Flying Dutchman wrote:What do you think is a soulmate? Have you ever met your soulmate? How did you know?

I donot believe that soulmates are actually a split of one soul reincarnated. I do believe that there are very rare occasions you meet somebody, and straight away it feels extremely comfortable and you both feel very connected. It doesn't have to be in a romantic away. It strongly feels like you belong together though and it was meant to be that you met. What do you think?

I don't believe in soul mates, you might be able to make one, but definitely can not find one! :lol:
melika969
Dubai Forums Knight

Agreed Mel. Love the one you're with.
Bethsmum

Yeah my wife is my soulmate but I am realistic - I met her at the right time and she fits me fine but maybe somewhere in the world there is another potential soulmate for me or maybe plenty others. I don't care to find out - one is enough for me.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

A girl in every port would be a very expensive hobby Joe
Bethsmum

Haha yes you are right - I have already conceded that I don't like spending money so we can rule it out from happening apart from that I find that one woman consumes about the total amount of energy I have on a daily basis.
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Physical or mental?
Bethsmum

hahaha - both - but I think I can always muster up some extra energy for the right kind of physical exertion
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

JoeTGF wrote:hahaha - both - but I think I can always muster up some extra energy for the right kind of physical exertion

Glad to hear it Joe, glad to hear it.
Bethsmum

JoeTGF wrote:Haha yes you are right - I have already conceded that I don't like spending money so we can rule it out from happening apart from that I find that one woman consumes about the total amount of energy I have on a daily basis.

Joe, are you tight, cheap or frugal??? To me frugal is spend some, save some.

Live by your wife's belief, enjoy it now while you can (although a Bentley is a bit OTT, IMO). Shame to be sitting on it when you are too old to do anything and look back at all the things you didn't do. Never saw anyone going to their grave with a bank truck filled with their money following them. :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I can't honestly tell you - my wife has used all those words to describe me in the past but she is by her own admission a spendthrift. You are absolutely right about living for today and I do try to take a leaf out of my wifes book. I can't change the person I am however - I have been shaped by events in my own life - my dad went bankrupt when I was young and it caused me, my siblings and my mother enormous distress. That event and the hard years that followed made me committed to making money and ensuring my families security but also twisted me into being extremely frugal (here thats how I would describe myself). I am happy and spending money doesn't make me happy - putting a smile on my wifes face does. :D
JoeTGF
Dubai forums Addict

Definitely understand how events shape our lives and sometimes we can take it to the extreme, but its important to find a balance. I guess your balance is that it's worth it if it makes your wife happy. Money well spent I would say!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai RomanceForum Rules

Return to Dubai Romance