The Rule Of Putin

Topic locked
The Rule of Putin Jun 07, 2009
This is absolutely a leader that doesn't allow being played with. Look for yourself how Putin publicly humiliates Oleg Deripaska (oligarch) and lets him sign a contract that provides the aluminium plant workers a sustained income over the back of the oligarch Deripaska.

I really enjoy this Putin guy. Holding everybody that messes with him, on a tight leash for the common good of his nation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8086549.stm

Check it out! Enjoy :D

RobbyG
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Jun 07, 2009
You love Putin, you love Johanna Hari, you have some need to see upset, my friend. Arrogant bulllies who only see their own side of any argument are not the people you should want to learn from or show respect. He will find few friends in international politics which is not good, although he would argue that he doesn't need them. In the short term he is making headway at home, but if he runs out of blunt objects to hit people with he will fall. He has a hard job though, I suppose.

Don't ask our Russian correspondent though, he admits he knows nothing of Putin ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of Putin's geopolitical battles.

I just happen to like Putin for the fact that he doesn't let his oligarchs rule him, with all the money they got (and political influence).
Don't forget that Russia needs a firm rule to get rid of the upper level corruption. You need balls to change things and a firm hand that sweeps on domestic issues.

Come on SH, he's got some flair :lol:
RobbyG

Jun 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:Don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of Putin's geopolitical battles.

I just happen to like Putin for the fact that he doesn't let his oligarchs rule him, with all the money they got (and political influence).
Don't forget that Russia needs a firm rule to get rid of the upper level corruption. You need balls to change things and a firm hand that sweeps on domestic issues.

Come on SH, he's got some flair :lol:

As I said he has a tough job, and the saying is 'cometh the hour, cometh the man. But the man for the hour will not fit once a diplomat is needed....

His continued threats against gas supplies to the West won't be forgotten in a hurry. Also, big new shipments are starting from Qatar to Europe now.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
You think too much Humprey ;)

This topic is not about Putin overall. This is about the video and his reaction on the domestic labour issue.

I say he showed some force and did a great job.

Keep it focussed :D
RobbyG

Jun 07, 2009
OK, this is for RC and SH. The two of you had a long debate on Russia and Britain. I didn't see any hard facts, so I thought I would find some. These two videos will show you the difference in how each army prepared themselves for combat.

Russia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WpYWpN0 ... re=related

Britain:

Now that should settle it.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:You think too much Humprey ;)

This topic is not about Putin overall. This is about the video and his reaction on the domestic labour issue.

I say he showed some force and did a great job.

Keep it focussed :D

I don't like taking things out of context. They appear different to the reality. If that's thinking too much I won't apologise!
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:OK, this is for RC and SH. The two of you had a long debate on Russia and Britain. I didn't see any hard facts, so I thought I would find some. These two videos will show you the difference in how each army prepared themselves for combat.

Britain:

Naughty kitty, didn't say which you prefer though, Dirty Dancing or Dirty Harry ;)
:D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:OK, this is for RC and SH. The two of you had a long debate on Russia and Britain. I didn't see any hard facts, so I thought I would find some. These two videos will show you the difference in how each army prepared themselves for combat.

Britain:

Naughty kitty, didn't say which you prefer though, Dirty Dancing or Dirty Harry ;)

Do you have to ask? Shessh
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Britain:

Come over here, you'll get both, trust me :D
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Obama aide compares Putin to Hitler

http://www.prisonplanet.com/obama-advis ... itler.html
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Misery Called Life wrote:Obama aide compares Putin to Hitler

It's not so farfetched.

The problem is that wooly liberals like RobbyG seem to admire him (sorry Robby, flame away), just as a certain portion of the UK population admired the lovely Mr.Hitler, for a while.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Britain:

Lap Dance!!! Lap Dance!!!
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:

It's not so farfetched.

The problem is that wooly liberals like RobbyG seem to admire him (sorry Robby, flame away), just as a certain portion of the UK population admired the lovely Mr.Hitler, for a while.

You are an idiot now, SH. An assumptious moron :D

Admiring.....sheezzz 8)
RobbyG

Jun 07, 2009
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Britain:

OK but be careful I don't poke your eye out....with my long barrel .44 Magnum of course...
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
RobbyG wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

It's not so farfetched.

You are an idiot now, SH. An assumptious moron :D

Admiring.....sheezzz 8)

Just prodding the sleeping beast, don't worry about it! Don't want you resting too long... :P Next time you tell us you are impressed by some loudmouthed spouter of rhetoric I won't call you an admirer though, I can do that much. ;)
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 07, 2009
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:
Speedhump wrote:

Britain:

OK but be careful I don't poke your eye out....with my long barrel .44 Magnum of course...

It's not my eye i'm worried about hon.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 08, 2009
This is a strange video, but it made me laugh. Why did he do this? As a comment on the horrendous level of corruption in Russia?

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1160399/p ... es_a_taxi/

Translation for non-Russian speakers:

Putin: Good Evening, will you take me to the Kremlin?
Driver: D’you know the way?
Putin: Not really, I’m from Petersburg myself.
Driver: How much you payin’?!
Putin: I don’t know… 200 rubles?
Driver: Call it 300 and let’s go.
Putin: No, I won’t pay 300 sorry

Driver: Alright then, let’s go.
Putin: Excuse me, can you…?
Driver: It’s alright… I’ve got one myself.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
Speedhump wrote:This is a strange video, but it made me laugh. Why did he do this? As a comment on the horrendous level of corruption in Russia?

For the Brit who is not familiar with directions in Moscow, Putin caught the private unlicensed taxi (we called them “Taxi-Jihad” due to nationalities of its drivers) in 50 meters from Kremlin. You can see one of a Kremlin’s towers on the background. That’s why the driver asked whether Putin knew the way.

The driver made U-turn and was going in the opposite to Kremlin direction. He would probably make a few turns around Kremlin to earn his $7 “honestly”.
Video shows how far away Mr. Putin from real life of Russia as soon as he spend most time sitting in his office or going by car with “pink-shaded” windows and rotating beacon on the top.
There is a little in common with corruption though.

Speedy laid another egg again.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2009
Red Chief wrote:
Speedhump wrote:This is a strange video, but it made me laugh. Why did he do this? As a comment on the horrendous level of corruption in Russia?

For the Brit who is not familiar with directions in Moscow, Putin caught the private unlicensed taxi (we called them “Taxi-Jihad” due to nationalities of its drivers) in 50 meters from Kremlin. You can see one of a Kremlin’s towers on the background. That’s why the driver asked whether Putin knew the way.

The driver made U-turn and was going in the opposite to Kremlin direction. He would probably make a few turns around Kremlin to earn his $7 “honestly”.
Video shows how far away Mr. Putin from real life of Russia as soon as he spend most time sitting in his office or going by car with “pink-shaded” windows and rotating beacon on the top.
There is a little in common with corruption though.

Speedy laid another egg again.

You are so keen to trash me. Shame you have no way to be balanced or logical when you address me, as you could have just made an explanation without reference to me at all (of course for you that's impossible). Your pigheadedness and boorishness spoils so many threads in these forums. Those last little five words of your post show your colours one more time.

The taxi driver has his own blue light, so he uses it illegally to get around faster, that's corrupt. He tries to rip off Putin for too high fare, so he is corrupt. Then he takes then the long way round so he is corrupt a third time.

Moscow is slowly realizing that rampant corruption is sapping the country’s economic vitality and tarnishing its image among potential Western investors.

If he wasn't making a comment on corruption and crime in Russia he damn well should have been. What a country.

http://www.mnweekly.ru/business/20080610/55332947.html
Corruption Costs Russia $120 Billion Annually

Corrupt officials are siphoning off $120 billion dollars a year from the government's national budget according to a senior government prosecutor. This is approximately a third of the $376 billion dollar budget for 2008, highlighting the magnitude of the task facing President Dmitry Medvedev, who has pledged to take steps to eradicate corruption.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
Wait, brave soldier. You are disappointed me. It looks like you had had some idea about corruption in Russia at first and then was trying to find some video to confirm it. Then you hijacked the Robbie’s tread and make it heavy and dull. If you ask me whether Russia has a high level of corruption. I’ll reply you “Yes” but you found a wrong video. There are a lot of hidden contexts, that understandable only for Russians, in this short video. Corruption is only one of them. It’ll take a long of time to explain everything. Actually your post is absolutely senseless. I am not interested in discussing of corruption in Russia.
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2009
:happy1: :icescream: Pass the soda please.

