Terrorism In Europe/Eurasia - Facts Vs Hype

Topic locked
Terrorism in Europe/Eurasia - facts vs hype Jun 21, 2012
This fact won't be easily digested by some apologists:

• Attacks in Europe and Eurasia fell 20 percent from 703 in 2010 to 561 in 2011. The greatest decline
occurred in Russia where terrorist attacks were down from 396 in 2010 to 238 in 2011. In contrast,
Turkey experienced a spike in terrorist attacks, rising from 40 in 2010 to 91 in 2011. Together, Russia
and Turkey suffered almost 70 percent of all 2011 terrorism-related deaths in Europe and Eurasia

http://www.nctc.gov/docs/2011_NCTC_Annu ... _Final.pdf

p. 9 report; p. 12 pdf

rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Re: Terrorism In Europe/Eurasia - Facts Vs Hype Jun 21, 2012
Point being?
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

Re: Terrorism In Europe/Eurasia - Facts Vs Hype Jun 21, 2012
Nucleus wrote:Point being?

He's mowed too much grass :P :P
Frequentflier
Dubai forums Addict

Re: Terrorism In Europe/Eurasia - Facts Vs Hype Jun 22, 2012
Point being?

Care to direct me to any other terrorism and Europe thread where you posted this same question?

No? Didn't think so. So, I should ask you; the point of your post, is?

Don't know that, either? Didn't think so.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

Your quote said terrorism overall declined 20% and Russia and Turkey combined 70% of terrorism related deaths. It is just informational post or you are trying to make a point? If you are trying to make a point then it is not clear.
Nucleus
Dubai Forums Veteran

jackpott wrote:]That's probably because you aren't that bright.

Maybe he couldn't make out the part of the paragraph I put in bold?
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

I think our resident Chrisitian Extremist terrorist apologist is trying to counter the fact that in the EU 99% of terrorist acts are not carried out by Islamists:

dubai-politics-talk/terrorism-2010-figures-are-t47030.html

That's why the title is now 'Eurasia' - normally racists and Islamophobes would argue that Turkey is not part of Europe, but when it comes to the statistics about the actual terror attacks in the EU, then suddenly they want to include Turkey. If it wasn't so transparently desperate it would be funny. As it it, it is just sad.

Nucleus - the young one is also desperately trying to run away from the questions about his support for Christian Terrorists in the USA, as well as answering the question why one soldier shooting up women and children is different from another militiary man shooting up fellow military personnel.

Eh may have changed his alias (he was Ikka before, then Freefromrats and then event horizon) but his arguments and tactics are still as pathetic as they always was.

Once he starts with the personal insults again, I predict he'll be banned again.

Cheers,
Shafique
shafique
Dubai Shadow Wolf

^ I'm confused for what passes as a personal insult on this forum. Isn't the following a personal insult:

desertdudeshj wrote:I see peac*ck a doddle doo made a special appreance as the w@nking gibbon, altough here on DF he prances around as w@nker bear.

I suppose, like terrorism in Europe, the vast majority of personal insults will be ignored based solely on their author.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

jackpott wrote:Seems rules are only applied to some!

Indeed.

Nucleus wrote:Still higher than your intelligence and spelling

I also seem to recall another poster engaging in the same type of insults Nucleus was.

Like a religious theocracy, DF has its protected and second class.

Giving equal treatment to posters would actually mean seeing (a) the protected class banned long ago or (b) the protected class pummeled on a daily basis.
rayznack
Dubai Expat Helper

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk