Israeli Defending Her Country In South Africa

Topic locked
Israeli defending her country in South Africa Mar 07, 2012
One of the vilest slur from the bashers against the most democratic and free state in the ME, Israel, is the apartheid lie. I have seen apartheid in SA and I travelled many times around Israel. There is nothing that remotely resembles the past apartheid from SA. No surprise, the apartheid fairy against Israel, has it's origins in one of the vilest anti-semites.
Here is an Arab Israeli (as she calls herself) Muslima defending her country in South Africa. She is proud to be Israeli.

Critizism of Israel has lost all perspective. It is the most demonized country in the world, while in the mean continues to ensure liberty for all citizens. It is the ONLY state in the ME that cares for its citizens and its liberties. And yes, it is willing to defend those rights!

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Israel has sent a delegation of 100 students to represent it in the annual Apartheid Week in South Africa, an Israeli newspaper reported Tuesday.

The report in Maariv noted one unusual participant in this year's delegation -- a 25-year-old Muslim Bushra Khalilieh, a member of Israel's Arab minority in the Galilee.

The newspaper said Khalilieh was attending university in one of South Africa’s university campuses. Khalilieh, who wears a hijab, came to Israel's defense during activities on campus.

"We toured Johannesburg and Cape Town’s campuses and met local students," she said.

"We spoke with them about Israel and I told them about my personal issue as an Arab girl living in Israel. I feel Israel to be my hometown where there’s equality and I have all my rights.”

"When students hear us, they are surprised as there are some who do not even know there are Arabs living in Israel. I, as an Arab Israeli girl, love my country and believe that it seeks peace and respects all its citizens.”

Khalilieh, a masters student at Tel Aviv University, stressed that she represents herself and not the position of the Israeli government.

“I represent myself as a Muslim Arab who lives in Israel as a liberal and free girl unlike other Arab girls who live in Arab countries and do not have the human rights I have like freedom of expression and dignity.”

She added: "There are people who are calling to boycott us and say that there is apartheid in Israel, but I try to show Israel as a country that’s different from what they think."

http://www.maannews.net/eng/ViewDetails.aspx?ID=465818

Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Israeli Defending Her Country In South Africa Mar 07, 2012
Excellent move - more Arab Israelis should go out and put their points of view across and explain why they are in support of (or in this case, opposed to) Apartheid week. I trust the Israelis will fund their trips too.

Given that the South Africa has in the past called Israeli practices Apartheid - it looks like the pro-Israeli side has a lot of work to convince them that they are wrong.

dubai-politics-talk/apartheid-comparison-from-those-who-know-t39766.html

(And note that the above was the South African government reacting to Israelis throwing Palestinian families out of their homes in the illegally annexed East Jerusalem - where discrimination against Arabs is well documented, not least by B'tselem)

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Good that Bushra Khalilieh knows how wrong you are! Here is somebody who doesn't whine all the time, and takes the opportunities and liberties offered to her (like studying at university), and she appreciated them. Good for her! She doesn't hate, she loves. :-). hard to swallow for some, I know.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Sure - kudos to her.

I actually do know Arab Israelis personally and know that there are others who have a different view of the discrimination, and are as committed to the state as Bushra. It is not hating to speak up against the discrimination - B'tselem etc are full of Israelis of all religions who are speaking up for injustice.

However, Bushra has to convince the South African Government, not me. I wish her luck and would love to hear her explanations/defence for the actions of the Israeli side which led the SA government to compare their actions with Apartheid, and why they disagree with FD:
There is nothing that remotely resembles the past apartheid from SA.

Interesting to note that Flying Dutchman does not mention Israel's Military Occupation in his description of Israel. Quite a big aspect of why Apartheid week gets so much coverage/support - and yet seemingly glossed over. Hmm.

Anyway, I personally think these guys DO have a point:

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Flying Dutchman wrote:Here is an Arab Israeli (as she calls herself) Muslima

What is a Muslima? I've never heard that term.

She makes a very good point in that she is not speaking for or defending the government, but speaking for herself. Citizens from westernized countries should speak out about the freedoms they enjoy.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bora Bora wrote:What is a Muslima? I've never heard that term.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=muslima

Or you can click on the add for Muslima.com on DF, that will appear now/very soon.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: Israeli defending her country in South Africa Mar 07, 2012
It's interesting to note the Loons / Antisemites cry foul over a Hirsi Ali article:

Unfortunately, the way she addresses the issue fuels identity-based division and, potentially, conflict. This is particularly troublesome because Ali's piece received substantial support in social and online media. People began picking sides, ignoring complex realities and facts.

Ali's analysis of the conflicts in Nigeria, Sudan, Egypt, Iraq, Pakistan, Iran and Indonesia is brief, simple and borders on manipulative. Each of these countries is experiencing conflicts that have a range of contributing social, political, economic and cultural factors. Christians are being targeted, as are other groups, including diverse followers of Islam and indigenous peoples. There is nothing new here. Throughout history, members of minority groups, whether religious, racial, economic or otherwise, have been targeted during times of social and political instability.

The loons are a parody of themselves. They cry "hatemonger" and "Islamophobe" when their treatment of Israel is applied to Muslim nations.

Bigots and clowns.
event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

eh is just a troll, plain and simple.

Bushra is entitled to her opinions (as is Ali). When the opinions are tackled and challenged, the fan-bois resort to name calling.

As the video above makes clear, a main part of the campaign is to call the very real occupation, segregation and discrimination by what it is.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

I'll wait for you to addrses the very real occupation, segregation and discrimination in the Muslim world before we move on to supposed discrimination in Israel.

You seemed fond of name calling in that thread before and after your opinions were exposed.
event horizon

Re: Israeli Defending Her Country In South Africa Mar 08, 2012
Whataboutery arguments are childish. Start new threads about South African government denouncing as apartheid the practices in other countries and I'll let you know whether I agree with them or not.

In this case, I agree with the South African government and support the Israel Apartheid week. Call it what it is.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Great, challenge accepted in the other thread. Let's see if you run away from it.

Interesting that you reinforced what I wrote above:

The loons are a parody on to themselves. They cry "hatemonger" and "Islamophobe" when their treatment of Israel is applied to Muslim nations.

Doesn't it speak volumes that you defend / ignore religious persecution by your fellow coreligionists but are obsessed with one tiny nation that doesn't compare with the amount of discrimination of her neighbors?

It's the case of the Klan member looking for racism from blacks to beat them over the head with.
event horizon

Why are you trolling this thread and changing the subject?

Let's address the Apartheid in Israel and not a subject you've already lost the argument over. You've got loads of other threads with questions and challenges you've made and ran away from (such as comparing religous views, emailing experts on honour killings, and countless ones on the Bible in the religion forum).

Focus, young one, focus.

Cheers,

Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk