Ultra-Orthodox Fraudsters

Topic locked
Ultra-Orthodox Fraudsters Nov 22, 2010
The ultra-orthodox in Israel are a thorn in the side of Israeli society it seems.

I get the fact that they go out on the streets to demonstrate in favour of racial segregation in schools (between Jews of European and Middle Eastern descent) - I even get the fact they don't want to give back land captured in 1967 (some Arabs have a similar opposite view). I even get the fact that the extreme Rabbis say it is ok to slaughter non-Jewish children to protect Jews.

However, you'd expect them to live by God's law in the 10 commandments, wouldn't you? At least they shouldn't steal from other Jews or the Jewish state. (We'll overlooking the 'though shall not steal' and 'kill' when it comes to Arabs.)

But alas, we now find that at least some Ultra-Orthodox groups are suspected of fraud and stealing state funds.

Just goes to show - just because you look like a Mullah or Rabbi, doesn't make you less human or less prone to committing crimes. Applies in Pakistan as well as Israel..

Ultra-Orthodox groups suspected of forging IDs to swindle state funds

Associations in charge of ultra-Orthodox schools falsely reported having hundreds of students, funneling millions of shekels into their pockets.

By Nir Hasson

Israel Police forces on Sunday confiscated more than 1,000 fake identification documents allegedly produced by ultra-Orthodox educational organizations.

Police investigators raided the offices of three associations in charge of ultra-Orthodox education in the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Mea She'arim, Beitar Ilit and Ramat Beit Shemesh. Six people were arrested.

According to police investigation, the ultra-Orthodox groups forged the IDs in order to receive monthly stipends from the Education Ministry for their own benefit, on behalf of students who do not actually exist.

The groups falsely reported occupancy of hundreds of students in the religious schools under their management, when in fact only a few dozen students attend those institutions. Police are inquiring about the funds funneled to the institutions and foresee further arrests.

Rabbi Uri Regev, who heads the Organization for Religious Freedom and Equality (Hiddush) said similar affairs have been exposed by police in the past.

"The state's massive funding of ultra-Orthodox yeshivas leads to corruption, and this is another example of the damage it might cause," said Regev.

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/ul ... s-1.325932

shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

Re: Ultra-Orthodox Fraudsters Nov 22, 2010
Ultra-radicals of all sorts suck. Plain and simple. Dangerous people.
kanelli
Miss DubaiForums 2006

shafique wrote:I even get the fact they don't want to give back land captured in 1967 (some Arabs have a similar opposite view).

Really? I think you will find the haredim to be more anti-Zionist than Palestinians, especially the ones in Mea She'arim.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

^Those would be the ultra-ultra orthodox - which is a paradox amongst the ultra-orthodox. (Not familiar with the Mea She'arim, but have posted about the NETUREI KARTA a few times now).

But, you're right - not all Israelis want to hold on to land captured in 1967 - secular or orthodox.

Now.. back to the naughty ultra-orthodox fraudsters..

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:Not familiar with the Mea She'arim

See your OP, those are more against the state of Israel than Ahmadinezjad & co.

ultra-ultra othodox...sounds like something just made up.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

You've lost me now.

Have you spoken to the fraudsters and worked out that they are all against Israel's continuing occupation - or is a standing assumption that anyone who does anything bad and happens to be a Jew must be compared to Ahmadinejad (or some other Muslim?).

I couldn't see in the article in Haaretz where it named the fraudsters or gave where they lived. You must have more information than I have.

cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

shafique wrote:I couldn't see in the article in Haaretz where it named the fraudsters or gave where they lived.

From OP:

Police investigators raided the offices of three associations in charge of ultra-Orthodox education in the Jerusalem neighborhoods of Mea She'arim, Beitar Ilit and Ramat Beit Shemesh.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Do the fraudsters live in those neighbourhoods - all it says the offices looked after education in those neighbourhoods.

You're not making assumptions again FD - tut, tut. But if you do have evidence that the fraudsters do support an Israeli withdrawal - then I'll stand corrected. Otherwise, it just appears you are trying your old trick of smoke and mirrors again.

This thread is about the fraudsters. ;)

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk