Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran

Topic locked
Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Nov 26, 2010
Wouldn't want to offend the untouchables:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bl ... y-11835253

Catherine Heseltine, chief executive officer of the Muslim Public Affairs Committee, said burning the Koran was one of the most offensive acts to Muslims that she could imagine.

Sorry Catherine, even though you live in a Muslim nation, you should know that the most 'offensive' thing imaginable to any decent human being should be the government's curbing of free speech.

That, and people starving to death or something. Perhaps you should get your priorities corrected?

She said: "The Koran is the most sacred thing to over a billion Muslims worldwide."

Human life is more sacred than a book. I'll take that even further; animal life is more sacred than a book, plant life is more sacred than a book.

"We believe it is the word of God. God's guidance for us in this life," she added.

Great, you believe that. I don't, but if I did, I would think God would have more important things to worry about.

It is understood that the group who published that version of the Koran have since been to the school to talk to pupils.

Wow. Really?

event horizon
UAE, Dubai Forums Lord of the posts

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 10, 2011
EH , you make this forum so cheap like yourself , I dont know wether u live in dubai or not but it makes me sad knowing that people like yourself living among us. it can be dangerous. I never payed attention to this Terry Johns feather but I am sure many have done so. a mad with a common sense can tell that you are the biggest hater in this forum hiding your true personality behind that pc . why westernizing the entire world ? I am being blessed to be born away from your corrupted sociaty that is truely full of scumbags like yourslef.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

Re: Teenage girl arrested for burning Koran Apr 10, 2011
^ Glenn Greenwald sums my view of freedom of speech up in the following two paragraphs. And with all due respect, I would say those who wish speech they don't like to be criminalized are the real dangers to society.

“It demonstrates how many people purport to believe in free speech but don’t. The whole point of the First Amendment is that one is free to express the most marginalized, repellent, provocative and offensive ideas. Those are the views that are always targeted for suppression. Mainstream orthodoxies, harmless ideas, and inoffensive platitudes require no protection as they are not, by definition, vulnerable to censorship. But as has been repeatedly seen in history, ideas that are despised and marginalized are often proven right, while ideas that enjoy the status of orthodoxy prove to be deeply erroneous or even evil. That’s why no rational person trusts the state — or even themselves — to create lists of Prohibited Ideas. And those who endorse the notion that ideas they hate should be forcibly suppressed inevitably — and deservedly — will have their own ideas eventually targeted by the same repressive instruments.

“If you’re someone who wants to vest the state with the power to punish the expression of certain views on the grounds that the view is so wrong and/or hurtful that its expression should not be permitted — as European countries and Canada routinely do — then you’re someone who does not believe in free speech, by definition; what you believe is that one is free to express only those viewpoints which the majority of citizens (and the State) allow to be expressed. Many of the most important views throughout history have been, at some point, hurtful, dangerous and even violence-engendering. The whole reason for free speech protections is to safeguard such ideas — despised by the majority — from suppression. Burning the Koran is despicable, but it’s every bit as much core political speech as burning the American flag or an effigy of a hated political leader, or tearing up a picture of — or publishing cartoons unfavorably depicting — a religious leader.”
event horizon

mesheditor wrote:EH , you make this forum so cheap like yourself , I dont know wether u live in dubai or not but it makes me sad knowing that people like yourself living among us. it can be dangerous. I never payed attention to this Terry Johns feather but I am sure many have done so. a mad with a common sense can tell that you are the biggest hater in this forum hiding your true personality behind that pc . why westernizing the entire world ? I am being blessed to be born away from your corrupted sociaty that is truely full of scumbags like yourslef.

Do get a life! EH is entitled to his opinion and in my opinion speaks a lot of home truths.
EH is no way near the biggest hater on DF!
You are obviously a Muslim. To be born with this affliction is truely sad. You are, more to be pitied, than scorned.
Bethsmum

:lol:
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote::lol:

What are you laughing at Mahmoud :evil:
Bethsmum

Bethsmum wrote:

hi BM how are u?
well, its not ur business what am I laughing at :mrgreen:

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 am --

but, this is just funny, I don't know what EH is trying to prove or do? and your point of view is a bit not clear, you don't seem to be accepting other opinions or open for discussions, and u r defending EH (sorry, u r attacking Islam and Muslims) :D... I don't mind :)

But try just try not to be racist ...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:
Bethsmum wrote:

hi BM how are u?
well, its not ur business what am I laughing at :mrgreen:

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:21 am --

but, this is just funny, I don't know what EH is trying to prove or do? and your point of view is a bit not clear, you don't seem to be accepting other opinions or open for discussions, and u r defending EH (sorry, u r attacking Islam and Muslims) :D... I don't mind :)

But try just try not to be racist ...

Mahmoud, If you post a laughing face at the end of my post, then because it's a public forum, it is my business.
Yes, I am defending EH!
I'm not attacking Muslims but you have to admit you are a bunch of nutters :twisted:
I'm not racist Mahmoud! Not any more than you any way :D
Bethsmum

I wish that means u r good :)
well, i didn't quote ur post, did i? so its not really laughing at the end of ur post, u post everywhere so u don't have to assume its for u !!!
may I know why do I have to admit it that we are a bunch of nutters? r u generalizing? wow...
not any more than you anyway
so u r racist but less than me or u r not?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:I wish that means u r good :)
well, i didn't quote ur post, did i? so its not really laughing at the end of ur post, u post everywhere so u don't have to assume its for u !!!
may I know why do I have to admit it that we are a bunch of nutters? r u generalizing? wow...
not any more than you anyway
so u r racist but less than me or u r not?

I don't post everywhere Mahmoud, there are loads of threads that don't interest me so I don't comment.
Everybody is racist.
How do you measure whether if someone is more racist than another? I don't believe you can!
Bethsmum

you do post everywhere :D its not a crime, thats why you are here...
Everybody is racist

I could have brought the definition of racism bla bla bla, but u have internet and u can use it, don't u?
anyway if
Everybody is racist. How do you measure whether if someone is more racist than another? I don't believe you can!

why on the earth did u say
I'm not racist Mahmoud! Not any more than you any way

focus BM, do u have a name by the way?

BTW, when u say
but you have to admit you are a bunch of nutters
ppl like u are just giving no chance for normal ppl to debate with extremest, imagine if Bin Laden sees it :lol: how would I be able to defend u...(TBH, I won't defend u ) but just imagine...

after all I am against arresting a teenage girl for burning the "Holy Quran", and I am against people who spread hate and violence, coz teenagers are always the victims, and haters just watch and say "ooo, how bad"...

have a nice day BM...
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

mesheditor wrote: you are the biggest hater in this forum

In my book, those (who happen to be mainly Muslim) calling for the extermination of a whole nation are hatefull. Somebody concerning about FoS, isnot.

mesheditor wrote: why westernizing the entire world ?

Why indeed. I cannot see any relevance for this question in this thread, which is about the Islamification of the West.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

Mahmoud04 wrote:you do post everywhere :D its not a crime, thats why you are here...
Everybody is racist

I could have brought the definition of racism bla bla bla, but u have internet and u can use it, don't u?
anyway if
Everybody is racist. How do you measure whether if someone is more racist than another? I don't believe you can!

why on the earth did u say
I'm not racist Mahmoud! Not any more than you any way

focus BM, do u have a name by the way?

BTW, when u say
but you have to admit you are a bunch of nutters
ppl like u are just giving no chance for normal ppl to debate with extremest, imagine if Bin Laden sees it :lol: how would I be able to defend u...(TBH, I won't defend u ) but just imagine...

after all I am against arresting a teenage girl for burning the "Holy Quran", and I am against people who spread hate and violence, coz teenagers are always the victims, and haters just watch and say "ooo, how bad"...

have a nice day BM...

Mahmoud, I'm going to have to stop talking to you. You don't know when I'm having you on.
Bethsmum

mesheditor wrote:EH , you make this forum so cheap like yourself , I dont know wether u live in dubai or not but it makes me sad knowing that people like yourself living among us. it can be dangerous. I never payed attention to this Terry Johns feather but I am sure many have done so. a mad with a common sense can tell that you are the biggest hater in this forum hiding your true personality behind that pc . why westernizing the entire world ? I am being blessed to be born away from your corrupted sociaty that is truely full of scumbags like yourslef.

You are the flip side of EH!!! No better than him, no worse.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

FD , you know why you picked westernizing the east ? because deep inside of you, you know well that its true. disrespecting people's symbols of beliefs is a hatred act , then why do you think Terry Johns was under pressure last year ?

EH and you are all in agreement of free speech in a form of an act similar to burning the quran etc , that makes you no different than that mor-ron pastor Terry Johns.

there is a white man behind any conflict , .. Bagbo the ivorian , Moumar alqathafi , Mubarak the pharoah and the Ali of yamman , you know it , right ?

you asked if i was a muslim right ? see you still judging people based on thier beliefs, there is no space for you in dubai.
mesheditor
Dubai Forums Talker

mesheditor wrote:FD , you know why you picked westernizing the east ?

Nobody is westernzing the Muslim world, but people themselves. Emiratis allowed in Pizza Hut, I see constantly Emiratis walking around with baseball caps. Does anybody force you to wear those caps? Pizza Hut is most of the time full with dishdashes. Are they forced to?

mesheditor wrote: disrespecting people's symbols of beliefs is a hatred act

Really, I have seen some instances of desigrating the star of David on this forum (making it look like a swastika).

1470qc0.gif
1470qc0.gif (8.33 KiB) Viewed 1721 times

Everybody was quite then. Flag burning etc. and people are quite.
Perhaps its because I am not much of a patriot, but I donot get warm or cold when the Dutch flag is burned 10,000 km away. And I am certainly not attacking some embassy because of it or go out and behead people. Although some of the values that the flag represent are sacred to me.

mesheditor wrote: there is a white man behind any conflict

I can feel the love... :bounce:
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

mesheditor wrote:there is a white man behind any conflict , .. Bagbo the ivorian , Moumar alqathafi , Mubarak the pharoah and the Ali of yamman , you know it , right ?

I'm sure Obama will be relieved to find that out!!! :lol: :lol:
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

good one BB :D...
mesheditor, generalization is th biggest mistake...
Pizza HUT!!! is this what u meant by westering mesheditor :D ... I am sure not....

But I disagree on term "westering", its a market, you take what you want and leave what you don't want, no one is actually forcing u... if our gov are a$$#oles we can't blame anyone but ourselves....

FD, so you think burning the Quran is similar to burning Israel flag? so it is a war on Isalm :shock:

EH, I bet u r happy watching this?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:FD, so you think burning the Quran is similar to burning Israel flag?

Those that like to see the Israeli, US, UK, Danish and Dutch flags burn have no moral right to complain about burning the Quran.
Flying Dutchman
Dubai Forums Zealot

I don't like seeing any flags burned, but
have no moral right to complain about burning the Quran.

stop me... :twisted: ....
I wounder if you guys live in UAE, and really asking if u r brave enough to bring ur opinions the same way u do in the forum :D but cool i am sure you don't dare to ... what is it called? opposite to brave :blackeye:
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

mesheditor wrote:
why westernizing the entire world ?

FD wrote:
Why indeed. I cannot see any relevance for this question in this thread, which is about the Islamification of the West.

Strange actually, when we look at the motives of the world one can clearly see that it is the western atheist economic/political /cultural governing that westernising the whole world when there is no islamification by anyone except islam itself..Just like these convert teenagers make it out..
They say that it is islam that doing the good for them and that they are falsely accused of being brain washed..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4XtGPkI ... re=related
Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin wrote:Strange actually, when we look at the motives of the world one can clearly see that it is the western atheist economic/political /cultural governing that westernising the whole world when there is no islamification by anyone except islam itself..

Gee Berrin, I guess you missed several posts about Muslims wanting Sharia, Islamic law, incorporated into western laws. I would call that Muslims Islamitizing western countries. For as many Muslims who resent the westernizing in Muslim countries, there are that many more westerners who resent Muslims demanding Sharia, Islamic law, be recognized and practiced within western law, but then again they are just infidels aren't they?
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Bill Maher on freedom of speech:

mesheditor wrote:EH and you are all in agreement of free speech in a form of an act similar to burning the quran etc , that makes you no different than that mor-ron pastor Terry Johns.

I guess the majority of Americans are targets for people like you, since most Americans support the 1st amendment.

Interestingly, Danios from loonwatch, a left wing loon site I assume you may have come across before, has also supported Pastor Terry Jones's right to burn the Koran:

http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/04/geert- ... ment-67854

Glenn Greenwald has also given his views on why free speech should be supported and that anyone who wants to see Terry Jones's actions criminalized are not supporters of freedom of speech:

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... index.html

My personal opinion on free speech is that I'm pro-speech.

The Koran was personally owned by Terry Jones. It was his personal property. He should be able to do anything he wants with his personal property. His personal property, his choice.

If you don't believe in Koran burning, then don't burn Korans yourself.
event horizon

Bora Bora wrote:Gee Berrin, I guess you missed several posts about Muslims wanting Sharia, Islamic law, incorporated into western laws. I would call that Muslims Islamitizing western countries. For as many Muslims who resent the westernizing in Muslim countries, there are that many more westerners who resent Muslims demanding Sharia, Islamic law, be recognized and practiced within western law, but then again they are just infidels aren't they?

But you ignore the fact that muslims want sharia for themselves. Christians do not have to incorporate sharia laws into their modern roman law. They can allow muslim minority to adapt sharia for their own governing however they wish. I see no wrong in that as democracy thrives on ideologies.

Also, Why do you blame imigrant muslims when you also have significant number of local converts growing and demanding sharia as well..Sharia is inseparable part of islam, by becoming muslim you accept it all as a whole. Accepting certain parts of islam and abandoning the rest of it is hypocrisy as you know..

Hey you know infidel is the common terminology of abrahamic religions? so who do you blame against whom?

-- Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:00 pm --

event horizon wrote:Sorry Catherine, even though you live in a Muslim nation, you should know that the most 'offensive' thing imaginable to any decent human being should be the government's curbing of free speech.

EH do you understand the difference between free speech and free hate expression/speech..

Burning quran has nothing to do with free speech as it only means abuse and defamation of something that is sacred to other people.. Free speech means that you can extract verses from quran and debate them for pros and cons like I tried to do with you on islamic punishment vs modern punishment that you run away from debating.. Free speech means that you construct thoughts and ideas to pursue them in a way that becomes beneficial for society to consider, rather than resent and hate..

Now while you blame muslims on false grounds for restriction on freedom of speech and expression, do you know that your country citizens are just trying to do it for all the wrong reasons...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkPyv1Ty ... ded#at=303

Berrin
Dubai Forums Veteran

Berrin, Glenn Greenwald covers most of your arguments in the link I provided.

Since he explains his position on freedom of speech, which is mine as well, much better than I could ever explain my support for the freedom of speech, I advise you to read his article:

http://www.salon.com/news/opinion/glenn ... index.html
event horizon

Berrin wrote:
Bora Bora wrote:Gee Berrin, I guess you missed several posts about Muslims wanting Sharia, Islamic law, incorporated into western laws. I would call that Muslims Islamitizing western countries. For as many Muslims who resent the westernizing in Muslim countries, there are that many more westerners who resent Muslims demanding Sharia, Islamic law, be recognized and practiced within western law, but then again they are just infidels aren't they?

But you ignore the fact that muslims want sharia for themselves. Christians do not have to incorporate sharia laws into their modern roman law. They can allow muslim minority to adapt sharia for their own governing however they wish. I see no wrong in that as democracy thrives on ideologies.

Also, Why do you blame imigrant muslims when you also have significant number of local converts growing and demanding sharia as well..Sharia is inseparable part of islam, by becoming muslim you accept it all as a whole. Accepting certain parts of islam and abandoning the rest of it is hypocrisy as you know..

Hey you know infidel is the common terminology of abrahamic religions? so who do you blame against whom?

In the real world, it's one law for all the people. Government is not comprised of only christians Berrin. Where do you get your info from?

I said Muslims, nothing about immigrants or converts. Immigrant or converts - they are still Muslims. If Sharia is inseparable from Islam, then those who want to live under Sharia should move to a country where the law of the land is dictated by Sharia. Saudi Arabia?? Egypt?? Yemen?? It's a big world Berrin. Why should a religious group in a western country be treated differently from everyone else who are expected to live by the law of the land? Why do they seek to be the exception? You see, in the US politics are not dictated by a holy book or religious belief. Separation of church and state.

I expect there will be the usual exodus from Dubai to the UK during Ramadan. :wink: Then you have those good religious folk who will take their "side dishes" to the Ramadan tents in the evening. And all those poor folk who suffer from stomach problems and can't fast. And the great numbers showing up at the mosques on Friday - only during Ramadan. I see it year after year after year.

What a neat little way of calling me a hypocrite. I don't say one thing and practice another Berrin, unlike so many religious people do. When you see how many people "practice" Islam, it can be very discouraging to someone who had such high hopes to enjoy it in an Islamic country, not put off to it by so many hypocrites. I live my life by the basics of any religion Berrin. Beyond the basics, the rest is.......well, I'll leave it at that.

I don't trust anyone who is "religious" Berrin, regardless of their religion. I saw so many good Muslims that had to be in the first row at prayer on Friday thinking what? that being in the first row puts them closer to God and God will forgive them first! And then you have those who make Haj and Umrah asking for forgiveness for all the sins they committed in the past, and probably asking for advance forgiveness for the sins they will commit in the future, because when the "pureness" they felt from making the journey wears off, they are back to business as usual, which would usually be considered sinful - lying, greed, swindling people, cheating on their wife, the list is endless.

I had a relative who was a good Catholic, who went to church weekly, went to confession weekly, a real Christian woman - who was one of the most horrid individuals I every came across.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

I disagree on your post BB, its way too much not a friendly opinion or solution... thats if it is a solution...
I don't trust religious ppl from first or second sight as well, i have my brain which i trust... but i won't say I don't trust anyone who is religious...
about ur view of ppl who prays at the first or go ummmrah etc.. I pray at the last line and sometimes outside the mosque actually, but i won't stop asking for forgiveness :) thats why i believe in GOD... is anyone 100 % clean of mistakes?
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Mahmoud04 wrote:I disagree on your post BB, its way too much not a friendly opinion or solution... thats if it is a solution...
I don't trust religious ppl from first or second sight as well, i have my brain which i trust... but i won't say I don't trust anyone who is religious...
about ur view of ppl who prays at the first or go ummmrah etc.. I pray at the last line and sometimes outside the mosque actually, but i won't stop asking for forgiveness :) thats why i believe in GOD... is anyone 100 % clean of mistakes?

I don't think you read my post in the context it was written Mahmoud. It was directed at Berrin, who is, in my opinion, one of those people who thinks he is holier than thou. You have to keep in mind Mahmoud, with regard to practice, what I wrote was from experience - what I've seen and heard.

As for Muslims wanting Sharia incorporated into western laws, that is an opinion, which is shared by many Westerners. Why is it that Muslims can bash westerners for imposing western ways - not law!!!! - ways, in Islamic countries, but get offended when westerners oppose Muslims in western countries wanting religious laws incorporated into laws that are not put in place by religion, but by man. If they don't want to live under man made laws, then they should move to countries that live under religious law. What is wrong with that??

Actually I see you agree with me more than disagree. :) Please tell me where you disagree.

Religion is private. My husband prays once a day, loves Ramadan, and each day lives it as best he can. He is a good man, but doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve. He doesn't discuss religion with other people as he has his own views and beliefs, which may not be as "strong" as others or as "strong" as some may think they should be. He answers to two people - God and me!!!! :lol: :lol: and not necessarily in that order. :lol:

Funny, but rarely do you hear Muslims discuss Islam. It's usually Muslim and non-Muslim. Then you have people like me - somewhere in between. A lapsed convert???

I believe there is a God. No one is absent of sin. It's those that think they are that are scarey and I avoid.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 11, 2011
well, on ground no country is applying Sharia, what we see is fake images of what or how old times were, Sharia in general is not stoning women or whip or the rest what we hear... Sharia is justice, or justice is sharia, its just a playing with words thing, (like extremists and terrorist), at the end it is what guarantees that every person is safe and having his/her living..
I disagree on
then they should move to countries that live under religious law. What is wrong with that??
to be solution in case they are living in their homes (not migrants) just because they are on another religion... and you may know that, we had similar opinion like that in Egypt and I am totally against that and gone through few discussions coz this is not right... u might have heard about what happened during the referendum... and I am wondering how did EH miss that :lol:
and I don't like generalization at all, its my biggest enemy :D...

apart from that i agree with u...
Justice and Peace is the best Sharia or law ever... and differences are just morals and things that we call culture actually not Sharia... and I am pretty sure they are all shared in almost all religions but may be different way of applying them..
I am a strong believer that whats happening these days all around (not only DF) is a lake of knowledge and finding what we disagree on rather than focusing on what we agree on... and some people are really good at that, personally I have been through a lot of experiences someone can go through in this life, but still learning....
I love Ramadan too, waiting for it :D
Mahmoud04
Dubai chat master

Re: Teenage Girl Arrested For Burning Koran Apr 11, 2011
Mahmoud04 wrote:well, on ground no country is applying Sharia, what we see is fake images of what or how old times were, Sharia in general is not stoning women or whip or the rest what we hear... Sharia is justice, or justice is sharia, its just a playing with words thing, (like extremists and terrorist), at the end it is what guarantees that every person is safe and having his/her living..
I disagree on
then they should move to countries that live under religious law. What is wrong with that??
to be solution in case they are living in their homes (not migrants) just because they are on another religion... and you may know that, we had similar opinion like that in Egypt and I am totally against that and gone through few discussions coz this is not right... u might have heard about what happened during the referendum... and I am wondering how did EH miss that :lol:
and I don't like generalization at all, its my biggest enemy :D...

apart from that i agree with u...
Justice and Peace is the best Sharia or law ever... and differences are just morals and things that we call culture actually not Sharia... and I am pretty sure they are all shared in almost all religions but may be different way of applying them..
I am a strong believer that whats happening these days all around (not only DF) is a lake of knowledge and finding what we disagree on rather than focusing on what we agree on... and some people are really good at that, personally I have been through a lot of experiences someone can go through in this life, but still learning....
I love Ramadan too, waiting for it :D

Good Morning Mahmoud.

People leave their own countries and migrate elsewhere for different reasons. If you live in a country where the law is man made and one wants to live under Sharia, based on a holy book, then that would be a good reason to migrate to a country where Sharia is the law of the land.

Sharia, as once practiced throughout Islamic countries, is still active in Saudia Arabia and Iran. Certain punishment, or if you prefer "justice" is still practiced, such as stoning, beheading, women being punished for adultery based on the word of three men, etc.

As I said, western countries separate church and state, church being religion, state being law.
Bora Bora
Dubai OverLord

posting in Dubai Politics TalkForum Rules

Return to Dubai Politics Talk