I'm sure there are a few more rounds to come.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Jun 08, 2009
Red Chief wrote:Wait, brave soldier. You are disappointed me. It looks like you had had some idea about corruption in Russia at first and then was trying to find some video to confirm it. Then you hijacked the Robbie’s tread and make it heavy and dull. If you ask me whether Russia has a high level of corruption. I’ll reply you “Yes” but you found a wrong video. There are a lot of hidden contexts, that understandable only for Russians, in this short video. Corruption is only one of them. It’ll take a long of time to explain everything. Actually your post is absolutely senseless. I am not interested in discussing of corruption in Russia.

Of course you are not interested. Nor the shameful level of alcoholism, not many other wrongs in your country including its racism. Yet you will dig the knife into the UK and other countries when it suits you? For shame. I have critiqued the video correctly unless you have something other to add. Suddenly it will take too long for you to type your words on DF? I don't think that is right.

By the way, you are wrong yet again. I found the video of Putin while searching for a funny Lada picture to post after your trolling Range Rover picture (I so hate to disappoint you when you are trying to bait Brits). I found the video amusing but didn't understand it. So I posted it, giving my suggestion as to what it was about, but still asking for explanation, which you could not provide without trying to bash me for no reason (nothing new there....).

So you see you are the one laying rotten eggs, with your assumptions based probably on your own usual actions. Don't judge everyone by your own (four inch) yardstick.

Touché. :)

Oh, can I quote you, 'see, no name calling'?.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
Bora Bora wrote::happy1: :icescream: Pass the soda please.

I'm sure there are a few more rounds to come.

Chief has been sent to his corner for a standing count.

Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Jun 08, 2009
I swear I didn't find some mud about Land Rover deliberately.

You asked a few time if there is something true behind stereotypes. Yes, we have that stereotype that Land Rover is very expensive, comfortable but extremely unreliable. I can see more RR in Dubai than in Moscow altghough it looks like there more BMW and Mersedes in Moscow than any other capitals.

As for LADA the cars are utter junks. Only people from remoted regions of Russia buy them. I would never buy Russian car.

At the other we are on the British forum. Nobody is interested in discussion about Russian corruption and Russian cars, except you, probably. :)
Red Chief
Dubai forums GURU

Jun 08, 2009
Red Chief wrote:I swear I didn't find some mud about Land Rover deliberately.

If you say this I accept it.

You asked a few time if there is something true behind stereotypes. Yes, we have that stereotype that Land Rover is very expensive, comfortable but extremely unreliable. I can see more RR in Dubai than in Moscow altghough it looks like there more BMW and Mersedes in Moscow than any other capitals.

As for LADA the cars are utter junks. Only people from remoted regions of Russia buy them. I would never buy Russian car.

If I had found a picture it still would have amused me though. Mercedes is a top class brand, but I hate their 4x4's. If I wanted a top level saloon I really guess that's where I would go. Sports, no.

At the other we are on the British forum. Nobody is interested in discussion about Russian corruption and Russian cars, except you, probably. :)

Really not so. English speaking does not mean forum about England. You know that, and should not dissemble like that. ;)

Russia is a vast, diverse country, anyone should be interested in it as much as any other country with long history and many interesting upheavals. What happens in Russia affects us too.

Anyway, it's your option to ignore, so fine.
Speedhump
Dubai Forums Zealot

Re: The Rule of Putin Jun 09, 2009
RobbyG wrote:This is absolutely a leader that doesn't allow being played with. Look for yourself how Putin publicly humiliates Oleg Deripaska (oligarch) and lets him sign a contract that provides the aluminium plant workers a sustained income over the back of the oligarch Deripaska.

I really enjoy this Putin guy. Holding everybody that messes with him, on a tight leash for the common good of his nation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8086549.stm

Check it out! Enjoy :D

Just read the article on GN( late as always) and I fully agree with Robby here. Gotta call a spade a spade and Putin for whatevr he is, he's quite tough!
I ain't too well acquainted with Russia's political structure but to insult an oligarch like that? Off course it must also be pointed out that his influence was fast waning. Deep in debt, missing payment deadlines his net worth has fallen from 30 billion to 3 billion.
While PM Medidev was busy sipping champagne with rich and beautiful in St Petersburg, Putin headed out to a gritty town of 22,000 on the verge of social unrest. He got the problem solved. Kudos to Putin!
All developing and 3rd world countries need leaders with an iron fist!
Misery Called Life
Dubai Forums Zealot

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk