What You Love About Your Home Country

Topic locked
What you love about your home country Mar 03, 2012
A few weekends ago I was out in Amsterdam and was part of an amazing sight. A chav bartender lady dancing the whole evening with an old Dutch Indonesian grandpa in a wheelchair. Both had the absolute time of their life. The Indonesian grandpa shouting "whooha, whooha" all the time. At the end, a guy (I assume a grandchild) thanked the bartender lady, for he hasn't seen so many smiles on his grandpa's face for a long time. And I was thinking, damn I love this country.

Why do you love your home-country, or what are you proud of?

For me:

-Its freedom
-Because it perfected the 4-3-3 line-up
-Because it is a refugee for all (no matter color, religion) people around the world who have to fear for their lives because of political or religious reasons. Damn that's beautifull isn't it? And I fully support that.

Proud to be Dutch, proud to be 100% Dutch! For some reasons it's not PC to say that anymore, but I am proud to be 100% Dutch. Oh, and for the record, I think the Dutch Indonesian grandpa is 100% Dutch too! :-) And perhaps he is more 100% Dutch than I am, because he had to fight for respect and earn his place, much more than a white Dutch person. What made him big? He worked hard and respected local culure, while practicing his own in his house. I learnt a little about grandpa's background and history, and it made me feel humble.

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: What You Love About Your Home Country Mar 03, 2012
Flying Dutchman wrote:Because it is a refugee for all (no matter color, religion) people around the world who have to fear for their lives because of political or religious reasons. Damn that's beautifull isn't it? And I fully support that.

I think you should be the last person to be proud of the liberties of your country having read many of your nasty, awful comments about the immagrants living in NL. When are you going to give up your hypocrisy?... You either take them for what they are and for what they bring into society or refuse them alltogether. Your self appreciation is so delusional when you have such extreme discomfort in them. LOL.
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

You got it wrong Berrin, this is not about what you hate about FD, but what you love about your home-country.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

What you forget is that a country is only tangible and meaningful with its life stock, I mean with its own citizens. An empty piece of land is meaningless and does not need a speaker on its behalf to defend or praise..
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

The Oracle of Delphi made more sense to me. :-).
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

would you ever show some deeper meaning and surprise me!!!...no ofcourse not... :)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

You know what is the real beauty, we even give temporary refugee for people who think like you. We value life more than anything else!
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I'd like to see you saying the same thing if and when muslims take over NL in majority, turning the country into darul islam.. LOL... would you happily accept that without fighting FD? Now please please do me a favour and say YES. :)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Keyword was temporary.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

:) ahaha you're funny.. All those resident moroccans aren't temporary, are they?..You have other groups of muslims, as well as Dutch converts :)

Just testing your tolerance and endurance :)
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:All those resident moroccans aren't temporary, are they?

True, in the past Wilders was proposing a policy that if a person has two passports, and shows utter disrespect for Holland (like calling for its destruction or public street celebrating when Dutch soldiers die, just to name a few examples), the Dutch passport can be taken away. I support him with that. Germany should do it too, don't you think?
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Flying Dutchman wrote:True, in the past Wilders was proposing a policy that if a person has two passports, and shows utter disrespect for Holland (like calling for its destruction or public street celebrating when Dutch soldiers die, just to name a few examples), the Dutch passport can be taken away. I support him with that. Germany should do it too, don't you think?

Most definitely. Anybody that shows disrespect to their host country should be deported. I would vote for any party in England that had that in their manifesto.

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:00 pm ---

Now what do I love about England?

The National Health Service for one. Anyone has access to a doctor and medical treatment without worrying about cost. I recently watched a documentary about some unfortunate Americans who had lost everything because of the economic downturn. This poor man had a hernia and visited some charity set up by military doctors for advice. He was told to visit the ER without delay. He did so and was told that the op would cost $20,000 dollars. I'm not sure if there were complications as it sounded an awful lot of money. Despite being warned that gangrine could set in, he chose not to have the operation as he couldn't afford it. It brought it home to me how lucky we are in the UK. We do have some issues with the NHS but we are so lucky to have it.

The Welfare Benefits for another. I don't believe anyone in England is starving. Benefits are paid to those who are unemployed or unable to work. If people chose to spend their money on alcohol and cigarettes rather than a healthy diet, that is their perogative.

The way we haven't forgotten how we won the World Cup! Even if it was nearly 50 years ago.

The city of Manchester!

London! Who doesn't love London? It's a fantastic city.

David Beckham and Freddie Flintoff. :D

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:02 pm ---

Oh, I forgot! The beautiful scenery as I look out of my windows. Cows and sheep grazing on the fell side and snow covered mountain tops.

British Airways!

Margaret Thatcher.....I could carry on

--- Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 pm ---

You didn't say what you liked about your home country Berrin!
Bethsmum
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk